BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

What's the deal with SBS wrapped buses running on the M86? Saw one in person last night, then I look today on Bustime and 1272 is on it too...

And 3707 was on the QM17 (in the AM).

I would love to see some stuck up guy/lady put only $2.50 in the farebox out of spite just because they didn't get their regular bus. That would be quite an entertaining exchange lol.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the deal with SBS wrapped buses running on the M86? Saw one in person last night, then I look today on Bustime and 1272 is on it too...

I would love to see some stuck up guy/lady put only $2.50 in the farebox out of spite just because they didn't get their regular bus. That would be quite an entertaining exchange lol.

I would've loved to see their faces when that bus showed up, lol. The 17 doesn't run that frequent to begin with, and if memory serves right, that was the last inbound bus in the morning too.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I was surprised to see so many Training Buses this morning.... I saw three of them running down 81st street and then turning on Central Park West.  A 47XX from JA Depot, a 45XX, and another hybrid... They must cut through the park at some point and then head up Madison.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Isn't that normal, even on weekends/holidays?

Um, the ex Bee Line units are always running on the Bx23 7 days a week. They only go to the Q50 on sporadic occasions.

I was more referring to how frigid the temperatures are outside (and how old(er) the bus is compared to most of the other local fleet at EC; like wouldn't it just be better to keep them inside).

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I was more referring to how frigid the temperatures are outside (and how old(er) the bus is compared to most of the other local fleet at EC; like wouldn't it just be better to keep them inside).

EC doesn't have indoor storage, only time there buses are indoors is when they are in the maintenance bays.

They probably aren't much worse than the 6000s so it probably isn't an issue to run the Ex Bees on a Holiday.

Edited by trainfan22

I hear some of our new Xcelsiors are being built at NABI in Alabama and it's partly why they're coming so fast and skipping numbers... Not sure how true it is.

Well I hope the quality of the buses are good. It would really suck if three or four years down the line these buses started having serious problems and have to be taken out of service often.

Now I wonder what is taking the Novabus's so long to come. I can't wait for some of these RTS's to go.

Edited by NewFlyer 230