BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5883 on the M103 has a broken back sign.

That depot should really be ashamed of themselves. I used those lines Sunday and yesterday to get to and from the BxM1 and I waited last night until I got a new bus since the old ones are so filthy and gross and I don't sit on those and I wanted to sit since I had bags and such from Whole Foods. The bus I got on looked like it hasn't been even touched, not even a sweeping. It wasn't filthy to the point of being crazy dirty since it is new, but could certainly use a little sweeping.

That depot should really be ashamed of themselves. I used those lines Sunday and yesterday to get to and from the BxM1 and I waited last night until I got a new bus since the old ones are so filthy and gross and I don't sit on those and I wanted to sit since I had bags and such from Whole Foods. The bus I got on looked like it hasn't been even touched, not even a sweeping. It wasn't filthy to the point of being crazy dirty since it is new, but could certainly use a little sweeping.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. The Luminator Titans don't perform well in my opinion. They have problems across all these buses.

5883 has been broken for a while now. I saw it on the M101 a while back.

talking about RMAO (Roasting My Ass Off), I took the Q53 from Liberty Av to Queens Center, the bus was Orion V #102 with NO AC. Even worse, the vents were stuck and the windows wouldn't open. and to make things farther worse, the back door kept getting stuck. Im sorry Orion fans, but these buses really need to go!

I dunno if its me or I dunno whats going on with the bunching on the B47.

The bunching of buses are getting worse.. Looks like these operators out of Grand Avenue sure don't stick to the scheduling on that line.

When it was at FB it wasn't as bad as it is NOW at Grand Ave.

I REALLY think that the line needs to get screamlined OR a depot move back to FB.

4 buses heading to Kings Plaza is totally unacceptable during rush hour.

For every 4 B17's heading to canarsie, you will see 1 B47, than another 3 flying down.

Edited by Future ENY OP

Bee line made them work all these years. Had it been a depot that gave a damn about their buses, I think those O5s would've been much better than the ex-GL 5900s. Now all the O5 diesel buses under MTA Bus are POS.

I agree. Those Ex bees were really good buses before they went to MTA Bus....

So today I saw tons of bus bunching along 5th Avenue this afternoon and even on the Bx31. For some odd reason 296 saw the need not to stick to it's route. I'm on 7780 which was right behind it and when the bus got to the light at Allerton I see 296 turning onto Eastchester from Allerton and then proceeds to skip the stop there when riders were waiting. How on earth did a Bx31 bus get on to Allerton Avenue when it's route is along Eastchester Road and no portion of Eastchester Road was blocked off?

By the way 296 was in service.

Wow, that is crazy! I would have thought that with the take over the TA would have absorbed the property as well.

Yeah that's what I first thought during the take over. Blitz is spot on with the answer though. The (MTA) bought Spring Creek and Yonkers.

Youngblaze, bro let me ask you a question. I know you work out of KB. KB has a bunch of D60's. My question: I remember when sometimes I ride on a D60, I hear a slight high-pitched "ping" sound. I've noticed that the sound seems to come from the front of the bus. I would usually hear it when ever I was sitting in the "rap seat". What exactly is that sound? The sound is not always made though. I've only heard that sound on the D60's.... I've always wondered what that sound was...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

6671 just took out the back of a car in Midtown, didn't see any damage to the bus but the car lost a nice sized chunk of the rear. Not absolutely sure whose fault it was, may have actually been the b/o as he was trying to get around a stopped car in an intersection and by the looks of it he hit the gas too soon while turning and that caused the crash. Bit of a scene, all the tourists taking pictures.

In other news, 3840 is a piece of junk.

6671 just took out the back of a car in Midtown, didn't see any damage to the bus but the car lost a nice sized chunk of the rear. Not absolutely sure whose fault it was, may have actually been the b/o as he was trying to get around a stopped car in an intersection and by the looks of it he hit the gas too soon while turning and that caused the crash. Bit of a scene, all the tourists taking pictures.

Well of course 3840 is a piece of junk... That was a Castleton original...

As for the scene, you should've been there when two yellow taxis had an accident...

Hmmm I have no clue about what sound your talkinng about. Any sound clips?

No sorry I don't have any sound clips... That "pinging" sound tends to go "ping" about every three seconds then pause then starts again. Something like this: Ping-pause-ping-pause-ping. You can hear it much better when the A/C is off. That sound is pretty quiet. Sometimes it stops for about five minutes then it starts again... Like I said before, I've only heard that sound on a D60.

Today coming home I was happy i caught a New Flyer #569 but i was mad because them dumb people broke the chord's on both sides :angry:

This bus just got delivered about 2 or three weeks ago and the chord is already broken. The MTA for now on really needs to stick with the buttons and tape. That's why in New York we can't have nice things because people think that the bus is a huge dumpster and dump stuff on the floor <_<

how is 3840 a piece of junk?

Today coming home I was happy i caught a New Flyer #569 but i was mad because them dumb people broke the chord's on both sides :angry:

This bus just got delivered about 2 or three weeks ago and the chord is already broken. The MTA for now on really needs to stick with the buttons and tape. That's why in New York we can't have nice things because people think that the bus is a huge dumpster and dump stuff on the floor <_<

WOW! i think its something with these new buses...people see that all these new buses are coming and wanna do something to them...on pg 85 of this tread i have a list of the castleton BTE buses that chords broke...and etc...with LFS and all...i really hope the MTA doesnt fix them...and if people complain then they can kiss the MTA. You dont get new stuff and break it...and expect to get it fixed and it to stay new. NO! And i really think the "Please exit through the rear door" announcement to continue to say "Please exit through the rear door......Please wait for green light, before opening doors" and under the pull cords should be a sticker saying "pull cord lightly". and have announcements that run along the bus often saying "please be considerate and pull cords lightly"

No sorry I don't have any sound clips... That "pinging" sound tends to go "ping" about every three seconds then pause then starts again. Something like this: Ping-pause-ping-pause-ping. You can hear it much better when the A/C is off. That sound is pretty quiet. Sometimes it stops for about five minutes then it starts again... Like I said before, I've only heard that sound on a D60.

Maybe you're making reference to the turn signal indicators.

I'll keep stating this because it is true: "this is why we can't have nice things". Damn ppl and f'ing things up for the rest of us....

Don't always blame the passengers.. The B/Os can dirty up the buses too... I see cigarette butts on some SI express buses and they obviously aren't from the passengers. The B/Os in some cases don't have respect for the buses either which further complicates things.

Don't always blame the passengers.. The B/Os can dirty up the buses too... I see cigarette butts on some SI express buses and they obviously aren't from the passengers. The B/Os in some cases don't have respect for the buses either which further complicates things.

well yeah...BUT im pretty sure they wouldnt break up the bus...cigarettes ok thats not good but i'll deal with seeing that.... then seeing broken parts on a bus from people