R160 Sign Reading List

INDman

Let the Foam begin, Alot of foamers are gonna go nuts when they see this

foamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoam...

...JUST KIDDING, it's just a list. But I can assure you that all that at least 1 post will say "foam" legitimately.

[EDIT] - What did I tell you guys; someone DID foam!

I wish I could have this list... more than the bus list.

It would be a good list to look at to see all the combinations they have

...Still don't know why they don't have a (J) to Metropolitan but they got other odd combinations lol

Guest lance25

...like the one for the (D) to Far Rockaway for some odd reason.

I guess the programmers felt that if a (J) needed to go to Metropolitan Av, the train crew could change it to an (M). Of course, management tells the crews to not change the signs for any reason, so it becomes yet another case of the left hand not knowing what the right's doing. I do agree that there should be a program for the (J) to Middle Village along with the (E) to 168 St and 179 St via Hillside Local. I'm sure there are others, but until the prerequisite reroutes occur, we won't know whether the particular option in question is available in the AAS.

...like the one for the (D) to Far Rockaway for some odd reason.

I guess the programmers felt that if a (J) needed to go to Metropolitan Av, the train crew could change it to an (M). Of course, management tells the crews to not change the signs for any reason, so it becomes yet another case of the left hand not knowing what the right's doing. I do agree that there should be a program for the (J) to Middle Village along with the (E) to 168 St and 179 St via Hillside Local. I'm sure there are others, but until the prerequisite reroutes occur, we won't know whether the particular option in question is available in the AAS.

Oh yes they do, albeit rarely. The most common instance is when there's a delay in (2) service and a (5) has to go to 241st. They change signs to a (2)as instructed, even though there's a (5) to 241st program in the TOD. There are also programs for the (E) to 179 as you know, but Continental usually does this so there's a few stops before people actually have to get off, the train remains as an (E), signs are not changed to (F).

Guest lance25

I mentioned the (E) to 179 St because sometime last year, all (E) trains were rerouted to 179 St (scheduled weekend G.O., not the usual (E) to 179 St runs), running local between 71 Av and 179 St. Conductors had to manually announce the stations since the only (E) to 179 St program (to my knowledge) is via Queens Blvd-Hillside Exp. Of course, like I said, this was last year and there have been several updates to the AAS since then, so that might've changed by now.

I do like buses, though the Ozone Park-Broadway Junction reading is something else.

I didn't even notice that one because there are just so many readings because there many be 3 or 4 readings for trains going from point A to Z because it my be a local on one line, express on the other and so on. Then there are also several shuttles on the (F) where they are working on the Smith St viaduct.

Archived