Mom asks world to stop using word 'retard'

mark1447

Max Seidman is "a kid with special needs who kicks butt -- and who deserves your respect." So says his mother, who wants you to help banish the derogatory term "retard" from our vernacular. Before producing this video in support of a Special Olympics campaign (called Spread The Word To End The Word), Ellen Seidman had called out dozens of Twitter users, to mixed results, for their casual use of the R-word.

Vid:

Mom asks world to stop using word 'retard' - msnNOW

I think the mom is the retard. When people use the word retard or retarded it has nothing to do with someone with a disability and is almost never directed at a person with any disabilities!

What next? Rename and remove the labels on every dough / bread retarders?

This will probably be next to impossible to achieve.

What next? Rename and remove the labels on every dough / bread retarders?

Can't forget about the retarders on trucks and buses.

It's one thing if she don't want ppl. to call her child a retard; that's reasonable...

It is quite another to prompt that the world stop using the word in & of itself..... that's a huge jump between caring/having concern for your child.... and bordering in on everyone across the world's vernacular/word choices....

When people use the word retard or retarded it has nothing to do with someone with a disability and is almost never directed at a person with any disabilities!

Exactly! And that's exactly why it needs to be kept around. :cool: :tup:

She must really shiver when she hears the new "in" term... "Mentally challenged"...

This lady is mentally challenged for saying that. The world has the right to say whatever we want. This is what if God exists intended us to do. It's our natural born human rights. You can't tell me what I can and can't say. We live in a damn Democracy not North Korea and I will say what I want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the FREEDOM OF SPEECH, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

That's all I need to say the word Retard. It doesn't say it's illegal. There are mentally retarded people that go to those schools but the word never is twords them. We had people fight for freedom to stand up and say whatever.

Te new term is intellectually challenged, not mentally challenged. That one is no longer PC.

This lady just wants to make a point, I don't think that she thinks she will change the world. If you see someone with a disability, be careful not to use the word retard around them. End of story.

Archived