BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about getting the B7 back to East New York or Flatbush...

That deadhead from FP to Howard Avenue seems rather long, but does interline with the B26.

Yes, I can agree with this, but will the (MTA) move it back to ENY or FB someday?.

So far it hasn't done bad with FP.

Random: Besides the B6. I've never seen a UP bus go pass Bushwick and Downtown

Edited by Future ENY OP

That deadhead from FP to Howard Avenue seems rather long, but does interline with the B26.

Yes, I can agree with this, but will the (MTA) move it back to ENY or FB someday?.

So far it hasn't done bad with FP.

Random: Besides the B6. I've never seen a UP bus go pass Bushwick and Downtown

I don't think it's neccessary for an UP route to serve Downtown Brooklyn. 

So far it (B7) hasn't done bad with FP.

I don't know what's happened over a couple of months, but the B7 has gotten better at FP... Much better.

Buses aren't (as) late; doesn't seem as if trips are going M.I.A......

How about getting the B7 back to East New York or Flatbush...

What would Flatbush give up?

Edited by B35 via Church

I don't know what's happened over a couple of months, but the B7 has gotten better at FP... Much better.

Buses aren't (as) late; doesn't seem as if trips are going M.I.A......

What would Flatbush give up?

Pretty hard to answer. But my guess would be the B2 or B31.

(FP) buses are very frequent and they are doing good with the B7. 

Now, the B47 saga needs to be fixed. The short turn needs to return. KP to Sutter Avenue.

I never understood why the short turn was discontinued.

Edited by Future ENY OP

Now, the B47 saga needs to be fixed. The short turn needs to return. KP to Sutter Avenue.

Now where would the B2 & 31 go?

They still have the 47 short turns to Rutland Rd, its mainly early morning trips from Kings Plaza that do it

Where does the Q113 stop by Costco in Lawrence? I noticed on one side there's a bench and I'm gonna guess that's the stop for that direction (towards Far Rock) but there are no marked stop signs anywhere. Same for Kmart up Rockaway Turnpike.

I think further back where the BK/Popeyes is at.

Well, we can forget about frequency with the B7 route... Reliability wise, yeah, the B7's gotten better; compared to the first couple weeks or so it started operating out of FP....

B47 short turn scenario.... What I don't understand is why the AM early morning & rush hour short turn trips to KP were kept, but the AM rush trips from KP were cut.... That would implicate that the demand is greater for service north of the (3) - except they cut overall service on the B47.... In other words, service for those north of the (3) stayed the same more or less, but those south of the (3) got hit hard with those frequency decreases - Which still plagues the route to this very day...

Saturdays is where those short turns were/are needed the most IMO... Most of those riders emanating from Kings Plaza aren't going north of the (3).... Now each & every single saturday trip runs the full route, because headways overall on the B47 were increased... That's the sneaky shit they don't want the riding public to pick up on.... But when people are waiting upwards of 20 mins for a bus on a saturday (and in bunches at that), I'm quite sure riders realize where the MTA f***ed up with the B47 on.....

While I understand that the old B40... sucked, there was nothing wrong with the old B78...

Broadway already had the B46 (especially) & the Q24, and there wasn't much of a need to connect southern Brooklyn & Ocean Hill with another route (just take a look at ridership patterns on the B7 for further proof of this).... So riders on (what was) the old B78, continue to get screwed with today's B47.... That's just how I see it.

Where does the Q113 stop by Costco in Lawrence? I noticed on one side there's a bench and I'm gonna guess that's the stop for that direction (towards Far Rock) but there are no marked stop signs anywhere. Same for Kmart up Rockaway Turnpike.

AFAIK...

1] The Costco's...

- Far Rock. bound, yeah, there's a bench where a pole for one of those stupid red & white *no standing, bus stop* (or whatever it says, exactly) signs used to be... Don't know what happened to it.

- Queens bound, still existing is one of those dumb red & white *no standing, bus stop* signs by the parking lot entrance of the Lucky Boy (restaurant)....

2] What you're referring to as stopping for the Kmart, is the 5 Towns stop.... Those stops (one in each direction) are both marked....

- Far Rock. bound, it's in front of a bunch of bullshit stores.... Just short of the IHOP out there.

- Queens bound, it's located just short of the T-mobile

They still have the 47 short turns to Rutland Rd, its mainly early morning trips from Kings Plaza that do it

Nah, he's right, and he was specific in that post.... They only have the short turns from Rutland rd...

There isn't any trip out of KP that ends at Rutland - They all go to Woodhull....

Edited by B35 via Church

Well, we can forget about frequency with the B7 route... Reliability wise, yeah, the B7's gotten better; compared to the first couple weeks or so it started operating out of FP....

