Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking about gas, a few days ago passenger in back had the farts, he kept farting so bad, it smelled horrible, he told driver he had to go to the bathroom now if driver didn't let him off he would go in his pants, so at red light on northern blvd and utopia driver was nice he opened door, and I saw the man run into the taco bell.

Those are old schedules

Speaking about gas, a few days ago passenger in back had the farts, he kept farting so bad, it smelled horrible, he told driver he had to go to the bathroom now if driver didn't let him off he would go in his pants, so at red light on northern blvd and utopia driver was nice he opened door, and I saw the man run into the taco bell.

LOL

Any reason why each nice bus doesn't have paper schedules? Plenty of seniors & people without access to computer or smart phones would like to know what time a bus times, I think schedules should be available on the buses

Bus driver do multiple routes, so they cannot always have schedules for every buses they drive.

NICE Bus forgot to bring schedules to Great Neck Station, Rockville Cetre or Freeport Station waiting room.

I grab some schedules for bus riders who needs it.

Those are old schedules

LOL

It not old. Yellow is June 28th 2015 copy for n22 and n80/81.

Or did NICE cancelled June 28th schedule?

Bus driver do multiple routes, so they cannot always have schedules for every buses they drive.

NICE's system of assigning buses doesn't help with putting schudules for routes on the buses either. I mean one day a bus could be on one route and the next it can be on diffrent route.

That's why I think Suffolk's system of having the same bus used on the same route everyday works better, especially for putting schudules on the bus and leaving them on the bus. 

Edited by mac5689

NICE Bus forgot to bring schedules to Great Neck Station, Rockville Cetre or Freeport Station waiting room.

I grab some schedules for bus riders who needs it.

It not old. Yellow is June 28th 2015 copy for n22 and n80/81.

Or did NICE cancelled June 28th schedule?

The N80/N81 schedule says Jan 2014

I think they made error on schedule date. I think they meant to put June 2015.

Really? So they got the wrong month & the wrong year.... Come on now, you're making it sound like it was a gaffe.....

NICE's system of assigning buses doesn't help with putting schudules for routes on the buses either. I mean one day a bus could be on one route and the next it can be on diffrent route.

That's why I think Suffolk's system of having the same bus used on the same route everyday works better, especially for putting schudules on the bus and leaving them on the bus.

Too much interlining going on with NICE.....

I will concur though that what you're mentioning works for SCT.....

Might have something to do with nearly most of the NICE routes sharing the same terminal, making it easy to interline some routes.

Might have something to do with nearly most of the NICE routes sharing the same terminal, making it easy to interline some routes.

The main problem with their interlining is most of the runs have insufficient or unrealistic time bet. lines. This is why some trips start & run late on a different line after drivers arrive late on the line they're changing from.

The main problem with their interlining is most of the runs have insufficient or unrealistic time bet. lines. This is why some trips start & run late on a different line after drivers arrive late on the line they're changing from.

I remember there was 15 minutes on n22 Hicksville at RFM b/c he's relief was stuck on mall traffic.

Inside of bus is nasty dirty, smells like rotten eggs, empty fast food bags, cups, even beer cans & newspapers all over the floor, I'm just curious what am I paying $2.75 for?

$2.75 is MTA fare since because of MTA Fareboxes are used by NICE Bus, Bee-Line Bus and Academy X23/X24 bus.

what would happen if nice bus removed mta fare box from it's buses? I'm sure we can pay with dollar bills or coins some other way

That would suck as there wouldn't be no free transfer to the subway or NYC buses, I'm sure a lot of the NICE bus riders on the 4, 6, 20, 22, 24, etc transfer to the subway in Queens... removing the mta fare box would kill ridership even more..

Maybe nice should get there own farebox since they are a private bus system, nice should give it own paper transfers out but have mta accept them on the buses & trains.

But many people depend on the NICE bus to get them to/from Queens. If NICE got their own farebox, then those people would end up paying more money to connect to NYCT.

Maybe nice should get there own farebox since they are a private bus system, nice should give it own paper transfers out but have mta accept them on the buses & trains.

But many people depend on the NICE bus to get them to/from Queens. If NICE got their own farebox, then those people would end up paying more money to connect to NYCT.

Before the Veolia take over, under (MTA) Doomsday plan, MTA was threatend to increase LIB fare to $3.50 per ride, so Unlimited MetroCard wouldn't work b/c  of Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano refuse to fill gap for MTA, so Veolia tookover the bus service.

I also agree with NY1635 that many NICE Bus commuters can come from everywhere. Without (MTA) farebox, it will be like Suffolk County Transit Buses.

Speaking off MTA Farebox, little off-topic, when Atlantic Express which has operated $6.50 X23/X24 Midtown-Staten Island Express buses and Atlantic Express filed bankrupcy, so Academy Bus took over its's X23/X24. On first week, people were forced to paid $6.50 extra because farebox wasn't working or some buses they sent didn't had farebox. Some folks didn't have $6.50, so some Academy Bus drivers kick off passengers because they didn't had $6.50 cash fare.

This is reason why we need MTA Farebox on NICE Bus, Bee-Line Bus, Academy Bus X23/X24.

In Westchester County, Bee-Line Buses have good ridership after MetroCard was introduce into bus system.