Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
EE Broadway Local

Should The (S) Rockaway Park Shuttle Become The (H) Again?

A small question: Should the (S) Rockaway Park Shuttle become the (H) again or should it keep its' (S)? For a trip down memory lane, here is the original classic Rockaway Park HH route bullet:

HH67.gif

A small question: Should the (S) Rockaway Park Shuttle become the (H) again or should it keep its' (S)? For a trip down memory lane, here is the original classic Rockaway Park HH route bullet:

HH67.gif

No, I think it's too short to be a subway route. It'd only become an (H) again if it was extended.

What difference would it make if it wasn't gonna be extended or anything just a letter change.

My theory, its all about the :drool::drool::drool::drool: lol

What difference would it make if it wasn't gonna be extended or anything just a letter change.

I'm saying it's better off as a (S) because it's not very long.

The reason behind my asking is historically (truthfully on and off) the Rockaway Park service has been designated an H. Most recently (H).

As far as I know as long as R44's, then R46's have been there it has been known as (grey) S.

Because management wants an S up there instead of an H.

Period!

Internally, they still call it the (H)...its known as the (S) to everyone else cuz its a shuttle

...Ironically, on maps and some signs, the (S) is blue

Rename the Rockaway Park (A) to (H) along with the shuttle, that would make more sense. It would cut down on the number of (A) terminals.

The Lefferts (A) should also become (K).

Rename the Rockaway Park (A) to (H) along with the shuttle, that would make more sense. It would cut down on the number of (A) terminals.

Not really... Fail Idea ^ ^

There's only 5 of them [Rock Park (A)] in the rush hours, what difference will it make?

I think what some people are still trying to say is the (A) is way too long. Many people want to shorten the route.
How is it too long? It's not like the trains backtrack to service all the branches. the trains only goes to one terminal each. So it's basically the 'same'. The line is what it is. It took over the LIRR's former branch. Frankly, the (A) is fine as it is.

Guest lance25
I think what some people are still trying to say is the (A) is way too long. Many people want to shorten the route.

And where would you shorten it to? Lefferts? Euclid? What will serve the areas that wouldn't be served by the (A), the (C)? The (E)? Or perhaps a brand new line like the (K), (W) or <R> or maybe the (I) (O) (P) (T) (U) (X) or (Y)?

No, the (A) is fine just how it is. It's been fine since the line was extended into the Rockaways some 50 years ago and we all know how well the extended (C) and (E) lines worked out.

An old adage comes to mind, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

This.
Length-wise (and during the nocturnal hours), it's a very long line. In terms of express service, eh...

Lefferts Blvd - 30 stops

Far Rockaway - 36 stops

Rockaway Park - 34 stops

Not counting Aqueduct Racetrack since it's open at a certain time. Not to mention that the (C) has 40 stops from Washington Heights to Euclid Avenue.

ill take a H or K for simple renaming branches instead of getting trains mixed up by confusion in terminals.

Nope. The (JFK) was killed in the past, because not much people used it, and people kept stepping into it without paying so there isn't any use there, and the JFK Air Train is already doing the job.

At 71st/Continental, for a few years, on the entrance, there was a black H in a circle next to the (E)(F)(V)(G)(R) and then it disappeared. Never saw a train with that, lol. Any ideas what it was?