Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a rail condition at North Cunduit Ave,

Some (A) Trains Terminate at Aqueduct Racetrack

(A) Trains Terminate At Lefferts Blvd

For Service To/From Howard Beach , Lefferts Blvd , Aqueduct Racetrack, And The Rockways Use The Shuttle Bus.

UPDATE-

Shuttle Buses Are Extened To the Lefferts Blvd Station. (They have numbers on shuttle buses now)

S15- Lefferts Blvd And Howard Beach

S17- Howard Beach And The Rockways

H24- Via The (H) But Running More South To Where The (A) Yard Is

S18- Between Aqueduct , North Aqueduct, And Lefferts Blvd.

I used this from my IPhone by the way.

Wait what?

Aye-Aye , "Some (A) Trains Terminate AT Racetrack".

This is from the mta website! It's not a fantasy.

I was stuck at North Aque For Almost 3 Hours because an (A) Was Stalled between Switching From the Downtown Track To The Uptown Track. In this case (A) trains terminate at racetrack. (A) trains terminate at Lefferts Blvd. Use either the shuttle bus or (H) Train.

Now does it make sense?

Whoops left this out-

(A) Trains then Switch the direction (From Racetrack) and continue until Ecuild Ave.

Kendell, I'm only going to tell you this once: stop spamming the forum (and this thread spcifically) with your nonsense. All you're doing is bumping your post count with this crap. And don't give me that "oh I got this from the official site" garbage. I get all the service change reports on my phone and none of what you posted was ever sent out from the MTA.

Service Change Posted: 02/09/2013 1:00PM

Due to smoke condition at Hunters Point Avenue, there are no (7) trains running between Hunters Point Avenue and Times Square-42 Street in both directions.

Please allow additional travel time.

Still crazy stuff on the 7...

Edited by Kendell

Kendell, I'm only going to tell you this once: stop spamming the forum (and this thread spcifically) with your nonsense. All you're doing is bumping your post count with this crap. And don't give me that "oh I got this from the official site" garbage. I get all the service change reports on my phone and none of what you posted was ever sent out from the MTA.

He may actually be telling some of the truth there, though he might have also distorted the facts.

The MTA doesn't post every problem with the subway like we all think it does. When my (B) train was stuck in the tunnel yesterday at the onset of the blizzard, the train resumed 15 minutes later and I took it to Brighton Beach to do a little shopping thinking that the next (Q) train would be at least 5 to 7 minutes away. I made it all the way by foot to West 8 Street carrying my groceries before a (Q) train showed up. Yet for 15~20 minutes or so no (Q) train ever passed by and the MTA site made no mention of the delays even though it had an advisory for the (B) (with no mention of the (Q) trains).

He's proud to be Kendell… most negative likes on any forum I saw. His rep is like -99

Service Change

Posted: 02/10/2013  8:49AM

Due to lost of power at Beach 36 St, There is no service on the (H) train from Beach 90 St to Mott Av in both directions.

@Kendell: I think it has to do with the site being in emergency alert mode. Once it goes back to normal, the H bullet should return.

Speaking of emergency alerts, the Q is running local in Manhattan and all D trains are making local stops in Brooklyn. All of this is due to a Winter Weather Advisory.

Sometimes I wonder why the MTA has to cancel work for the whole weekend.Why not just cancel until the storm ends and then see how bad it was.Like today they can probobaly do some work.

They're redoing the Dyckman Street station on the (1) and there was too much snow on the sidewalk to work.

Curious they said that all work was cancelled this weekend - I definitely got on an E running local at 46 street last night, and then was on a blatantly-flagged-through-the-entire-tube L at about midnight that took 15 minutes nearly to traverse the east river... 

Doesn't look like the cancelled it all to me....

Sometimes I wonder why the MTA has to cancel work for the whole weekend.Why not just cancel until the storm ends and then see how bad it was.Like today they can probobaly do some work.

With most weekend work, they intend to use most if not all of the 53 hours from midnight Saturday to early Monday morning. Lose Saturday and they only have half the time to do anything. So, rather than run the risk of leaving it half done, it's just better to postpone the whole thing until another weekend.

Delays Posted: 02/10/2013 8:17PM

Following an earlier incident at Chambers Street, (2) train service has resumed with residual delays.

Service Change Posted: 02/10/2013 3:33PM

Due to a Winter Weather Advisory,(D) train service is running local in both directions between 36 Street (Bklyn) and Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center.

Please allow additional travel time.

Service Change Posted: 02/10/2013 3:31PM

Due to a Winter Weather Advisory (N)and (Q) train service is running local in both directions between Canal Street and 57 Street-7 Avenue.

According to the MTA:

Service Change  Posted: 02/11/2013  6:54AM 

Due to a Winter Weather Advisory, northbound n.png train service is running local from 59 St to 36 St.

Please allow for additional travel time.

How is this possible when the  (D) has resumed regular express service in that segment?

Edited by 6 Lexington Ave

According to the MTA:

Service Change  Posted: 02/11/2013  6:54AM 

Due to a Winter Weather Advisory, northbound n.png train service is running local from 59 St to 36 St.

Please allow for additional travel time.

How is this possible when the  (D) has resumed regular express service in that segment?

I guess they just realised their mistake as they just said that service has resumed.