MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this current moment, it looks like the '08s D4500CTs from NYCT won't be seeing service at MTA Bus. I drew this conclusion due to 2218, 2219 and 2227 being sent to Eastchester Scrap after formerly being assigned to Spring Creek and Far Rockaway (pending). 

Edited by 1train2255railfan

2 hours ago, 1train2255railfan said:

At this current moment, it looks like the '08s D4500CTs from NYCT won't be seeing service at MTA Bus. I drew this conclusion due to 2218, 2219 and 2227 being sent to Eastchester Scrap after formerly being assigned to Spring Creek and Far Rockaway (pending). 

Those were not for service. Those buses were parts buses.

4 minutes ago, TomaszSBklyn said:

So, does it mean the remaining '08s D4500CTs will be joining service at the MTA bus at a later date?

No, it does not.

A parts bus means that they take out parts from that bus in order to use on other buses.

19 hours ago, Q39 to Ridgewood said:

I'm assuming trackers are disabled? Because I tried to track it earlier and it didn't appear

They take time to update. I say like weeks or so. 

Edited by Calvin

It appears that the lease is up on the XEs as of this month(still awaiting info on that). There are two Proterras still in service.

11-15 are all at Northeast Bus Rebuilders.

16, 18 & 20 have been OOS for a week and some change. 17 and 19 are currently the two active Proterras left.

Edited by Cait Sith

4 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

It appears that the lease is up on the XEs(still awaiting info on that). There are two Proterras still in service.

11-15 are all at Northeast Bus Rebuilders.

There are three Proterras in service right now (17, 19-20). They are all running on the B60.

14 minutes ago, Matthewmp4 said:

7851 is doing driver training at Fresh Pond Depot this afternoon

No on the road training today. We was just being briefed on the new specifications of the bus today.

On 6/30/2021 at 9:55 PM, Q39 to Ridgewood said:

I'm assuming trackers are disabled? Because I tried to track it earlier and it didn't appear

Here we go😀:

Vehicle 1438 Riders: 8 on route QM18-South Ozone Park - Midtown Express 1:10 ahead of 6:37:40PM. going →S. Ozone Pk 130 St via Lefferts Bl past 3 Av on E 57 St

The map and the description do not match. According to the map the unit is crossing the Eddie Koch bridge.

Only 8 riders. Is this the only bus that's been carrying air around or poor ridership is an issue in all routes?