Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to channel 7, two 12-9's involving a (5)on one track and a (6) on the other at 125.... The fatality happened with the (6) train as far as I can understand the report.

Edit: The news is still breaking apparently. Now they're saying the two were fighting each other.

another edit apparently he took a s**t and fell between 

the other thing is the injury was a homless guy

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Service Change  Posted: 01/17/2013  5:17PM

Service Change  Posted: 01/17/2013  5:17PM

Due to signal problems at 36 St Station:

Some northbound e.png and f.png trains are running local between 36 St Station and Roosevelt Av Station.

Some northbound r.png trains are terminating at 57 St Station.

Some northbound m.png trains are terminating at Chamber St Station. <--- FOAMER ALERT!!!!  

Please expect delays in e.pngf.png, m.png and r.png train service at this time.

Still signal problems in the montauge tunnel Bay Ridge (R) running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 01/18/2013  7:34PM 

Due to debris on track at DeKalb Av Station, northbound n.png and q.png trains are running on the r.png line between DeKalb Av Station and Canal St Station.

Oh that'll be fun when - not if, but when - the signals wonk out in Montague today. 

(article in the WSJ said signal failures there have been daily since the flooding, with maintainers stationed 24/7)

FOAMER ALERT!!! The brown M to Chambers is back again!!!!!

I don't see it on the MTA site.

Delays  Posted: 01/21/2013  9:40PM

Following an earlier incident at the Roosevelt Avenue-Jackson Heights Station, e.png, f.png, m.png & r.png train service have resumed with residual delays.

I don't see it on the MTA site.

Oh gee, so I guess I must be lying then. I must have imagined hearing an announcement over the PA that "due to a switch malfunction at Roosevelt Ave, (E)(F)(M) and (R) trains are running with delays" and then I certainly couldn't have heard "2052 Mikey out of Chambers St" on the radio right after that and put two and two together. Nope, if it wasn't on the mta website it must not be true.

But your quote from the mta website just clarifies that all of these imaginary voices I was hearing tonight MIGHT have actually happened, and you just were late to the party......

Oh gee, so I guess I must be lying then. I must have imagined hearing an announcement over the PA that "due to a switch malfunction at Roosevelt Ave, (E)(F)(M) and (R) trains are running with delays" and then I certainly couldn't have heard "2052 Mikey out of Chambers St" on the radio right after that and put two and two together. Nope, if it wasn't on the mta website it must not be true.

But your quote from the mta website just clarifies that all of these imaginary voices I was hearing tonight MIGHT have actually happened, and you just were late to the party......

Well sorry, so I guess something wasn't right when I was simply pointing out an congruence between your announcement and one updated just one minute ago. For an agency that's trying to convey information to its passengers quickly (and it did just put up onthego.mta.info for Android devices), It would be reasonable that it got the update first.

put two and two together. Nope, if it wasn't on the mta website it must not be true.
…or the problem got fixed and it was updated at 9:40 pm before your out-of-date information reached this site at 9:41 pm. Maybe you were operating a train and couldn't post immediately?

Maybe you should consider taking over the job of the guy that's updating the site. Or I should submit a new app to the Google Play/Apple App Store that scrapes transit updates from NYCTF as well since that seems to be more reliably updated than the official site.

January 22, 2013, 10:30 AM

b/d, (2) via (5) b/t Nevins St and 149 St & (3) trains via local b/t Chambers St and 96 St, due to a police investigation at the Times Sq Station.

Hmm THAT seems bad. Hope it's not another 12-9 :-|

Oh. It was another 12-9

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/22/man-killed-by-subway-in-times-square/

Service Change Posted: 01/22/2013 10:13PM

Due to a smoke condition at Broadway Lafayette:

Southbound (A) via (F) from W 4 Street- Washington Square to Jay Street- MetroTech.

Southbound (M) train service terminate at World Trade Center.

Please expect delays on the (A), (F) and (M) train service at this time.

Never seen the (M) to WTC before. I wonder if they'll turn the northbound trains at Essex or Chambers/Nassau to make up for that

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

FASTRACK failed: Switch problems caused a late opening of Flatbush (2) this morning and its turning back at Church again now.
Service Change  Posted: 01/23/2013  9:53AM

Due to switch problems at Brooklyn College-Flatbush Avenue Station, both directions there is no (2) and (5)between Church Avenue Station and Brooklyn College-Flatbush Avenue Station.

Some southbound (2)  trains are running on the (3) or (4) linefrom Franklin Avenue Station to Utica Avenue Station or New Lots Avenue Station.   

Some southbound (5) trains terminate at Bowling Green Station.

Allow additional travel time. 

Edited by Abba

It was a mess on the (7) train today MTA site didn't state anything except for signal problems @ 46th street stating that times square bound trains are running with delays.

I waited at the Flushing bound train @ 33rd st and 3 manhattan bound 7 trains went by finally a flushing bound train arrived it was packed I couldn't get in.

I waited 15 more minutes finally the train arrived.

Later on it turned express for no reason after 74th street.

I thought they was doing the midday work on times square bound tracks but I think signal problems caused it to cancel the work.

…or the problem got fixed and it was updated at 9:40 pm before your out-of-date information reached this site at 9:41 pm. Maybe you were operating a train and couldn't post immediately?

Maybe you should consider taking over the job of the guy that's updating the site. Or I should submit a new app to the Google Play/Apple App Store that scrapes transit updates from NYCTF as well since that seems to be more reliably updated than the official site.

Yes, I was on the train so I couldn't give this group an update until I got to the terminal. It isn't my job to update NYCTF on unusual service changes, just something I do as a courtesy from time to time. I have no interest in working on the mta website, been there done that, I'm sticking with RTO.......

What the hell???

Service Change Posted: 01/25/2013 4:21PM 

Due to a rail condition at the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station:

Northbound E.gif trains are running local from Queens Plaza Station to Parsons/Archer Station.

Southbound E.gif trains are running local from Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station to World Trade Center Station. 

Both directions F.gif trains are running local between the 179 Street Station and the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station.

Southbound F.gif trains are running express from Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station to Jay Street-MetroTech Station.

There is no M.gif train service in both directions between Forest Hills-71 Avenue Station and Chambers Street Station.

There is no R.gif train service in both directions between Forest Hills-71 Avenue Station and 57 Street-7 Avenue Station.

Please allow additional travel time. 

Both directions F.gif trains are running local between the 179 Street Station and the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station.

Southbound F.gif trains are running express from Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station to Jay Street-MetroTech Station.

That's not confusing at all. :huh:

What the hell???

My sentiments exactly.