Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cali plates off , temp tag in the window like the new (MTA) New Flyers, these new plates are hard to get... Btw while on the subject I HATE the new plates on the buses. County of Nassau on the left and Nassau (the county on the bottom of the plate similar to how Florida puts the county on the bottom. I was hoping NICE or Nassau Inter County Express on the left side of the plate.

Other than the front sign not working, the plates, the rear lights, the doors, and the obnoxious NICE logo that you can't see half of (orange on orange!), it looks like an old (MTA) Orion V.

They're not painting a custom car, the name of the game is doing it cheap, and I think they did a great job. I'm sure the signs will take time to program. The buses are doing what they intended, helping filling the gap, I think riders would be glad to have that bus on the route instead of having to wait in the cold for the next one.

Cali plates off , temp tag in the window like the new (MTA) New Flyers, these new plates are hard to get... Btw while on the subject I HATE the new plates on the buses. County of Nassau on the left and Nassau (the county on the bottom of the plate similar to how Florida puts the county on the bottom. I was hoping NICE or Nassau Inter County Express on the left side of the plate.

The plates go in the name of the city/county/"main" agency, not a sub agency of the government like NICE or the DOT. All plates for city agencies say "City of NY" and all plates for the MTA have MTA on them, whether its LIRR NYCT MTA Bus or whoever.

It's funny how at first NYCTs plates came as "City of NY" then they finally got it's a MTA not city agency and gave them MTA plates.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

They're not painting a custom car, the name of the game is doing it cheap, and I think they did a great job. I'm sure the signs will take time to program. The buses are doing what they intended, helping filling the gap, I think riders would be glad to have that bus on the route instead of having to wait in the cold for the next one.

The NICE logo that is on the orange and blue stripes on the Orion V CNG ex Foothill Transit doesn't look good. They should had put the logo under the blue stripe next to the driver on the left side like on the Orion Vll NG. But anyway, which you think looks better, the current NICE color scheme or the orange and blue stripes?

My question is do you think NICE will get their act together or are they already regretting letting the MTA walk away?

The county executive and probably the commissioners too have no regrets and probably get lots of money from Veolia. Only the regular guy who has to deal with their sh*t service wants the MTA back and the pols couldn't give a damn.

The county executive and probably the commissioners too have no regrets and probably get lots of money from Veolia. Only the regular guy who has to deal with their sh*t service wants the MTA back and the pols couldn't give a damn.

Also,Mangano making more money from the cab service that he owns,due to people giving up waiting for shitty NICE Bus service.