The (F) in R46

Calvin

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25

Basically, the (N) and (Q) are to be fully R160s, while the (R) is back to exclusively R46. Everything else is just about the same.

I honestly can't tell the dif between a 68A or 68. So I'm still baffled by the excitement of it all. But it is nice to see the (F) getting some of its traditional equipment back. I was on a 68 (Q) yesterday and took a shot of it with my iphone just for kicks. I'll be out with my camera today so maybe I'll spot a traditional (F).

One easy way to tell between an R68 and an R68A is the front and back doors. The 68's have doors that you can swing open (T/O and C/R) and those on the 68a's u just slide it open. Another way is the car numbers: R68's are those around the 2,000s and R68a's are those of 5000s.

68s have a rectangle under the rollsign and a metal border between the side sign and the glass

http://mysticfox.com/subway/view.php?id=546

http://mysticfox.com/subway/view.php?id=507

68As do not

http://mysticfox.com/subway/view.php?id=487

http://mysticfox.com/subway/view.php?id=246

photos by me

And to add-on a side view you can tell if its an R-68 or 68A is the R-68A's steel is more shinier.The Kawasaki Rail Cars steel is much shiner.

The 68A's are double cab ended and their rollsign is much higher and brighter.

and off peak times?

Anywhere between 0 and 3 sets out there, the assignment sheet only shows what is needed for the AM and PM rush. Some of you guys need to do your own leg work on this sort of stuff, it seems everyone wants everything handed to them on a silver platter.

Anywhere between 0 and 3 sets out there, the assignment sheet only shows what is needed for the AM and PM rush. Some of you guys need to do your own leg work on this sort of stuff, it seems everyone wants everything handed to them on a silver platter.

well im not the one with connections to TA employees.

Or R160s on the (E)... it all comes down to timing.

People should stop saying 'shoulda woulda coulda'. Take your pics now or you miss out. That said, the system is eventually going to be homogenous, who cares about r[] on the [] line? There's no special prize for being the first or getting exclusive stuff.

ahh, its just an R46 guys. and since you know it is now going to be on the (F) you have a year or so to catch it! take it easy.

Same could be said about yu when asking about R160As and R160Bs assigned to the E and F lines. Don't throw stones from your glass house.

Or R160s on the (E)... it all comes down to timing.

People should stop saying 'shoulda woulda coulda'. Take your pics now or you miss out. That said, the system is eventually going to be homogenous, who cares about r[] on the [] line? There's no special prize for being the first or getting exclusive stuff.

Totally agreed!!!

UGH, tell me about it :P

The funny stuff is with all the (G) is going all 68/68A and foamers running out there like chickens with their heads cut off while we all knew the numbers of that car class on the (G) was only going to increase exponentially. Really it was the 46 people should have ran out there and pic. Same thing with the Fox when it first got its 160s. I saw one (46) yesterday around midnite leaving Bway-Lafayette.

The funny stuff is with all the (G) is going all 68/68A and foamers running out there like chickens with their heads cut off while we all knew the numbers of that car class on the (G) was only going to increase exponentially. Really it was the 46 people should have ran out there and pic. Same thing with the Fox when it first got its 160s. I saw one yesterday around midnite leaving Bway-Lafayette.

Agreed people rush to catch something new.I have yet to ride a the 68 (G) but I have pics and stepped on it briefly but have not rode it 1 stop YET.

It's a matter of time till people start filming the 142A's on the (4) and (6) more.

Agreed people rush to catch something new.I have yet to ride a the 68 (G) but I have pics and stepped on it briefly but have not rode it 1 stop YET.

It's a matter of time till people start filming the 142A's on the (4) and (6) more.

Oh no not at all, they will run like hell to chase that one 62A that ends up there at first (and pray that one end has 5 singles), but since its terminal is a loop, it will be easier to find.

Archived