Whats your favorite fast food resturant?

R188 7857

The White Castle in the Junction is closed now. :cry:

I miss the Wendy's @ the Junction area that was inside the Popeye's store, The heath dept closed it IIRC, Wendy's left, but the Popeye's stayed. I'm also bummed about the lack of fried chicken joints here in Flatbush, I mean the non Popeyes ones, there use to be one on Flatbush & Farraget but it was only opened for a few months and then closed. I like the Foster and Flatbush one next to be B8 stop, but I don't like to eat there though, I'm solely take out with that one. At times I like eat @ the restruant when I'm about to go somewhere rather go home and eat it or eat it on Transit.

There's one between Glenwood and Farraget on Nostrand but that little block is like beyond ghetto lol.

really? wondered what happened to that white castle @ the junction.....

b/o's would use their bathrooms like, all the time... lol

y'know, after all this time, I never realized there was a burger king around the junction.... If you're traveling SB on flatbush, it's on some small side street jusst before you hit nostrand.....

that chicken spot on foster/farragut is a hang out spot... lol... just like the one a little closer on my end, over on church/ocean.... I don't step foot in either one of em... you'd think you're in the middle of the projects w/ the way cats act in there.....

heh... nostrand b/w like newkirk & glenwood is ghettrified enough (that mcdonalds express over there by foster, don't even go in there!).... what makes it even more funny is that they got the nerve to rename the general area east of it as flatbush gardens; as "gardens" would have most people believe it's one of the more nicer neighborhoods in a city....

Crown Fried Chicken

Kennedy Fried Chicken

Go ahead. Ask me how I know ;)

Crown fried, Kennedy fried, Kansas fried, Royal fried, Mama's fried... s'all the same shit, fam...

In Vineland(553) I pass 3 Crown Fried Chicken joints all within 5 blocks. You can walk to each one. That whole strip is filled with fried chicken joints, chinese food, local pizza joints and all types of stores owned by indians/spanish/chinese/blacks.

Its like some random person took they named and added "fried chicken" to the end lol.

see post above....

and all them stores be owned by arabs.....

- the more black areas, the arabs themselves run the stores...

- the more hispanic areas, they hire hispanics b/c arabs (generally) don't speak the language.... there's other reasons as well....

arabs (and asians) are good for settin up shop in our neighborhoods b/c we're their biggest consumers... too busy givin our dollar to these cats, that's why we don't own anything !!!!

real talk.

Francis Lewis Blvd on the Q76 right next to what used to be my dads store called "Lucky Fish Market." Theres a bus stop right in front of it.

Theres a comic store, my dads store, a nail/spa, then its PIZZARAMA. On the Q28 it turns to F. Lewis theres a waldbouns and a DD you see a blue, red, and orange things on top of the stores. That big store next to those three is PIZZARAMA. Love their pizza.

Well, the Q28 is my home route so...

cool beans bro... thanks.

I remember walking over to a pizza store one day w/ that name, after I just missed a Q28 towards flushing... matter fact, what hit me is, I smelled it ! lol...

so instead of hittin up the burger king in Flushing (like I pretty much always do when I'm around there), I ate a couple slices from pizzarama there, on the next Q28 I ended up catching....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That White Castle closed down for good?!

I didnt know they got rid of the Wendys in that Wendys/Popeyes combo place. When my parents would go to/from Kings Plaza, that was a place where stopping by was warranted. I havent been there since like 1997 lol.

I knew about the Wendy's... I just aint know about the white castle...

that must have JUST happened, like as of this month....

No lie, there's a place called Obama Fried Cicken on Rutland Rd & Rockaway Pkwy

yeh, and they got a Obama beauty supply store over here on Utica b/w church & linden.... lol

Oooh, I think my dad and my brother saw you... I live in Bayside. Isn't that spot where you missed the Q28 next to the car wash?

yep, it was @ a car wash.... that was another reason I decided to walk around the immediate area; the smell of pine sickens me....

maybe you did see me fam, iono... I'm not hard to miss... lol

this was a couple months back, around march I believe.... at the time, I was wearin a spurs hoody w/ a black jansport (like I normally do when it's chilly outside)....

Favorite is definitely Subway. Not too bad for you.

Least Favorite; MciDees, KFC, Fried Chicken of the projects (Kennedy Fried Chicken)

McDonalds food doesnt taste good to me. Too much salt in their foods.

