Should The (S) Rockaway Park Shuttle Become The (H) Again?

A small question: Should the (S) Rockaway Park Shuttle become the (H) again or should it keep its' (S)? For a trip down memory lane, here is the original classic Rockaway Park HH route bullet:

HH67.gif

No, I think it's too short to be a subway route. It'd only become an (H) again if it was extended.

I think what some people are still trying to say is the (A) is way too long. Many people want to shorten the route.
How is it too long? It's not like the trains backtrack to service all the branches. the trains only goes to one terminal each. So it's basically the 'same'. The line is what it is. It took over the LIRR's former branch. Frankly, the (A) is fine as it is.

Guest lance25
I think what some people are still trying to say is the (A) is way too long. Many people want to shorten the route.

And where would you shorten it to? Lefferts? Euclid? What will serve the areas that wouldn't be served by the (A), the (C)? The (E)? Or perhaps a brand new line like the (K), (W) or <R> or maybe the (I) (O) (P) (T) (U) (X) or (Y)?

No, the (A) is fine just how it is. It's been fine since the line was extended into the Rockaways some 50 years ago and we all know how well the extended (C) and (E) lines worked out.

An old adage comes to mind, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

This.
Length-wise (and during the nocturnal hours), it's a very long line. In terms of express service, eh...

Lefferts Blvd - 30 stops

Far Rockaway - 36 stops

Rockaway Park - 34 stops

Not counting Aqueduct Racetrack since it's open at a certain time. Not to mention that the (C) has 40 stops from Washington Heights to Euclid Avenue.

Archived