Whites Believe 'Reverse Racism' Is Costing Them Jobs

Shortline Bus

More Whites Believe 'Reverse Racism' Is Costing Them Jobs

By Lisa Johnson Mandell,

AOL News Columnist

May 24th 2011

"Whether you're in a minority or a majority, it seems that here in America we all feel discriminated against. A recent study conducted at a couple of very prestigious schools found that now whites believe they have replaced blacks as the primary victims of racial discrimination in America. This is mostly exhibited in the workplace, they say, but many believe it can be found in legal, social and educational situations as well.

The study, conducted by researchers at Tufts University's School of Arts and Sciences and Harvard Business School, shows that America has not achieved the "post-racial" society that some predicted in the wake of Barack Obama's election, according to the authors of the study.

At least whites and blacks agree on one thing: Both feel that anti-black racism has decreased over the last 60 years. However, whites believe that anti-white racism has increased and is now a bigger problem than anti-black racism."

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/05/24/more-caucasians-believe-reverse-racism-is-costing-them-jobs/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk2%7C65151

I hate the term "reverse racism" That is racist in its self. That makes the word "racism" seem to only apply to non-white people. Racism is Racism, it is what it is and all of those racial double standards keep racism in this society.

inb4flamewar

More Whites Believe 'Reverse Racism' Is Costing Them Jobs

By Lisa Johnson Mandell,

AOL News Columnist

May 24th 2011

"Whether you're in a minority or a majority, it seems that here in America we all feel discriminated against. A recent study conducted at a couple of very prestigious schools found that now whites believe they have replaced blacks as the primary victims of racial discrimination in America. This is mostly exhibited in the workplace, they say, but many believe it can be found in legal, social and educational situations as well.

The study, conducted by researchers at Tufts University's School of Arts and Sciences and Harvard Business School, shows that America has not achieved the "post-racial" society that some predicted in the wake of Barack Obama's election, according to the authors of the study.

At least whites and blacks agree on one thing: Both feel that anti-black racism has decreased over the last 60 years. However, whites believe that anti-white racism has increased and is now a bigger problem than anti-black racism."

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/05/24/more-caucasians-believe-reverse-racism-is-costing-them-jobs/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec3_lnk2%7C65151

This article is a joke. The white guy who was born in Park Slope will probably make it a lot farther in life than the black guy born in East New York.

This article is a joke. The white guy who was born in Park Slope will probably make it a lot farther in life than the black guy born in East New York.

don't put too much stock into this, fam....

this is nothin more than frustration that WCA (that's an acronym I made up for white corporate america) doesn't have as tight a grip on the stronghold on "the minority" anymore.... thank tourism (which yielded a direct result of) ---> gentrification, networking (of said ppl. comin here from various countries & settin up shop), etc., for that....

minorities have been shunned in the workplace since the formation of dirt.

....and of course obama's name is brought up, b/c he's ethnic... I suppose he's lettin all his boys (meaning, like complexioned folks) in the workforce, & we kickin the white man out on some revengeful vengeful tip, have the ppl. behind this supposed study, tell it....

Racism is alright if a white guy/girl is the victim.

The only girls i date is white and spanish. The white girls i dated I always got the crap from people. As long as the 2 people like or love each other then it doesnt bother you and ya learn to laugh it off. I dated one white girl from Staten Island and her dad doesnt like black people.

The only girls i date is white and spanish. The white girls i dated I always got the crap from people. As long as the 2 people like or love each other then it doesnt bother you and ya learn to laugh it off. I dated one white girl from Staten Island and her dad doesnt like black people.

Hey I always got crap from blacks because of my mixed background. Called me white boy and said I was brought up with a silver spoon and so forth, so I guess racism works both ways. Even today I get comments like "Yeah, stay white," to which I respond, don't worry, I will. LOL

What's next, reparations?

LMAO :eek:

As far as the whole reverse discrimination goes, I do think that it exists to a degree. Now and days it seems like jobs are being given to fill quotas, which is wrong. It's like every commercial you see with a group of people has to have a certain proportion of this and that to make it "right", which is just silly. Here in my office I've been here for over 4 years and we've had two black females work here in the office. Both of them were fired because they just couldn't multi-task, but for some reason I get the feeling that the extra effort is made to hire someone of color just to sort of fulfill a quota or even out the office since we really don't have many minorities here. Since we are a European based company, we have a lot of Europeans that are our clients and all of my co-workers are white. Most of the instructors that work in the language training department are white, Asian or Latino and of course I supervise my own department, but I've only worked with one Black translator in all of the translation projects that I've worked on and she was from Haiti. The thing is though I don't find many Black Americans to be multi-lingual since most just speak English, so naturally you wouldn't find many of them working in my industry. Linguistics just isn't a field that really interests them I guess, so why try to force something that isn't meant to be? I say the most qualified individual should be hired regardless of race or ethnicity.

?colored? eh? sounds like you post is a few decades behind schedule.

:P

"Colored" has generally been used to refer to Blacks, but now, it is used to refer to "Non-white" people in general, regardless of whether they are Black, Asian, Hispanic, or some other race.

"Colored" has generally been used to refer to Blacks, but now, it is used to refer to "Non-white" people in general, regardless of whether they are Black, Asian, Hispanic, or some other race.

LOL... The thing is today non-white people are not referred to as "Coloured" people, but rather "people of colour". "Coloured" is a term that has been used specifically for blacks.

LOL... The thing is today non-white people are not referred to as "Coloured" people, but rather "people of colour". "Coloured" is a term that has been used specifically for blacks.

I've heard the term "people of color" before, but I always assumed it meant the same thing as "colored people".

Come to think about it, I don't think I've really heard the term "colored people" in modern English.

Hey I always got crap from blacks because of my mixed background. Called me white boy and said I was brought up with a silver spoon and so forth, so I guess racism works both ways. Even today I get comments like "Yeah, stay white," to which I respond, don't worry, I will. LOL

Where did you grow up?

Racism is alright if a white guy/girl is the victim.

Racism is bad for every ethnicity period,Just because your black or colored doesn't make you exempt as a racist, there are black racist to. I remember when I was in High school, black kids would always call me''whitey'' because the way that I talk. you know the kids that always say the N word in there poor grammar an every sentence but white people can't say it.

Archived