New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ur asking about the test buses spotted, I have no idea. If ur asking about the deliveries in general, I can tell you the buses are delivered from Minnesota by a 3rd party drive away company, the buses are delivered to another 3rd party contractor at JFK who gets the buses ready for delivery to the depots.

About an hour ago, I saw either 296 or 298 as a training bus on Staten Island. It pulled up at Broadway and Forest avenue and made a right on Forest. Than my bus passed it. Any reason why that could be?

In Staten Island???? That doesn't even sound right....

Are they ever planning to repaint 230 with the front stripe.

Nope. I think 185 will remain stripeless as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Then why the hell was 986 signed up as TRAINING BUS in Staten island in the vicinity of Castleton Depot? That is confusing me to death. You can't confuse a C40LF with any other model on SI because you don't see it there.

Oh well all I care about concerning this topic is I hope the 2nd batch of C40LF's get delivered tommorow. It's ashame how the MTA really screwed up the Orion's by not cleaning them. The seats look like they haven't been washed and lots of those buses have leaking water problems.

Those at JFK (that came in the last couple of days) I did see go down the Indiana Toll Road/Ohio Turnpike over the weekend. Not to mention a couple have been sighted outside of Chicago (staying at one of our lovely hotels).

Nonetheless, I am quite pleased and very excited that you guys are getting some fine buses in MTA livery. Cheers!

They look good i wonder why the MTA is stilling hesitating the deliver them to CP. I got mad when I got on 9932 it was in fair condition a couple of weeks ago. The bus is dirty the seats are messed up, the poles in the bus except the top are gone and today the AC barely blew out any air :o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived