Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part Suspended

(J)(M) trains are disrupted in both directions between Broadway Junction/ Myrtle Av and Delancey St-Essex St.

Emergency teams are responding to someone struck by a train on the Williamsburg Bridge.

Service Changes:

(J)(M)

There are no trains running between Myrtle Av and Delancey St-Essex St in either direction.

(J) trains are running in 2 sections:

Between Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer and Broadway Junction or Myrtle Av.

Between Broad St and Delancey St-Essex St.

(M) trains are running in 2 sections:

Between Myrtle Av and Middle Village-Metropolitan Av.

Between Forest Hills-71 Av and 2 Av on the (F) line.

Travel Alternatives:

For service between Myrtle Av and Marcy Av, take B46 buses.

Consider bus service to nearby (A)(C)(G)(L) trains for service between Brooklyn and Manhattan.  

Posted: 12/01/2022 12:01PM

This was Kavon, a member of my Discord group, surfing, and he's dead.

THE MTA and NYPD need to STEP UP their PATROLS on Trains, in Train Stations, and anything Subway Related, because this is getting ridiculous. This is a member of my Discord Group, the ForceSquad, that's just died due to Train Surfing. WHO in their Right Mind would decide I'm gonna surf a train for fun? Who? WHO? Their Parents should ALSO be held accountable, and not be the first ones crying on the news He/She was a good kid, like Shut Up.

Bottom line is: Subway Surfing has become an Epidemic, and it needs to be stopped, before more lives are taken.

Transit Police! NYPD! STOP SITTING ON YOUR ASSES AND START DOING SOMETHING TO COMBAT SUBWAY SURFING! NOW! RIGHT NOW! NOT LATER!

2 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

This was Kavon, a member of my Discord group, surfing, and he's dead.

THE MTA and NYPD need to STEP UP their PATROLS on Trains, in Train Stations, and anything Subway Related, because this is getting ridiculous. This is a member of my Discord Group, the ForceSquad, that's just died due to Train Surfing. WHO in their Right Mind would decide I'm gonna surf a train for fun? Who? WHO? Their Parents should ALSO be held accountable, and not be the first ones crying on the news He/She was a good kid, like Shut Up.

Bottom line is: Subway Surfing has become an Epidemic, and it needs to be stopped, before more lives are taken.

Transit Police! NYPD! STOP SITTING ON YOUR ASSES AND START DOING SOMETHING TO COMBAT SUBWAY SURFING! NOW! RIGHT NOW! NOT LATER!

Not to blame the victim, but WHY was this person subway surfing in the first place? - yes there should be more patrolling, but we also need to address WHY people train surf. One of my cousins I'm actually afraid for because they are at the first stage (taking selfies between subway cars while trains are in motion), and I do not want to imagine them going to the next level (climbing to more restricted areas).

33 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

Not to blame the victim, but WHY was this person subway surfing in the first place? - yes there should be more patrolling, but we also need to address WHY people train surf. One of my cousins I'm actually afraid for because they are at the first stage (taking selfies between subway cars while trains are in motion), and I do not want to imagine them going to the next level (climbing to more restricted areas).

He was peer pressured into doing so. He normally never surfed.

On 11/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, Kamen Rider said:

@texassubwayfan555

what you're thinking is a 12-9 isn't a 12-9.

Specifically, "12-9" is the radio code for person UNDER the train. getting struck by a train isn't inherently a 12-9 situation. and a person can and do survive being under the train so long as they're in the right spot. 

Wrong. “12-9” means customer came in contact with the train. And it’s any contact, not necessarily restricted to customer under the train.

On 12/1/2022 at 1:41 PM, texassubwayfan555 said:

If that would stop happening, then half of theses delays would never occur.

Half? Nah i’d say a quarter. The other instances are unauthorized on the roadbed, vandalism of all sorts, and passenger altercations

21 hours ago, Biggie said:

Heard one of them got booked for Manslaughter for this.

Don’t believe everything you hear, that’s all hearsay and conjecture at this time. Charges aren’t brought up that quickly especially if a third party doesn’t have a physical hand dealt in the situation. The boy wasn’t forced at gun/knife point to surf the train therefore this is solely on the victim and his negligence and ignorance. Kid had videos of himself surfing trains amongst others… what the heck did anyone think was gonna happen? 

Edited by VIP
Clarification

6 hours ago, VIP said:

Wrong. “12-9” means customer came in contact with the train. And it’s any contact, not necessarily restricted to customer under the train.

I’m sorry… to what source do you owe your response?

My source is Rule 20(d) of the MTA Rules and Regulations, edition June 2016, and found on the rule book’s page 21, which emphatically states that radio code 12-9 is for “CUSTOMER UNDER TRAIN”

Edited by Kamen Rider

8 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

I’m sorry… to what source do you owe your response?

My source is Rule 20(d) of the MTA Rules and Regulations, edition June 2016, and found on the rule book’s page 21, which emphatically states that radio code 12-9 is for “CUSTOMER UNDER TRAIN”

Thats nice. But when does RCC adhere exactly-verbatim to the rule book. On paper it states exactly but any contact with the train it’s classified as a 12-9 incident. Carry on tough guy.

3 hours ago, VIP said:

Thats nice. But when does RCC adhere exactly-verbatim to the rule book. On paper it states exactly but any contact with the train it’s classified as a 12-9 incident. Carry on tough guy.

12-9 radio code has always meant “ man under “ according to the Rule books predating 1980. If a person is pushed into the side of the train, moving or not, by rule, it cannot be a 12-9. Perhaps there is a written update to this definition somewhere? Carry on.

The (A)(C)(E) are in a bit of a sh*tshow right now.

There was both a track fire and a train with mechanical problems at Chambers Street, along with a train with emergency brakes activated for a person who needed medical help at West 4th Street (that is what is written).

MTA just says avoid these lines.

(B) Train: *Ends*

Part Suspended

No southbound (F) service between Church Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

The last stop on southbound (F) trains will be Jay St-MetroTech or Church Av.

Southbound (F) and (G) trains are delayed while we work to address a switch malfunction at Church Av.

Additional Service Changes:

Southbound (F) trains are running via the (D) line from Broadway-Lafayette St to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

The last stop on some northbound (F) trains will be Kings Hwy.

Travel Alternatives:

Consider taking a (G) train for service between Bergen St and Church Av.

Consider taking a (B)(D)(F)(N) or (Q) train for service between Manhattan and Brooklyn.  

Consider taking the (A) or (C) train at W 4 St-Wash Sq.

Posted: 12/08/2022 09:06PM

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

(1) trains via White Plains Road (?) 

Part Suspended

There is no (1) train service between 96 St and 137 St-City College.

Southbound (1) trains will end at 137 St-City College.

Emergency teams are responding to a person who was struck by a train at 103 St.

Additional Service Changes:

Some northbound (1) trains are running along the (2) line from 96 St to 3 Av-149 St.

Some northbound (1) trains are running via the (3) line from 96 St to Harlem-148 St.

For service between 96 St and 137 St-City College, consider taking M5/M11 buses.

For service along the (1) line, consider taking an (A) or (C) train.

See a station agent to receive a courtesy pass for continuing train or bus service.

Posted: 12/08/2022 10:42PM

Delays

(N) (R)trains are running with delays in both directions after multiple incidents along the line.

What Happened?

Emergency teams responded to someone struck by a train at 59 St (Brooklyn)

We moved a train that had it's emergency brake cord pulled near 39 Av (Queens)

We addressed a mechanical problem on a train at 23 St (Manhattan).

EMS responded to a passenger in need of medical assistance at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr

Posted: 12/12/2022 10:38PM