New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C40LF 800 is still in service, seen it on the B8 this evening.

What crazy is that the bus looks like it was recently repainted (Still with black back)... Future Museum bus perhaps?

Repainted? You sure? Saw it a few weeks ago and it looked clean with the blackback, can't imagine they'd repaint it now. Did it have ads?

Repainted? You sure? Saw it a few weeks ago and it looked clean with the blackback, can't imagine they'd repaint it now. Did it have ads?

It "looked" repainted. Yes, it did have ads but the bus looked "fresher" most of the other old C40s. I was kinda like shocked of how good the bus looked, it looked average when I rode it home a couple of months ago.

The buses are fueled at Newark airport then make their way to JFK airport. Some drivers take the GWB/Whitestone /678 others take the Verizono/Gothals/278, some drivers take surface streets. It just depends on the driver and traffic conditions....

I thought it was 90 extra buses split of the CNG depots except JG.

If I was in charge I would do this SC 45

WF- 20 and CP 25 and then CP get all the Orion 3G so they won't be all scattered.

The O7 3G CNG order is all for MTA Bus...IINM, it's 30 for Spring Creek and 44 for College Point to retire the remaining O5 CNGs.

I thought it was 90 extra buses split of the CNG depots except JG.

If I was in charge I would do this SC 45

WF- 20 and CP 25 and then CP get all the Orion 3G so they won't be all scattered.

West Farms only got 54 because that is all they need; the remaining O5s will disappear when the rehab of the ZF O7s is complete.

Now, there may be a question of replacing all of Spring Creek's non-C40LF fleet (34 buses - 12 O5 CNGs) and CP's O5s (60). I would not be surprised if it got changed and all 74 O7 3G CNGs got sent to College Point and then 521-532 got sent to Spring Creek to retire the O5s there. Then the 22 hybrids at Spring Creek can remain for now.

Too bad this option couldn't be for LFR's lol..

I've been wondering this myself. Why coax New Flyer into bringing back a retired model instead of just going with the re-styled new model instead? I'm sure the C40LFR is just a regular LF with a nose and behind...what's the deal with that???

I've been wondering this myself. Why coax New Flyer into bringing back a retired model instead of just going with the re-styled new model instead? I'm sure the C40LFR is just a regular LF with a nose and behind...what's the deal with that???

Parts maintenance---and there should still be 40LF (old face) kits remaining. You can maintain the new buses with parts from the old buses.

Archived