New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

i dont see them at all anymore, they dont have them on the Bx36 Bx17 Bx15 so i guess they have them on lines that i never use at all like the Bx32 are they going to have them at all on the Bx36 again lol i guess if they are moving the around than we will see them again on the other lines and when more come in, how many of them, do they have at WF now do anyone know? last time it was like 5 or somthing

They are likely training some drivers, since 230 went to Gleason.

Your BEST chance of catching it would be on the Bx11, Bx35 or Bx36. Bx21 as well.

Try PM rush around 181st Street. The LFSA was also on the Bx36 around 3:45PM at Boston and 179th St.

The Bx19 and Bx15, you won't see them anytime soon, especially since artics are invading them with SOME 40 footers. Unless its late nights.

Bx8 / Bx31 / Bx32 / Bx33, not yet. Unless someone has seen it.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are likely training some drivers, since 230 went to Gleason.

Your BEST chance of catching it would be on the Bx11, Bx35 or Bx36. Bx21 as well.

Try PM rush around 181st Street. The LFSA was also on the Bx36 around 3:45PM at Boston and 179th St.

The Bx19 and Bx15, you won't see them anytime soon, especially since artics are invading them with SOME 40 footers. Unless its late nights.

Bx8 / Bx31 / Bx32 / Bx33, not yet. Unless someone has seen it.

I doubt they would be training drivers, that 230 was at West Farms for a hell of a long time (IIRC for a few months). They dont really need to train operators with them especially since they had C40LFs from Gleason at West Farms as well.

I've seen them on the Bx31 and a friend of mine shot one on the Bx31, they are starting to become a lil more noticeable on the line.

Shot seen here

1000130ii.jpg

One of the hawks on the B8 always has a old one, he had one this morning. To date I never seen this guy with a new C40LF and I ride this hawk (I ride his last trip of the day in the AM rush) quite often.

Oh, yeah... I know him - that's run 001, right? He refuses the new buses. Let's just keep it at that. :-)

Wow, small world! but Yea, its run 001 lol. I guess when the second batch of new C40LF comes he always gonna have a VII CNG then.
i dont understand them older drivers, i was on a RTS the other day and the driver said he doesnt care if it falls apart wile he is driving he wont take the new LFSas or the C40fls because he cant stand the new ones, funny the RTS are more work and are so small, some wont bring out the orions vs out either smh

I caught the B9 this morning on the way to work, and luckily a new C40 was approaching - #236. It was different riding these buses, and listening to the "Touch the tape to open doors". lol The seating arrangement seems just right this time opposed to the older models, which can handle large crowds. And the interior lightning is pretty sweet.

Well granted I usually go out on weekends, but so far this month I've seen at least almost one each day on the B9. Last week I forgot which line it was B35? Whatever one it was, it was right across the street from the costcos. It arrived just as I was leaving the area, so no pic or confirmation of the line. But this is really neat seeing the new buses on JG routes for a change.

Supposedly, West Farms has not received a single C40LF in a week. I heard they were to be brought from the JFK lot at a rate of two per day.

A bus operator told me he had only driven one and it was 274 last Monday on both the Bx8 and Bx31

thay have a few more i was on 274 yesterday it was on the Bx17 late lastnite nice did they say why they didnt get anymore in a wile

as you can tell by my handle i like the Bx36 and i also live on it. I have seen everything there is to see out of West Farms on the Bx36. some specific runs to look for are 134 and the first run on the Bx36 for the LFSA's look for 129 and 139 they always have an artic i have seen 266,267,272,273,274,282,284,286,289,and 291,292

as you can tell by my handle i like the Bx36 and i also live on it. I have seen everything there is to see out of West Farms on the Bx36. some specific runs to look for are 134 and the first run on the Bx36 for the LFSA's look for 129 and 139 they always have an artic i have seen 266,267,272,273,274,282,284,286,289,and 291,292
its funny im on the Bx17 and Bx36 line too, im on 181st and crotona ave so i see it too i see alot of buses now on the 17 and 36 the 17 is running 286 and 273 alot and 5890 in the afternoon

Archived