BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen Next Bus Please on buses that were not in service.

Some ops use it interchangeably but the bulletin states that when operating a bus that is in non-revenue service only , "Not In Service" may be displayed on the destination sign...If some superintendents feel like breaking balls they could hand out violations for those "code breaking" on pull-in trips.

That used to happen on the MHV 1996 RTSes over the summers, I remember burning up on an RTS all too often.

--

On that note, just had 9461 out the 62. Couldn't have cared less about the performance cause it had one thing going for it: air conditioning!

Edited by MHV9218

Took a visit to 2 years ago and dug up a few clips

The only few runs 1306 ever had, this was on its first day.

1304 on the M104

Dug a lil deeper to when the 8600s & Ex-PBL TMCs were still around....

And

I got more, but that's all for now.

Edited by Cait Sith

Good stuff to see, makes me really miss those TMCs. Those buses ran hard! 1306 had a bunch of runs though, some day I'll get the pictures up but around November 2010 it and 1304 ran basically every day on a rush hour M1 (think it had something to do with the shortage, there were loaner RTSes at the same time). If I ever dig up the shots, there was one day in November that year where 9633 and 1306 were something like leader and follower on the M1, perfect combination if you ask me!

Good stuff to see, makes me really miss those TMCs. Those buses ran hard! 1306 had a bunch of runs though, some day I'll get the pictures up but around November 2010 it and 1304 ran basically every day on a rush hour M1 (think it had something to do with the shortage, there were loaner RTSes at the same time). If I ever dig up the shots, there was one day in November that year where 9633 and 1306 were something like leader and follower on the M1, perfect combination if you ask me!

Yeah 1306 had a good number of runs, but it was shortlived. A week or two after, the Designline program was cancelled. I would've loved to have caught 1304 at South Ferry on the M5, but that didn't happen. ugh!

Man, now that you mention the M1 and loaners....this was quite the oddball.

Yeah 1306 had a good number of runs, but it was shortlived. A week or two after, the Designline program was cancelled. I would've loved to have caught 1304 at South Ferry on the M5, but that didn't happen. ugh!

Man, now that you mention the M1 and loaners....this was quite the oddball.

video

Don't remind me...for some reason I have absolutely zero shots of any of the RTS loaners, and they were good ones too. 8881, 8896 (only one I rode), 4907, 4912, 5017, 9633, 4407, etc. Joined the forum right about that time, those were some real oddballs. I think they stayed about a week if I remember right, first time they I saw them I was down in the Village and I see 8881 and I'm thinking well that's odd, then 8896 turns up and then 4912 all the same night. Odd stuff.

Edited by MHV9218

I've always wondered....did this bus get its repaint when it was at 126 or when it was at 100th Street/Tuskegee Airmen? I'm sure it probably got the job done at Zerega but I always wondered which depot had it when the paint job was done?

Edited by Cait Sith

The buses at castleton are becoming a mess!

8005 seats ripped

8013 tagged all over

8023 lagging back door

The 3GS are not bad just garbage etc

4870 pull cord broken

4886 pull cord broken

4887 back door doesn't open when u touch tape...

4896 pull cord broken

About 20 xd40s are tagged

Every lfs is has some drawing or marker mess on it

Why do people see the Q111 as a local variant of the Q113? I see the Q111 as a route to Jamaica for people who don't live close the the Q85.

The Q113 local is less frequent than the LTD, so people just tend to see the very frequent Q111 as a local variant.

8005 seats ripped

8013 tagged all over

8023 lagging back door

4870 pull cord broken

4886 pull cord broken

4896 pull cord broken

I'm shocked... <_<

8005 seats ripped

8013 tagged all over

8023 lagging back door

4870 pull cord broken

4886 pull cord broken

4896 pull cord broken

It's system-wide, 5844 at Quill is newer than all of those and its pull cords are kaput too.

Why do people see the Q111 as a local variant of the Q113? I see the Q111 as a route to Jamaica for people who don't live close the the Q85.

It is because although they have different terminuses, although they run down Guy R Brewer together and also probly because there are more 113 exp's than 113 locals, which does make sense in a way to think that. I always did see the 111 as a local version to the 113 until I moved to Springfield Gardens myself. The 111 could be seen as an alternative for Springfield Gardens & Rosedale residents to the 85 because the 85 serves a more northern part of the neighborhoods while the 111 serves a southern part. I live in between the two buses but I prefer the 85 because its safer and not as crowded but it is less frequent.