New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

IIRC, the only RTS' to be delivered by flatbed were the non-diesel, and hybrid buses. All the rest were either driven from Detroit or Roswell

I don't know how many other diesels (RTS or others) have been delivered to NYCTA by flatbed. This photo (by J.C. Rebis, Jr.) of #9097 appeared in the Fall 1996 (Vol 19, No. 1) issue of Bus World magazine.

Sorry about the crappy quality. I was too lazy to scan the page:-).

DSC00449.jpg

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ Awesome! Crazy as that bus probably doesn't even exist anymore. If it does, its probably being picked clean @ ECH. I live along the B6 and most of the buses between 9090 - 9110 stayed in UP their entire life's. I cannot recall seeing this bus in recent memory, it might have retired before the LFS's came!

IDK if it was mentioned, but the Designlines were delivered by truck to/from North Carolina as the power train on those buses wasn't designed for the highway.

WF will have a good amount of buses. They have the New LFSA's, C40's, Orion 7 CNG, and the D60's. I thought the arrival of their C40LF batch was to displace the old RTS, Orion V's or whatever older buses they have.
thats the thing they have alot of the CNGs out in long island and most havent come back yet, so when they do that would help out but they still have alot of then RTSs here and they are giving the fight up a long time ago lol

^^^ Awesome! Crazy as that bus probably doesn't even exist anymore. If it does, its probably being picked clean @ ECH. I live along the B6 and most of the buses between 9090 - 9110 stayed in UP their entire life's. I cannot recall seeing this bus in recent memory, it might have retired before the LFS's came!

IDK if it was mentioned, but the Designlines were delivered by truck to/from North Carolina as the power train on those buses wasn't designed for the highway.

9070's were at ulmer park too i believe correct me if im wrong , the 9080's were all at ulmer park . 9106 was a good one that one held all the way back like 8884 in all gears and it was ungovern .

9070's were at ulmer park too i believe correct me if im wrong , the 9080's were all at ulmer park . 9106 was a good one that one held all the way back like 8884 in all gears and it was ungovern .

Yep, 9074 - 9110 are UP originals, 9074 - 9089 went to FLA when UP got the ZF RTSs and most of them stayed except for 9085 - 9089, which came back to UP.

Most of the buses between 9090 - 9110 stayed at UP their entire life's, exception of 9107 which went to LGA.

It is so weird seeing new C40LF's on 125th Street. I absolutely love it! Those buses are the truth!!! They are so quiet too!:cool:
As an Orion fan,im giving this one to new flyer.I ride the C40LF out of CP Depot and the technical soundness and ride is beyond amazing.Big step forward from those god awful DHF60 Artics.

Welcome back New Flyer.

so WF isnt going to get anymore? other than the 54 they are getting now? i guess we will see what they do with the next ones, i hope they send a few more to WF because they need to get rid of them old RTSs and that would leave them with mostly new buses.

Not only that, but I wonder if they are getting shortchanged. 315 is now at Gleason, and WF's order was supposed to go to 319.

Not only that, but I wonder if they are getting shortchanged. 315 is now at Gleason, and WF's order was supposed to go to 319.
i would love to know whats going on with that too, they have so many of them old buses. and yea they had the most buses i hope they give them some more soon

Probably just a temporary thing...Gleason is short a bunch of buses

...Either that, or they said screw WF and give Gleason 4 extra buses

They're saying that 297 was pwned in some accident. So you'll never see a C40LF numbered 297.

I'd love to know who is saying that and what they are saying? Considering that someone posted on wikipedia it was "totaled" and "retired."

It'll be here eventually.

It should have been there already... From what I've heard it should have been released from the repair shop last week to continue it's journey. I'm guessing there was a hickup in that plan?

In reply to the JG batch starting at 315, while WF still have RTSs & V CNGs in service...

Its possible maybe JG will give back some OG CNGs to WF to replace whatever RTSs or V CNGs that are still there.

rite now they have 37 C40s i hope they do go to the 54 amount bc we need them more than any other depot they have only a few RTs left now it shows they onlu have like 6 i believe, we should get alot of them C40s because WF is one of the only depots that havent had any new buses since 04 now we have the LFSAs and the C40s but to cover all them lines is nuts

Archived