BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Well of course 3840 is a piece of junk... That was a Castleton original...

As for the scene, you should've been there when two yellow taxis had an accident...

Thing was terrible, and it turned around at 26th with no announcement whatsoever from the B/O. And yep, I can imagine.

how is 3840 a piece of junk?

No power at all. Once the bus was really only half full, no standees but seats taken, it lost all ability to accelerate. Thing just crawled along at full throttle, and I looked back at an old shot I had of it and it's been a lemon since it showed up, blowing black smoke even when new.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! i think its something with these new buses...people see that all these new buses are coming and wanna do something to them...on pg 85 of this tread i have a list of the castleton BTE buses that chords broke...and etc...with LFS and all...i really hope the MTA doesnt fix them...and if people complain then they can kiss the MTA. You dont get new stuff and break it...and expect to get it fixed and it to stay new. NO! And i really think the "Please exit through the rear door" announcement to continue to say "Please exit through the rear door......Please wait for green light, before opening doors" and under the pull cords should be a sticker saying "pull cord lightly". and have announcements that run along the bus often saying "please be considerate and pull cords lightly"

People ignore the stickers and announcements as is, more will probably scare them.

Yup, bus drivers do filthy thing to buses too...any time you get on a bus and smell piss near the rear door or artic joint, most likely a bus driver either Pee'd there or emptied a bottle of piss there....

Yup, bus drivers do filthy thing to buses too...any time you get on a bus and smell piss near the rear door or artic joint, most likely a bus driver either Pee'd there or emptied a bottle of piss there....

Sheesh I thought that was just urban legend or something, jesus. That explains a lot of Tuskegee smells of late...

Maybe you're making reference to the turn signal indicators.

F

INALLY someone answered this question! I am always hearing this on the C40's, it kinda gets annoying after a while.

on a side note, I haven't seen a Orion V CNG on the Q38 since last saturday. at the max I would see one on the whole route.

No sorry I don't have any sound clips... That "pinging" sound tends to go "ping" about every three seconds then pause then starts again. Something like this: Ping-pause-ping-pause-ping. You can hear it much better when the A/C is off. That sound is pretty quiet. Sometimes it stops for about five minutes then it starts again... Like I said before, I've only heard that sound on a D60.

ahhhhhh as SevenEleven stated...that is the sound of the turn signal indicators. I've grown so immune to the sound that sometimes I may forget to take my foot off the turn signal switch lol...the LFSA's have the sound too but it is much louder and is more like a click-clack, click-clack.

Maybe you're making reference to the turn signal indicators.

ahhhhhh as SevenEleven stated...that is the sound of the turn signal indicators. I've grown so immune to the sound that sometimes I may forget to take my foot off the turn signal switch lol...the LFSA's have the sound too but it is much louder and is more like a click-clack, click-clack.

So that sound is the turn signal sound? Hmm... seems about right. But it sounds much different than a regular turn signal. Anyways thanks guys!

I might be late but this has caught my interest. Apparently the C designation for the x17 is gone? I have been seeing and shooting a number of "X17" trips more than the C trips.

Also, there are new programs for the x10, now they have what appears to be "B" and "C" designations now

I might be late but this has caught my interest. Apparently the C designation for the x17 is gone? I have been seeing and shooting a number of "X17" trips more than the C trips.

Also, there are new programs for the x10, now they have what appears to be "B" and "C" designations now

Interesting. I live right near the X10 & X17, so I'll check it out.

no i still be seeing x17C's around on weekday nights on Richmond Ave.

the X10B and C is only on bustime...i ride the X10 and it always only say X10. the x10c is the regular x10 that i use to search for my x10. the x10b idk what its for but its only 1 way.

no i still be seeing x17C's around on weekday nights on Richmond Ave.

the X10B and C is only on bustime...i ride the X10 and it always only say X10. the x10c is the regular x10 that i use to search for my x10. the x10b idk what its for but its only 1 way.

Only on bustime?

DSC01400.jpg

Hold that.

As for my x17....

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

When I say I shot em, I shot em......