B47 short turn scenario.... What I don't understand is why the AM early morning & rush hour short turn trips to KP were kept, but the AM rush trips from KP were cut.... That would implicate that the demand is greater for service north of the (3) - except they cut overall service on the B47.... In other words, service for those north of the (3) stayed the same more or less, but those south of the (3) got hit hard with those frequency decreases - Which still plagues the route to this very day...

Saturdays is where those short turns were/are needed the most IMO... Most of those riders emanating from Kings Plaza aren't going north of the (3).... Now each & every single saturday trip runs the full route, because headways overall on the B47 were increased... That's the sneaky shit they don't want the riding public to pick up on.... But when people are waiting upwards of 20 mins for a bus on a saturday (and in bunches at that), I'm quite sure riders realize where the MTA f***ed up with the B47 on.....

While I understand that the old B40... sucked, there was nothing wrong with the old B78...

Broadway already had the B46 (especially) & the Q24, and there wasn't much of a need to connect southern Brooklyn & Ocean Hill with another route (just take a look at ridership patterns on the B7 for further proof of this).... So riders on (what was) the old B78, continue to get screwed with today's B47.... That's just how I see it.

I never understood to why they eliminated the B78. The frequencies ran very good under Flatbush & East NY.  At the most you would wait for 78 heading to Sutter Ave was 1/2 hour. 35 mins the most with traffic. However, with every line there is bus bunching. The difference here with this B47 is that you have 3-4 buses traveling in one direction, and none going towards KP and vice versa. Now, this is where you need the short turn to return (FULL TIME) and have alternating trips via Woodhull.. Hopefully one day the (MTA) decides to revise this and send 47 back to FB or ENY just like the fiasco of the B15 and B43 both ran at Grand Avenue and suck miserably.

Now, I don't know too much about the B40. But I believe at that time it terminated on Alabama Ave and headed to Williamsburg Br via Ralph. (someone correct me on here). However, there was no need to merge the 2 lines. The 40 was it's own separate line which cover a different branch of Bed-Stuy, Ocean Hill, and Brownsville-East New York.

I never understood to why they eliminated the B78. The frequencies ran very good under Flatbush & East NY.  At the most you would wait for 78 heading to Sutter Ave was 1/2 hour. 35 mins the most with traffic. However, with every line there is bus bunching. The difference here with this B47 is that you have 3-4 buses traveling in one direction, and none going towards KP and vice versa. Now, this is where you need the short turn to return (FULL TIME) and have alternating trips via Woodhull.. Hopefully one day the (MTA) decides to revise this and send 47 back to FB or ENY just like the fiasco of the B15 and B43 both ran at Grand Avenue and suck miserably.

Now, I don't know too much about the B40. But I believe at that time it terminated on Alabama Ave and headed to Williamsburg Br via Ralph. (someone correct me on here). However, there was no need to merge the 2 lines. The 40 was it's own separate line which cover a different branch of Bed-Stuy, Ocean Hill, and Brownsville-East New York.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I believe the last stop of the B40 was Penn and Liberty by the (C)

Correct.

Took the Q39 from the Ridgewood side for the first time today. No wonder why buses are late going up to QBP.

...and mind you, this is on a sunday.

I've taken the Q39 either from Myrtle or Forest av (M) to Court Sq. more than I have from QBP or Court sq to Ridgewood.... The former ride is a great way to kill time.... The latter, if you don't get caught up on laurel hill, you can get to Met. av quicker than expected... anything south of Met. av (either direction) is always going to be a drag/lag.... But I've noticed that the ride towards QBP tends to take longer than the ride to Ridgewood.....

The other problem I have with buses b/w Court Sq. & QBP is that buses tend to be empty past Court Sq.... The next time I take the walk to the B32, I'm going to start paying more attention to just how many people (if any) are on those Q39's before the crowd that waits at 23rd/44th boards.... It's a reason I still think the Q39 should be cut back to Court. Sq.... It's not nearly as useful at QBP.... At this point, I believe it ending at QBP makes for nothing more than a convenient terminal/layover spot....

Maybe the 49...the 2 and the 31 are too far. ENY would be the better choice IMO

rumor has it that flatbush will eventually go all artic and the 2 & 31 would both go to ulmer pk. the run ons and offs to e16 st would be easy enough,probably taking only 12-15 minutes.

if this rumor bears fruit, where would the 49 go ENY?

I think it would stay at Flatbush because it sees SBS units from the B44 from time to time.

rumor has it that flatbush will eventually go all artic and the 2 & 31 would both go to ulmer pk. the run ons and offs to e16 st would be easy enough,probably taking only 12-15 minutes.

If this rumor is true, with the amount of damage done to the B44 local, I think it should move to ENY or another depot because the B44 local is shit now.

I think it would stay at Flatbush because it sees SBS units from the B44 from time to time.

If this rumor is true, with the amount of damage done to the B44 local, I think it should move to ENY or another depot because the B44 local is shit now.

I would move the local to Grand...