BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Stop this BS about "not receiving any service". There is still the local bus and subway, and aside from that their taxes go towards a lot more than public transportation.

That is not the case in quite a few communities and you know it. People are being forced to make three transfers to get to places that they used to be able to take one bus to get to as evidenced in the Town Hall meeting the other night.

And yes, you did say that you'd be alright with using regular buses provided they were used for express buses only and came with soft seats and all that glitz and glam on the regular express buses.

Correct, but not just regular buses without the soft seats, etc. as MHV suggested. He added that maybe they should have suburban seating as if a commute at a premium that can be over an hour shouldn't even have soft seats. I personally think he has some deep seeded issues with folks that don't live in Manhattan as if they don't deserve service like he's better than folks that live in the outerboroughs. His comments about Staten Island where he called for the outright elimination of all express buses and about the outerboroughs in general that are more suburban suggest this.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: The amount of service an area receives should be based on demand and need (and no, if there's one person who needs it, that doesn't mean it's needed).

Those people on the Upper East Side pay plenty of taxes, and their buses are cost-efficient, so they're subsidizing the commutes of people in the far reaches of the outer boroughs where the buses carry a handful of people.

Well that's great that you feel that way because it isn't you that doesn't have service. It's funny that it's okay to give farebeaters free rides when they often pay NOTHING to ride, but the riding public doesn't deserve service. I don't care how you rant and rave that you don't support farebeaters because you and I know that you do. You should just be honest and say so, but at the same time I find it rather disgusting that hard working middle class folks CONTRIBUTING to society can't even get to work in some areas while farebeaters have plenty of service and access to public transit.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random thought.... After all of the crap I've been through with the BxM18 and that damn stop that no B/O seems to know on Madison & 44th, I was almost bypassed yet again tonight by a regular nonetheless and then he apologizes. I just walked by him in disgust because it is inexcusable at this point to not know where the stop is when he's been stopping there for a good month now and sees me almost every night and now suddenly he's forgotten the stop? <_< At this point what I was considering doing I am now looking into because this is really unacceptable.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

1) That is not the case in quite a few communities and you know it. People are being forced to make three transfers to get to places that they used to be able to take one bus to get to as evidenced in the Town Hall meeting the other night.

2) Correct, but not just regular buses without the soft seats, etc. as MHV suggested. He added that maybe they should have suburban seating as if a commute at a premium that can be over an hour shouldn't even have soft seats. I personally think he has some deep seeded issues with folks that don't live in Manhattan as if they don't deserve service like he's better than folks that live in the outerboroughs. His comments about Staten Island where he called for the outright elimination of all express buses and about the outerboroughs in general that are more suburban suggest this.

3) Well that's great that you feel that way because it isn't you that doesn't have service. It's funny that it's okay to give farebeaters free rides when they often pay NOTHING to ride, but the riding public doesn't deserve service. I don't care how you rant and rave that you don't support farebeaters because you and I know that you do. You should just be honest and say so, but at the same time I find it rather disgusting that hard working middle class folks CONTRIBUTING to society can't even get to work in some areas while farebeaters have plenty of service and access to public transit.

1) Yeah, but that's still not "no service". That's "service that's a PITA to use", but that's still not "no service".

2) Well, take that up with him.

3) Yeah, and I said I don't support taking away service from an area completely, regardless of how little they use it, or else you'd see me screaming at the top of my lungs for service on the South Shore (west of Richmond Avenue) to be eliminated, and I wouldn't want routes like the Q79 restored.

1) Yeah, but that's still not "no service". That's "service that's a PITA to use", but that's still not "no service".

It's not service because at that rate most folks would be fired. They are forced to take car service.

2) Well, take that up with him.

Don't try to steal my line. You added your two cents in as usual...

3) Yeah, and I said I don't support taking away service from an area completely, regardless of how little they use it, or else you'd see me screaming at the top of my lungs for service on the South Shore (west of Richmond Avenue) to be eliminated, and I wouldn't want routes like the Q79 restored.

Could've fooled me...

1) It's not service because at that rate most folks would be fired. They are forced to take car service.

2) Don't try to steal my line. You added your two cents in as usual...

3) Could've fooled me...

1) Are we talking about the same thing here? First you're talking about express service and having to make transfers and now you're talking about car service (which I assume is for local trips)

2) LOL. Well, he doesn't seem to be one to hate the outer boroughs. I mean, I think he really doesn't understand that some express routes can be as efficient as the local routes, especially if you want to compare SI express routes with SI local routes, so that's probably why he thinks express buses are so expensive.

3) Well maybe if you had bothered to read my posts instead of calling them "ridiculous", you wouldn't be fooled

You still pay taxes to pay for education even if you're not in school. What's your point? That's just how taxes work, you pay for public services for the general public good, even if it doesn't immediately apply to you.

It's called taxation without representation... You can't sit here and tell me that a community is just going to sit back and say oh okay yeah I can pay taxes but you can take all of my public transportation away...

