New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i meant i dont see that alot in the bronx im shocked that they got to that bus i saw it the other day on the Bx 32 and it was slean so i wouldnt say WF is doing bad at all they are keeping it all clean so far

What day did you see this clean? I saw this tagged up Friday.

you probably saw 528 being that I think it's the only 5xx's at CP. 48 more to come.

Don't you mean 49 more are coming because what about 185? CP has the last order for the New Flyers C40's or is it coming after JG's since they are being built last

Wow its been a long time since I seen a bus tagged like that

My only question is why did the MTA changed the seating I like the seating that is on the older C40's. The newer ones get filled up faster and since people take up the whole seat and don't move to the back the buses passes the stop and I have to wait even longer.

Spotted a 500 series running tonight on the Q65 not too long ago...

That probably means there are a lot more; there were a whole heap awaiting release for service.

560's are being delivered to jfk airport this week, more to come next week. I wouldn't be surprised if it included some 570's def some high 560's though... 570's go to a different depot than CP right? So who knows the numbers being delivered could be switched up. I have no idea what the delivery schedule is.

560's are being delivered to jfk airport this week, more to come next week. I wouldn't be surprised if it included some 570's def some high 560's though... 570's go to a different depot than CP right? So who knows the numbers being delivered could be switched up. I have no idea what the delivery schedule is.

Actually, The C40 fleet ends at 569, following by the new Orion 3G CNG from 570-643. Four to be delivery at any day.

Are the Orion's delivered directly to the depots or are they delivered to a contractor who gets them ready for delivery like the NF's?

If it's anything like how the 7000s were delivered, they will go to the service center in NJ and drivers will pick them up from there.

Fact of the day: New Flyer's CNG tanks are certified through 2032 on all the new C40's!

How you like those apples?

Even if they are certified for 20 years, they are probably not gonna see it. You know MTA likes to axe buses between the 13 and 17 year mark

Jackie Gleason buses (320's) have started their journey to ny. They should be delivered to JFK airport tue, wed, thur... :)

Wow, the remaining buses in the 800 - 989 batch days are truly numbered. Those are the first ever "new" buses I remembered, first batch of buses to come to come and go in my lifetime...

Well, not really, some of the TMC RTSs batch came and went in my lifetime I just don't remember them brand new lol.

Does anybody know if there's any chance that some of the old C40s at JG will go to CP to kill off the remaining V CNGs until the 3G come?

Even if they are certified for 20 years, they are probably not gonna see it. You know MTA likes to axe buses between the 13 and 17 year mark

True

Wow, the remaining buses in the 800 - 989 batch days are truly numbered. Those are the first ever "new" buses I remembered, first batch of buses to come to come and go in my lifetime...

Well, not really, some of the TMC RTSs batch came and went in my lifetime I just don't remember them brand new lol.

Does anybody know if there's any chance that some of the old C40s at JG will go to CP to kill off the remaining V CNGs until the 3G come?

Last I heard some of the C40's are supposed to head over to CP. MTA's going to keep the buses in storage as part of the reserve fleet.

True

Last I heard some of the C40's are supposed to head over to CP. MTA's going to keep the buses in storage as part of the reserve fleet.

Some of the 2000's New Flyer's right. How many buses is CP suppose to have altogether. One time they had over 200 Orion's so I'm guessing they need about that much because it's crazy how buses are taking more than 20 minutes to show up during rush hour.

And are all the Orion V CNG's from CP going to be retired by the Summer or are they going to keep one's like 9871, 9923, 9878 around that got repainted?

Archived