KFC. Their secret ingredient is definitely some artificial flavor enhancer. Plus ever since that rat infestatation they've always grossed me out. Are you kidding KFC, Rats on your food. What would Colonel think. Fried Chicken of the Projects is Kennedy Fried Chicken. Awful chicken.

You guys eat a 20pc nugget?!?!

The nutrition facts

Calories 1,000,000

Fat 2,000 g

Trans Fat <1,000 g AkA Enough to kill you

Sodium 999,999,999 Mg

No vitamins or minerals

Another thing of this and you'll die

Edited by jimmy7train

That White Castle closed down for good?!

I didnt know they got rid of the Wendys in that Wendys/Popeyes combo place. When my parents would go to/from Kings Plaza, that was a place where stopping by was warranted. I havent been there since like 1997 lol.

That sucks. 2 years ago, I tutored BMCC students who took Saturday classes at Brooklyn College. After work, I always enjoyed going to that White Castle. Then I would do my shopping at Target.

You have to admit that the smell of KFC when you drive or walk by makes it very tempting.....When was the last time you ate anything that was fried?

It's tempting until you bite into the chicken and realize it's tough and dry.

I knew about the Wendy's... I just aint know about the white castle...

that must have JUST happened, like as of this month....

yeh, and they got a Obama beauty supply store over here on Utica b/w church & linden.... lol

yep, it was @ a car wash.... that was another reason I decided to walk around the immediate area; the smell of pine sickens me....

maybe you did see me fam, iono... I'm not hard to miss... lol

this was a couple months back, around march I believe.... at the time, I was wearin a spurs hoody w/ a black jansport (like I normally do when it's chilly outside)....

Ooh, hey its CS's 9 year old brother...I DID SEE YOU!!

I went by the WC today, it still looks the same just they look the WC label off of the place and its clearly closed, could be renovation as there's this WC in the BX that was torn down completely and now there rebuilding it.

@ GC, yes those types of Fried Chicken Joints.

No lie, there's a place called Obama Fried Cicken on Rutland Rd & Rockaway Pkwy

212wta8.jpg

No joke! The only thing I would eat from KFC is the biscuits. However I did try that double down chicken sandwich(they used chicken breasts as buns). The worst idea for a sandwich I have ever seen.

Popeyes on the other hand is better. There chicken just has a great taste. Aint that many down here(Camden, Vineland, Woodbury).

Ooh, hey its CS's 9 year old brother...I DID SEE YOU!!

if you say so....

I dread smelling the aroma of a KFC; that's how bad it's gotten w/ me....

decided to take the BM2 home today, which meant, a wait in front of that KFC over on Av H/utica...

funny thing is, you'll see more people chillin inside the KFC waitin for the bus [b46], than you'll see people ordering.... I tell ya, if they moved that popeye's on the same side of the street that the KFC's currently on (NE corner of utica/av H), that popeye's would instantly see at least double the business they're currently are....

Popeyes on the other hand is better. There chicken just has a great taste. Aint that many down here(Camden, Vineland, Woodbury).

dam... too bad chief....

they're all over the boroughs; even got one over in chinatown for pete's sake....

I aint eat much of anything today, so I might hit up popeye's a little later... I'm glad they got rid of the KFC that was around here.... and (co-incidentally) put a popeye's in its place....

IMO, the White Castle fries usually vary by location, it's all I order when I go there lol.

Most of the ones I've been too are good because they arent oily like some of the other places which is a good thing. My fav locations right now are the ones at Hillside Ave just short of the 179th Street Station. Flatbush/Nostrand, Westchester Square and a few other spots I gotta remember.

The one I used to frequent often before I dropped out of HS was the one at Rockaway Blvd & 100th Street, a block or two off of John Adams High School(the school I initally dropped out of). Service is slow as hell but you are guaranteed fresh food.

I can co-sign with this because you are absolutely on-point. Food in the main sections of Flushing & Chinatown is traditional compared to the regular small Chinese Food joints in the city which is 99.9% Americanized. You get the real deal in the Flushing & Chinatown areas, traditional herbs & spices, sauces and a lot more..

I remember eating at a restaurant in Park Slope that was really good, but I'm not sure if it was really "authentic" Chinese food. The wasn't quite as strong as real Chinese food.

I remember eating at a restaurant in Park Slope that was really good, but I'm not sure if it was really "authentic" Chinese food. The wasn't quite as strong as real Chinese food.

do you remember where it was?

