Subway car oddity

lilbluefoxie

yea but normally 32s are in sets of 8 becasue they are mostly on the (C) so theyd have to get two of them to to stick on to make a 10 car set.

They have more than 50 spare R32's, so it's pretty easy to make a 10-car set.

About two weeks ago there was an accident in 207th Yard and a 32 was put on the (A) and it ran about 2-3 roundtrips and later returned to service for the PM rush to Lefferts Blvd.

Then the other day idk why there was a R-32 (A) put-in but I saw it at Dyckman and it ran to Lefferts and was taken to Pitkin cut 2 cars and turned into this:

DSCI0349.jpg

They Need to Put the R32"s Back on the (A), The R46's are Dying like crazy, Oh I forgot, The (A) Needs Newer Equipment, But the TA doesn't care, oh well everyday an R46 brakedown, They need to learn that the R46's ran like crazy when all of them were at jamaica and they have alot of mileage, Like I stated before the TA should put the oldest equipment on the less used lines, the (:(/ (C) would be a good lines for them

I recall seeing one a few months back on the (A). It was at Jay St, ALL the rollsigns said (A) 207 St-Lefferts. I thought it was at the 10 car marker tho I couldn't see. I couldn't count the # of car either, and the rear flipdot said (C).

But if that was a (C) then why would all the rollsigns say (A)?

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

...Like I stated before the TA should put the oldest equipment on the less used lines, the (:(/ (C) would be a good lines for them

Why split them up when they're all maintained at 1 centralized place?

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think he means place the R32s at CI as well and have it for the (:((C).. But, i wouldn't do that as there isn't enough R32s to be on the (:P/©..

And whats the difference anyways.......................

They Need to Put the R32"s Back on the (A), The R46's are Dying like crazy, Oh I forgot, The (A) Needs Newer Equipment, But the TA doesn't care, oh well everyday an R46 brakedown, They need to learn that the R46's ran like crazy when all of them were at jamaica and they have alot of mileage, Like I stated before the TA should put the oldest equipment on the less used lines, the (:(/ (C) would be a good lines for them

TA doesn't care? You gotta be kidding me. For the millionth time: newer equipment CAN'T run on the (A). The R160's are causing electrical problems in the Rockaways. They've tested that multiple times so they do care about the (A). But it's just not possible. Maybe the upcoming R179's don't 'causethe problems.

The R160's are causing electrical problems in the Rockaways. They've tested that multiple times so they do care about the (A). But it's just not possible. Maybe the upcoming R179's don't 'causethe problems.

The R-160's is not causing power problems in the Rockaways....that power from the 3rd rail comes from Long Island not Queens!

TA doesn't care? You gotta be kidding me. For the millionth time: newer equipment CAN'T run on the (A). The R160's are causing electrical problems in the Rockaways. They've tested that multiple times so they do care about the (A). But it's just not possible. Maybe the upcoming R179's don't 'cause the problems.

you act like you know everything... and in the process make yourself look like a fool...plus you are still relatively new, so perhaps you should give other people the benefit of the doubt before bashing them... and in the process making yourself look like a fool...

I was Talking About the R46's, Not the R32's, They can stay on the (C) or take all and put them on the (B)

TA doesn't care? You gotta be kidding me. For the millionth time: newer equipment CAN'T run on the (A). The R160's are causing electrical problems in the Rockaways. They've tested that multiple times so they do care about the (A). But it's just not possible. Maybe the upcoming R179's don't 'causethe problems.

Hey Fool, Its Political Bullshit, and I wasn't talking about the R160's anyway, I was talking about the R68's, since they are not as old as the R46's and PS if the TA did care you would have seen something different on the (A) today, Queens Blvd lines and Coney Island always get first grabs on New Equipment and that's been going on for over 40 years

Wasn't the A Train at one time the 'premier' line of the NYCTA? I remember when the R-10's came out, the first 'new' trains purchased by the TA, were primarily assigned to that line.

And how many other lines have a hit song about them?B)

Archived