BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I someone remind me why those ex bee-line O5's still use allows and haven't been converted to use the standard stocked MTA steel wheel...

Well, something like half got the MTA wheels since almost all of the LGA buses have MTA steel wheels, it's just the BP buses and a couple strays (108 comes to mind) that kept the Alcoas. Have no idea why, honestly.

Edited by MHV9218

My random thoughts for the day... Local bus service on Madison Avenue has been ATROCIOUS of late... Waited for I don't know how long for one bus to come over by the Kids R Us store by Union Square... No M2, no M3... Finally an M1 came which everyone piled onto. The zenith of the trip was when some stinking douchebag got on with all of these black bags and then comes and sits near me. At first I thought maybe he was a bum and immediately moved over. Must've been Indian or Middle Eastern (Pakistani or something) but God did his underarms STINK!!

A white guy got on and sat across from him and it was evident that he made a big mistake. Both of us kept on holding our nose and eventually the white guy moved near me once the seat became available. I was thinking Jesus Christ, don't these folks know what deodorant is?? I mean really in this day and age there is no excuse. I don't want to hear that nonsense about cultural differences either. We shower and use deodorant here in the good old U S of A. <_<

I mean some folks like using natural deodorant which doesn't hold you as long but doesn't leave all of those chemicals under your arms. I use natural deodorant also, and I also have a stick of deodorant in my office in case I need it for back up. Same thing when I'm out on the weekends for long periods of time... Unbelievable...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

This whole relieving yourself in the back of the bus thing is legitimately disgusting. Remind me to avoid the back of LGA RTSes. Two ops I just saw doing it, blatantly too. I understand bathrooms may be hard to find but that's just nasty. Wonder how well these types fare with the clear back doors on the new buses...

This whole relieving yourself in the back of the bus thing is legitimately disgusting. Remind me to avoid the back of LGA RTSes. Two ops I just saw doing it, blatantly too. I understand bathrooms may be hard to find but that's just nasty. Wonder how well these types fare with the clear back doors on the new buses...

LOL... Bathrooms may be hard to find... Uh they do exist... When I did runs with my uncle we used the bathroom...

smh... it's one thing about bad maintenance, but b/os taking a piss in the bus? Someone needs to clean house over there. Replace workers from the bottom up. Was this crap done during the TBC days?

Drivers piss on the bus in Flatbush too, I remember riding a brand new NG on the B41 back then and the stairwell area smelled like pea.

LGA does have its fair share of issues but yall cannot pin this whole "B/O pissing on the bus" on them.

I would say B/Os from all depots do it. Except for the MCIs as there's no backdoor to do this, if you piss in the front stairway the B/O would have to deal with smelling the piss. And the whiny, annoying people that use express buses.

So might as well avoid riding the back of all RTSs, as I'm pretty sure they all been pissed in many times over the years.

Edited by trainfan22

smh... it's one thing about bad maintenance, but b/os taking a piss in the bus? Someone needs to clean house over there. Replace workers from the bottom up. Was this crap done during the TBC days?

lol... This has been going on for many years. My uncle put me on to the deal when I used to go out on runs with him. This was back when the old 100 Street Depot was open. Now and days there are more places to go, but back in the day not as many. I think on his run I used the bathroom down by the Village by that brown looking building near the bus stop (he did the M101, M102 lines usually) and then going up town I ran into Mother Clara Hale Depot and used that after a M102 run to Harlem, back when Harlem had all of the burned out buildings and such :ph34r:. Sometimes they didn't have other options, but at least some of them go in cups rather than piss all over the back steps. I don't think it happens as often now though, especially with the low floor buses... A little more difficult to hide now, but every now and then I wonder when I get on a Manhattanville bus... I would like to believe that it is the AC that smells like piss which is possible and not some B/O relieving himself by the door. <_<

Why is everyone shitting on Manhattanville? i use Manhattanville buses every day and they smell fine, even tough I usually sit in the back. Also i'm pretty sure the cup practice is used alot more frequently now.

ok, i stand corrected about the drivers doing that in certain places. I can only hope that with how some buses have cameras, this disgusting behavior is curbed. If they can't wait to get to the depot, then find an alley or something, don't friggin piss in the bus!

Besides, there are more female drivers these days and I don't think they can just go on the bus. I think the male B/Os that do it just do it because they're nasty. I'm sure it isn't an (MTA) policy or anything, but some would probably say that they do what they have to under the circumstances.

I was thinking on whether or not to transfer to the S46, and I decided to stay on the bus, and whaddaya know? Both an S46 and an S96 were waiting at the stop. Man, I wish I had vision that allowed me to see through buildings.

As I was walking, I saw an S46 and S96 pass, so either those buses were really slow, or there were some bad bunching problems (4 buses within minutes of each other). I hope it was the first one.

From what I heard yesterday while riding with my friend on the x17A, the NG swap between Yukon & Flatbush is due to cameras to be installed on the Yukon buses which I think coincides with the recent article on cracking down on farebeaters on the Island. There hasnt been anything new about this NG warranty issue from what I was told.

Am currently on the M102 heading downtown from 116 and Lenox (bus 5411 for those of you wondering). When the driver got to 116th and Lexington(4:05pm), he makes an announce that he has to use the bathroom. He than proceeds to shut off the bus (full of passengers btw) and runs into a store to use the bathroom. He returns 5 minutes later and is now trying to fly down Lexington which we all know will be impossible with the traffic this time of day...I wasn't even mad, it just reminded me of how glad I am that i chose maintenance and not transportation.

Am currently on the M102 heading downtown from 116 and Lenox (bus 5411 for those of you wondering). When the driver got to 116th and Lexington(4:05pm), he makes an announce that he has to use the bathroom. He than proceeds to shut off the bus (full of passengers btw) and runs into a store to use the bathroom. He returns 5 minutes later and is now trying to fly down Lexington which we all know will be impossible with the traffic this time of day...I wasn't even mad, it just reminded me of how glad I am that i chose maintenance and not transportation.

LOL... That has happened on the express bus (the X14 in particular)... This one driver.... A bit of a nut job... He would just stop the bus at say McDonald's there on Water Street since there was a stop there and then get off and run there and leave us sitting there with no announcement or anything. lol Part of it was using the bathroom and part of it was him trying to kill time.

On a side note, here is something that I've been complaining about that has apparently been enacted:

MTA Service Info

Delays Posted: 06/08/2012 3:48PM

Local and Express Bronx buses running with delays, due to heavy traffic on the George Washington Bridge and Cross Bronx Expressway. The following bus routes are affected:

Express Routes - BxM2, BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BXM9, BXM10, BxM11, BxM18 and Q50.

Local Routes - Bx9, Bx12, Bx12SBS, Bx22, Bx41, and Bx55.

Please allow additional travel time.

Longggg overdue...

Yeah, so the partition saga continues onto our 9600s and hybrids at Flatbush. Smh

I was the first operator with it today for the RTS installation - 9694. It's a complete different build.

I have photos to follow up when I get a chance.

If I remember correctly, there's another builder for the partitions now trying out for both New Jersey Transit and MTA NYC Transit.