I know there's a chinese food spot over on 9th st b/w 5th & 6th av's, but that's 100% americanized chinese food.... I would go there all the time whenever I visited my father....

Another place that wasn't discussed is Arbys. Im really fond of their Angus 3 cheese and bacon sub. Its a little salty but some BBQ sauce balances it out. The Beef n Cheddar is also good with the onions baked in the bun and the thin "Red Ranch" sauce thats like a mix of au jus and soy sauce and bbq sauce is so good.

if you say so....

I dread smelling the aroma of a KFC; that's how bad it's gotten w/ me....

decided to take the BM2 home today, which meant, a wait in front of that KFC over on Av H/utica...

funny thing is, you'll see more people chillin inside the KFC waitin for the bus [b46], than you'll see people ordering.... I tell ya, if they moved that popeye's on the same side of the street that the KFC's currently on (NE corner of utica/av H), that popeye's would instantly see at least double the business they're currently are....

dam... too bad chief....

they're all over the boroughs; even got one over in chinatown for pete's sake....

Lol nah it aint that bad. I gota chyll off the fast food tho. If I still lived in NY I would be a fat slob lol cant have that.

The popeyes down on Boston rd just off of Allerton I use to go there because some chick I was tryna holla at worked there. She hookd me up a couple times.

Put any Popeyes near or directly across from a KFC and KFC goes to hell but somehow they still get some peeps.

Funny you mention that B46 stop; I remember one time I went in that KFC and was wondering why the hell is it so much people in there.....until i heard someone say "where the hell is this bus". Damn near pissed maself when the B46 came and the damn place was empty as shyt!

10) Other:

2 actually. Jack in the Box & DelTaco. Pity the NYC Region for having neither:mad:

NYC Region fastfood I have to go with CHECKERS.

7/11`s improved ALOT recently. More hot food offerings, good stuff for good price$:) But technically 7/11's NOT a fastfood place vis a vis ala Burger King & Wendy's yes?

If it was one of those "sit down & take your order/dine in" places that looks pretty nice and fancy-ish, you'll likely get some good stuff as well.

I always wanted to try 5 guys but I heard they cook in peanut oil and I'm allergic to that. For fast food burgers I like Wendy's or Checkers but for a real burger has anyone been to Jackson Hole diner? My nephew took me to the one in Bayside and that's a real burger. I also have cravings for Jonny Rocket's sometimes, especially when I'm in Atlantic City. I'm a meat and potatoes guy most of the time but if I'm on the prowl for pizza it must be from an Italian pizzeria and if I want pastrami or corned beef it must come from a Kosher Deli. One question for you people. There's this place on Surf and Stillwell in BK yet no one has mentioned it. Why?

SubwayGuy's Top 10 (Rules - food must be of enough quantity to be a meal and must be ready in under 5 minutes...also the chain must be national):

10-White Castle

9-KFC

8-Popeye's

7-Boston Market

6-Burger King

5-Wendy's

4-McDonald's

3-Taco Bell

2-Five Guys Burgers 'N Fries

And the winner is...

1-Chipotle

I always wanted to try 5 guys but I heard they cook in peanut oil and I'm allergic to that. For fast food burgers I like Wendy's or Checkers but for a real burger has anyone been to Jackson Hole diner? My nephew took me to the one in Bayside and that's a real burger. I also have cravings for Jonny Rocket's sometimes, especially when I'm in Atlantic City. I'm a meat and potatoes guy most of the time but if I'm on the prowl for pizza it must be from an Italian pizzeria and if I want pastrami or corned beef it must come from a Kosher Deli.

One question for you people. There's this place on Surf and Stillwell in BK yet no one has mentioned it. Why?

What place on Surf/Stillwell, pal ?

only thing besides nathan's I can think of around there is that quick fix pizzeria opposite the subway (on stillwell)..... too much activity goes on over there...

"what kind of activity..."

"straaaaange activity !"

movie references aside, I don't trust that pizza spot.

only thing besides nathan's I can think of around there is that quick fix pizzeria opposite the subway (on stillwell)..... too much activity goes on over there...

"straaaaange activity !"

I'm talking about Nathan's Famous.

That line at Nathan's is too friggin' long, especially during the summer.

Tell me you're joking.

"straaaaange activity !"

lol... You eat more pizza than me and I'm Sicilian. :P