The (F) in R46

Calvin

Incase you didn't know 5741 howls more than an R68! It doesn't that plain boring propulsion.

I hope you know this saying.

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it.

It seems like your trying to start a flame war here, SMH.

Grow the hell up. Its still a R46. One day your going to look back and say "I wasted my teen yrs chasing a "sound".

So you want a cookie for finding a howl sound? Tell me, what was accomplished by finding this sound? What did it do for you in life?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well he does have a point. Its just a R46...if you want 5741 that bad, go find it on whatever line its on

Grow the hell up. Its still a R46. One day your going to look back and say "I wasted my teen yrs chasing a "sound".

So you want a cookie for finding a howl sound? Tell me, what was accomplished by finding this sound? What did it do for you in life?

*Round of applause*....IAWTP 1000%. How many years the R-46's have been on the (F) before it became 100% R-160's and now all of a sudden ppl want to chase it again when its going to be here for the next several years....SMDH

I found a R143 that howls loud...can I have a cookie? :)

Just saw one at Ditmas...wasn't even looking fot it (I'm heading to the beach as I type this)

Big middle finger to everyone who spent hours looking for it B)

Well I was on one yesterday on the way to CIY and it had door problems so take that.B)

Well I was on one yesterday on the way to CIY and it had door problems so take that.:(
In both of your situations it proves you don't have to railfan to see something rare it will come to you when you least expect it. That's happened to me too many times already.

Right after I made that 1st post I saw it a total of 4 different times (3 of them was the same set from earlier)

Double middle finger to them all :P

I think people on the forums should find a way to balance it in between. Constructive criticism is better then criticizing all the time. When you give someone advice it would teach them something, but if you keep going, "Oh you are loser.", you would make the person upset no matter how stupid the person's action is. You have to say something like this "There is a better world out there. Why don't you go do something in your life then chase after a train." It would be better then kicking up bad criticism and losing a thread to it.

It's a freaking TRANSIT website. It's conceivable that people would want to ride a train that doesn't normally run on a particular line. If you don't like a thread, ignore it but don't belittle people who participate in the thread.

Don't try to point it out. Some will never get it.

What's even more funny is seeing some of you peeps getting bent outta shape.....over nothing.

Which sometimes makes me wonder why employees even bother posting in THIS section of the forum? We have a private forum just for ourselves but not much goes on in there. I mean I just met one of you's for the first time inadvertently and it wasn't a bad experience.

Most of the railfans are annoying as hell, When i was on the (C) I saw the damn R46 twice and a third time going home, I rode the R46 (F) so many times, One of the Railfans called me to ask where the damn thing is at while i was sleeping, i like to railfan and i know i like R32's but now the fun is over, whoever missed out before 2009, tough shit, move on and live life.

Called you? That's why you only give out your cell phone #, at least that you can set it on silent.

And lol, at the few here defending the 'it's a transit forum' line. Oh sure the train in question is an r46, would that comment still apply if a person was chasing a specific r32 set?

In my eyes, the comment still stands. An R32 is an R32, just like R62 is R62, etc...

Called you? That's why you only give out your cell phone #, at least that you can set it on silent.

And lol, at the few here defending the 'it's a transit forum' line. Oh sure the train in question is an r46, would that comment still apply if a person was chasing a specific r32 set?

incorrect

they got my number from facebook, and when that R32 was on the (:( i didnt chase it, i always had luck cacthing it, i even cought it on the (Q) when i was'nt even looking for it

People hunt for Nostalgia trains all of the time. When did RAILFANS looking for a particular car model suddently become an issue? In fact, the only reason why people are complaining about it is because they know that I like the R46 and since I've become the de facto villain at NYCTF, anything I like must be wrong.

Archived