Had ExYukon 4248 today, and for those who said those NGs from Yukon were shitty were wrong! lol at least with 4248 at least... That shit was sweet today. Good power and take off...

That probably got worked on lmao. I remember a friend of mine having it on the S91 LTD before it went up there and that bus could barely go up Victory Blvd and them hills, we got shown up by some Orion Vs!

Wow, I can't imagine a NG that's slow. Every NG I've encountered hauls ass.

It was weird because he kept trying to make the bus move from Bay Street up to Forest Avenue where that entire section tends to be quite hilly and it pretty much refused. Once we got up to Forest Avenue where it was an even stretch/downhill stretch, then it began to move. I'm not entirely sure why that happened but he kept telling me that it refused to put out any type of power going uphill. It's similar to what MHV9218 said about 3840.

Edited by Cait Sith

It was weird because he kept trying to make the bus move from Bay Street up to Forest Avenue where that entire section tends to be quite hilly and it pretty much refused. Once we got up to Forest Avenue where it was an even stretch/downhill stretch, then it began to move. I'm not entirely sure why that happened but he kept telling me that it refused to put out any type of power going uphill. It's similar to what MHV9218 said about 3840.

Definitely sounds similar, once the bus was emptier and/or going downhill it got going but when it was either full or going uphill, we just got passed and passed by OGs.

Ok so yesterday i rode 8032 on the B74....i also rode it about 3weeks ago on the B36...but yesterday made me remember. 8032 when the green light turns on...the back door says "Touch yellow tape to open doors". Its an LFS, the back door has a handle so the other LFS's say "Touch yellow handle to open doors". Just something rare...dont have a video of it.

Definitely sounds similar, once the bus was emptier and/or going downhill it got going but when it was either full or going uphill, we just got passed and passed by OGs.

Some of the RTS's from 126th street are having that problem too. I saw 9424 on the M31 a few days ago and it could barely make it to the top of the hill on 87th street. A lot of buses in Manhattan have been having problems lately.

Some of the RTS's from 126th street are having that problem too. I saw 9424 on the M31 a few days ago and it could barely make it to the top of the hill on 87th street. A lot of buses in Manhattan have been having problems lately.

That's an RTS. Most diesel buses are bad at climbing hills. Hybrid buses 99.9% of the time are better hill climbers because they don't lose power.

Service Change Posted: 06/03/2012 11:55AM

Q23 bus detoured due to street festival on 103rd Street and 37th Avenue:

Northbound: Via 103rd Street, right on Roosevelt Avenue, left on 108th Street, left 34th Avenue then regular route.

Please allow for additional travel time.

I'm confused!?!?!?!?. Why would the MTA reroute the Q32 all the way over there, and 34 Avenue is never there regular routing of the Q32.

Service Change Posted: 06/03/2012 11:55AM

Q23 bus detoured due to street festival on 103rd Street and 37th Avenue:

Northbound: Via 103rd Street, right on Roosevelt Avenue, left on 108th Street, left 34th Avenue then regular route.

Please allow for additional travel time.

I'm confused!?!?!?!?. Why would the MTA reroute the Q32 all the way over there, and 34 Avenue is never there regular routing of the Q32.

Are you referring to the Q23 or Q32? :wacko:

In any case, if it's the Q23, I think it might be better to go straight up 108th. You don't serve the 103rd Street station, but it's not too far from the 111th Street station.

Flatbush is finally getting rid of the bus lane posters in the back of our NGs...

Yeah, most were either peeling off or the panels were 'mismatched'. I never understood why they were up on the FB NGs when the B44 SBS is still going to take a while to be developed. Were the NGs in the Bronx in Manhattan wrapped with the SBS ads?

That probably got worked on lmao. I remember a friend of mine having it on the S91 LTD before it went up there and that bus could barely go up Victory Blvd and them hills, we got shown up by some Orion Vs!

Fixed up Yukon or FB? If at Yukon, then I guess there's some hope for them. If at FB, I wouldn't be surprised as there's only so long they can put up with a shoddy bus, even if it's on loan.