New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really hope they swap Spring Creek & Jackie Gleason's batch!

Meaning SC 30 batch comes before the 171 CNGs that JG will get.

I doubt the old C40s at JG are worst than the V CNGs in SC, SC uses those V CNGs seven days a week, and they are older as well.

I don't see it happening. Looks like everything will go as planned on this order unless something dramatic happens. This is the MTA we are talking.

Only order that MAY see changing is the artic order as now Casey Stengel has now entered the mix. It can have a possible effect on 100th Street, Flatbush and 126th. I just hope everything stays the same just for the meantime.

It can all depend what Stengel would need for Q44 and Q12 the mentions to have artics from what I'm reading.

I was shocked to see 4 C40LF's bunched on the Bx11 yesterday, these buses are becoming easier to find and more predictable especially in the morning.

btw, I saw 290 and 293 this evening with the front destination sign off but the side ones working. I haven't seen these two buses before so I'm assuming its brand new. Anyone knows what may be a cause the front destination sign being turned off?

I was shocked to see 4 C40LF's bunched on the Bx11 yesterday, these buses are becoming easier to find and more predictable especially in the morning.

btw, I saw 290 and 293 this evening with the front destination sign off but the side ones working. I haven't seen these two buses before so I'm assuming its brand new. Anyone knows what may be a cause the front destination sign being turned off?

it must have been a test, or they didnt have them on rite. was it in service?

Teething issues probably. It's been happening to a lot of these buses. It's minor though. On the first day of service at CP, 203 was O/S for its destination sign but it was fixed within a couple of hours.

NFI_213.jpg

Teething issues probably. It's been happening to a lot of these buses. It's minor though. On the first day of service at CP, 203 was O/S for its destination sign but it was fixed within a couple of hours.

NFI_213.jpg

No it's definitely not a teething problem. It's a Luminator problem. There are quite a few agencies around the country with new Luminators that are inoperable. NFI has also been having some electrical/multiplexing issues.

303 was delivered to JFK this morning (err, yesterday considering it's almost 3am) along with 308 later in the afternoon along with about 6 others earlier this week. Some more on the road as we speak and should be there later this week.
wow that is fast alot of them are coming in, do you know the other bus numbers other than 303

how many are we gettin in all after the hole order is done. i know we are getting 54 now rite

That's all West Farms is getting...right after they get all of theirs, the order jumps righ back to Gleason for 171 more buses, then Spring Creek, then College Point finishes out the order

You mean JG, not JFK.

I don't know what that means lol B) all I know is it was building 141 JFK airport. Another bus should be delivered today if it hasn't arrived already this morning, sorry I don't know the number. I'm told more buses going to NY probably won't be released from the factory until Monday, so expect more coming in wed or thur.

All of you might also like to know that New Flyer built and the contracted drivers are busy this weekend/early next week delivering 11 new CNG buses to Santa Cruz, CA. An exciting time for New Flyer, those who deliver the buses, and bus fans.

I don't know what that means lol B) all I know is it was building 141 JFK airport. Another bus should be delivered today if it hasn't arrived already this morning, sorry I don't know the number. I'm told more buses going to NY probably won't be released from the factory until Monday, so expect more coming in wed or thur.

All of you might also like to know that New Flyer built and the contracted drivers are busy this weekend/early next week delivering 11 new CNG buses to Santa Cruz, CA. An exciting time for New Flyer, those who deliver the buses, and bus fans.

Lmao! I was all messed up today. The JFK Service Center @ the Port Authority facility.

@aemoreira - Yeah thats right. I dont keep track of the numbers, and my memory is horrible.

Archived