System Map

Amtrak7

Nice map. You can see that they tried hard to make sure routes had distinct colors in relation to surrounding routes. Twin routes have the same color but different shades.

A few additional notes:

- Lynbrook and Rockville Centre Insets are a little bit off with the routings.

-N6 limited stops are not shown

-N22L route bypassing the mall isn't shown

-Walt Whitman Mall isn't labeled

-N72 could use a couple more markers in Suffolk.

-N23, N40/N41 route markers are mistakenly shown on Old Country Road

-N23 route south of Jericho Turnpike is off

-The west-pointing arrow on Miller Ave in NCC should be omitted.

-They have "Jamaica Ave" along the LIRR near Bellrose Station.

- Grand Ave is labeled wrong, not on the N35 route.

- Fletcher Ave and Rockaway Parkway on the N2 should be labeled.

- I didn't know AIRTrain was a bus route !

- The Q37 got extended up Bell blvd in bayside (from where, only god knows)...

- The Q110 ends on Hillside... who knew

- Quick, someone tell me where the hell the Q12 went !

Matter fact, how in the world you have text for "park drive E." in queens & not show text for "Northern Blvd" in queens....

- What street do the N35 & N62 go down ?

The contrasting colors for routes that share corridors are too light.....

Even worse than that, they don't even show all the street names the routes run down in Nassau itself.....

Absolutely Pathetic.... This map screams "rush job"....

They felt like they covered the basics & just gave up on wanting to make more accurate/enhance the thing any further.....

Either you're gonna show what all the queens bus routes do in the surrounding area, or don't show any of them at all.... I mean wtf @ the Q111 & the 113 ?

As sad as this is to say, the only thing I really like about this map.... are the fonts.

A company is judged (by the public) by how much attention to detail is being paid on things like ads, maps/timetables, or w/e else is displayed to the public on a website & what not....

If this is any indication of how bad the service will get, come next year....... smh...

Not good, yo.....

the focus is on Nassau, not the city or suffolk, its just designed to give you where the connections are but theres already Queens and Suffolk maps out there with info on those systems

right.... which is exactly why NICE shouldn't have bothered to add in any of the city's, or suffolk's bus routes on this map.....

Nice, kudos to NICE for even bothering to make a map in the first place.

lol... this is almost like sayin, kudos to NICE for even supplying riders w/ bus ops to drive the buses....

far as this map goes... rather them put out nothin, than to have had them put out something this..... incomplete.

- I didn't know AIRTrain was a bus route !

- The Q37 got extended up Bell blvd in bayside (from where, only god knows)...

- The Q110 ends on Hillside... who knew

Surprising

- Quick, someone tell me where the hell the Q12 went !

NICE probably was jealous so they sent the Q12 to NICE hell to die.

Matter fact, how in the world you have text for "park drive E." in queens & not show text for "Northern Blvd" in queens....

- What street do the N35 & N62 go down ?

The contrasting colors for routes that share corridors are too light.....

Even worse than that, they don't even show all the street names the routes run down in Nassau itself.....

Absolutely Pathetic.... This map screams "rush job"....

They felt like they covered the basics & just gave up on wanting to make more accurate/enhance the thing any further.....

Either you're gonna show what all the queens bus routes do in the surrounding area, or don't show any of them at all.... I mean wtf @ the Q111 & the 113

As sad as this is to say, the only thing I really like about this map.... are the fonts.

A company is judged (by the public) by how much attention to detail is being paid on things like ads, maps/timetables, or w/e else is displayed to the public on a website & what not....

If this is any indication of how bad the service will get, come next year....... smh...

Not good, yo.....

Replies in blue

I think NICE is trying to get people off the MTA and use their buses. If thats the case, not unless NICE provides open door along northern blvd,merrick blvd, and Hillside Avenue.

right.... which is exactly why NICE shouldn't have bothered to add in any of the city's, or suffolk's bus routes on this map.....

its just the way people are nitpicking over the queens and suffolk transit routes on the nassau map, that they arent 100% accurate. Theyre there as a guide but the main focus and purpose of the map is for Nassau county. The map shows you the N routes that go in the city and where they end up but if youre looking to use only the queens bus routes near the border, youre better off picking up the Queens map

The N35 is finally marked as going to Grand Avenue... but the street marked "Grand Avenue" is nowhere near that purple line.

And speaking of purple lines, why isn't Main Street on the (7) marked as a transfer point? That's pretty much the core destination for N20/21 riders...

yea that is defenately an error, as well as using a bus graphic for the Subway. Also the mysteriously left out Oyster Bay Station.

Im sure theyll release a corrected version eventually

No, they are not trying to get people off the (MTA) and SCT Bus systems, they simply rushed this map a bit, they could've just asked the (MTA), taken their LI Bus Map, remove all the (MTA) Logos and LI Bus stuff, slapped niceBUS on it and extend the n1 and put the n22L on it.

The (MTA) is protective of their property, I'm sure they would have said "F-OFF"

yea that is defenately an error, as well as using a bus graphic for the Subway. Also the mysteriously left out Oyster Bay Station.

Im sure theyll release a corrected version eventually

All LIRR stations/SCT routes that were left out or covered over on the MTA's Nassau Map have not been added in.

Archived