It's called taxation without representation... You can't sit here and tell me that a community is just going to sit back and say oh okay yeah I can pay taxes but you can take all of my public transportation away...

I know this may be hard to believe, but there's more to public transportation than express buses.

In any case, I finally caught that S96. It was a stupid LFS, so the damn door hit somebody when it opened.

I know this may be hard to believe, but there's more to public transportation than express buses.

In any case, I finally caught that S96. It was a stupid LFS, so the damn door hit somebody when it opened.

What's hard to believe is that you can't read... I was not talking about express buses at all but rather local bus service. Hmm and we're still complaining about where buses are with Bus Time on Staten Island... <_<

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

What's hard to believe is that you can't read... I was not talking about express buses at all but rather local bus service. Hmm and we're still complaining about where buses are with Bus Time on Staten Island... <_<

Yeah, and I don't support having an area left with no service whatsoever.

And what the hell are you talking about? I wasn't expecting the bus to be there, and I got a pleasant surprise. Of course, it was crowded, but it got me to school quicker than walking (unlike other days when it came after I was already right by my school anyway, but I didn't care because it was crowded and I could just calmly walk to school without worrying about being late without the bus). So cut the crap about BusTime.

Yeah, and I don't support having an area left with no service whatsoever.

And what the hell are you talking about? I wasn't expecting the bus to be there, and I got a pleasant surprise. Of course, it was crowded, but it got me to school quicker than walking (unlike other days when it came after I was already right by my school anyway, but I didn't care because it was crowded and I could just calmly walk to school without worrying about being late without the bus). So cut the crap about BusTime.

So then why did you say you finally caught an S96?? <_<

They should order some more LFSAs for LGA (Q53) & FR (Q52 a.k.a Q21 Limited)

if LGA were to ever get 60 ft buses, it would most likely be hand-me-down D60's. as I see almost nothing new ever goes to LGA, except for those Orion 7s.

(speaking about LGA those Orion V's are getting on my nerves already!)

So then why did you say you finally caught an S96?? <_<

Don't give me that <_< crap. I said that S96. I spent several posts wondering what was up with that bus, whether the previous one was running very late, or whether it was an extra bus or if somehow, miraculously it manged to come early even with extreme crowding. In fact, you even chimed in before about how sometimes they toss in extra buses and you'd like the S48s that started at Richmond Avenue, so don't act like you don't know what I'm referring to.

Don't give me that <_< crap. I said that S96. I spent several posts wondering what was up with that bus, whether the previous one was running very late, or whether it was an extra bus or if somehow, miraculously it manged to come early even with extreme crowding. In fact, you even chimed in before about how sometimes they toss in extra buses and you'd like the S48s that started at Richmond Avenue, so don't act like you don't know what I'm referring to.

OHHH whatever!! <_< Still makes no sense to me, but more power to you. You wouldn't have been wondering if you had Bus Time at your disposal.

OHHH whatever!! <_< Still makes no sense to me, but more power to you. You wouldn't have been wondering if you had Bus Time at your disposal.

Well, it's not my problem if you can't go back in the thread so that what I said makes sense.

And the point of BusTime is to make your commute easier. How does knowing where that bus came from make my commute easier? Whether it's an early bus or a late bus or an extra bus or whatever, it's still a bus and it can still get me to school faster. And if it doesn't come, so what? I'll just walk which is what I was planning on doing anyway. So my curiosity wasn't satisfied. Big whoop.

Well, it's not my problem if you can't go back in the thread so that what I said makes sense.

And the point of BusTime is to make your commute easier. How does knowing where that bus came from make my commute easier? Whether it's an early bus or a late bus or an extra bus or whatever, it's still a bus and it can still get me to school faster. And if it doesn't come, so what? I'll just walk which is what I was planning on doing anyway. So my curiosity wasn't satisfied. Big whoop.

... <_<

if LGA were to ever get 60 ft buses, it would most likely be hand-me-down D60's. as I see almost nothing new ever goes to LGA, except for those Orion 7s.

(speaking about LGA those Orion V's are getting on my nerves already!)

im hearing those Orion V's are bad!! is it that true?? whats so badd about them?

It certainly beats the lame "rolling eyes" icon... I really have a problem with that icon... <_<

I think it would look a little better if it wasn't animated.

Anyway, my trip back from the YMCA worked out pretty well. The S98 (actually, a pair of them) arrived just as I got to Forest & Broadway, and then at Richmond Avenue, the S89 was pulling in just as I got off the S98. There was an MTA car there, and I was wondering what it was there for, but it wasn't worth missing a bus over.

This is why I personally believe that both of you are brothers, if not, half brothers. ^_^ Both of you are criticizing each other with the power of words. :P

When they said they're not, I believe their lying to save the embarrassment.

This is why I personally believe that both of you are brothers, if not, half brothers. ^_^ Both of you are criticizing each other with the power of words. :P

When they said they're not, I believe their lying to save the embarrassment.

LOL. You should've seen us when we were at the meeting last summer. Yeah, I totally see the resemblance.... NOT!