New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

rite now they have 37 C40s i hope they do go to the 54 amount bc we need them more than any other depot they have only a few RTs left now it shows they onlu have like 6 i believe, we should get alot of them C40s because WF is one of the only depots that havent had any new buses since 04 now we have the LFSAs and the C40s but to cover all them lines is nuts

SC and ENY probably has a more dire need for new buses than WF IMO. Last time I checked the roster ENY has 63 1996 Novas in service.

And SC well, anyone that live along one of their local routes sees the mass amount of old CNGs that run on em...

I live along the B103 and I hardly see the hybrids anymore, its funny as a few weeks ago it was the opposite, SC is weird like that.

Its bittersweet as I am a V CNG foamer lol. But those buses are old, and the new C40s need to come to SC to retire them, as much as I hate to say it. :(

They could also send hand me down D60s other depots to kill off the remaining old buses, and have more Artics to use on the BX15 & 19.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're saying that 297 was pwned in some accident. So you'll never see a C40LF numbered 297.

I'd love to know who is saying that and what they are saying? Considering that someone posted on wikipedia it was "totaled" and "retired."

It should have been there already... From what I've heard it should have been released from the repair shop last week to continue it's journey. I'm guessing there was a hickup in that plan?

Don't know where that information came from, but it wasn't true. Did 297 get into an accident? Yes. Was it totaled? No. I saw it this evening on the Bx33.

Wasint there suppose to be a bus #185?? there arent any photos...but it shows that its suppose to be here? anyone know why its not here?

185 will be one of the last buses to be delivered. It's the bus being used to build the order. It's similar to how 8014 was the last bus in for the Allison LFS and 3960 for the Li-On NG Hybrids.

I noticed (actually weeks ago but always forgot to post it) that 186-236 have a 2-piece glass on the front doors while every other bus has a 1-piece glass. Why did they switch it up?

I'd love to know who is saying that and what they are saying? Considering that someone posted on wikipedia it was "totaled" and "retired."...

I think I have a hunch who it is

I noticed (actually weeks ago but always forgot to post it) that 186-236 have a 2-piece glass on the front doors while every other bus has a 1-piece glass. Why did they switch it up?

I'm wondering the same thing too, maybe it's cheaper that way?

BTW, I think Fresh Pond is talking about this (look at the front doors closely between the two buses)

New Flyer C40 numbered 203 on the Q16

FlushingC37.jpg

New Flyer C40 numbered 249 on the B9

320.jpg

College Point 185-229 (45) (April 2011-December 2011)

(Completed On Time)

Jackie Gleason 230-265 (36) (April 2011-January 2012)

(Completed On Time)

West Farms 266-319 (54) (January 2012-March 2012)

(In Process)

Jackie Gleason 320-490 (171) (May 2012-October 2012)

(*488 however, has been delivered, Not In Service Yet)

Spring Creek 491-520 (30) (February 2012-April 2012)

(In Process: 492, 497 and 499 has been delivered, Not In Service Yet)

College Point 521-569 (49) (May 2012)

College Point 185-229 (45) (April 2011-December 2011)

(Completed On Time)

Jackie Gleason 230-265 (36) (April 2011-January 2012)

(Completed On Time)

West Farms 266-319 (54) (January 2012-March 2012)

(In Process)

Jackie Gleason 320-490 (171) (May 2012-October 2012)

(*488 however, has been delivered, Not In Service Yet)

Spring Creek 491-520 (30) (February 2012-April 2012)

(In Process: 492, 497 and 499 has been delivered, Not In Service Yet)

College Point 521-569 (49) (May 2012)

is this the list final or do they have room to make any changes? I would hope they send a few more to WF, they need to fully replace them RTSs and og cngs. They are running them into the ground.

is this the list final or do they have room to make any changes? I would hope they send a few more to WF, they need to fully replace them RTSs and og cngs. They are running them into the ground.

The list is pretty final for now, however with anything MTA, things could change. There isn't many RTSs left at West Farms (4-5 most) and the Orion V/CNGs have been dwindling as well. They still have 6-7 more buses to receive.

The list is pretty final for now, however with anything MTA, things could change. There isn't many RTSs left at West Farms (4-5 most) and the Orion V/CNGs have been dwindling as well. They still have 6-7 more buses to receive.
yea I know they only have a few RTSs and the 98-99 cngs. What I was hoping is they get enough to push all of them older ones out and have mostly new Orion cngs and new flyers. I hope I never see another RTSs smh

Yeah. 187 and 237-569 up has the new doors, 185-186 and 188-229 are the old doors.

187 is a strange bus. It even says NYCT bus on the back and its @ CP :confused:. Maybe it was originally assigned to a different depot, or number change?

Archived