Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

i get them from the mta website. Official mta website.

What everyone is trying to say is that your information is sometimes so absurd that we don't even believe a mistake made by the MTA could have created it. Someone who can get an archived copy of MTA's alerts may want to confirm what was really there…

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone got stabbed at Parsons and Archer causing (J) trains to terminate at the various places it can turn around East of Broadway Junction....

The (E) wasn't running between Jamaica Van Wyck and Parson Archer either, but I guess they restored the (E) as there's no advisory for it on the site.

Edited by trainfan22

Service Change  Posted: 02/05/2013  6:17AM 

Due to track maintenance at Elmhurst Av, 71 Av-bound e.png trains and 179 St-bound f.png trains are running local fromRoosevelt Av to 71 Av.

Expect delays in e.png and f.png train service at this time.

since when does (E) terminate at 71 ave? they got the (F) right

Delays  Posted: 02/06/2013  7:09AM 

Due to a rail condition at Elmhurst Av, 71 Av-bound m.png and r.png trains are running express from Roosevelt Av to 71 Av.

Allow additional travel time. 

Yesterday the express track was having problem with the rails and now the local is having problem with the rails. how weird is that? but anything can happen in the subway.

Delays  Posted: 02/08/2013 10:16AM 

Due to sick customer at Fulton St, some southbound 2.png and 3.png trains will terminate at Times Square-42 St. or Chamber St.

Some southbound 2.png trains are running on 5.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St

Please allow additional travel time

Delays  Posted: 02/08/2013 10:16AM 

Due to inclement weather, 7.png trains are running with delays in both directions at this time.

Delays  Posted: 02/08/2013 10:30AM 

Due to signal problems at Broadway Lafayette, southbound b.png and d.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 02/08/2013 10:14AM 

Due to signal problems at Woodhaven Blvd, some northbound e.png and f.png trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Roosevelt Av. 

Paraphrased because I'm on my iPhone.

Due to the inclement weather:

- uptown 5 trains via local in the Bronx

- B trains via Brighton Local in both directions

- uptown J/Z via local (no skip-stop)

Combine that with a smoke condition at Grand Central, which is suspending 7 service between Queens and Manhattan; and signal problems at 225 St limiting the amount of 2 trains running to 241 St.

Due to a rail condition at North Cunduit Ave,

Some (A) Trains Terminate at Aqueduct Racetrack

(A) Trains Terminate At Lefferts Blvd

For Service To/From Howard Beach , Lefferts Blvd , Aqueduct Racetrack, And The Rockways Use The Shuttle Bus.

UPDATE-

Shuttle Buses Are Extened To the Lefferts Blvd Station. (They have numbers on shuttle buses now)

S15- Lefferts Blvd And Howard Beach

S17- Howard Beach And The Rockways

H24- Via The (H) But Running More South To Where The (A) Yard Is

S18- Between Aqueduct , North Aqueduct, And Lefferts Blvd.

I used this from my IPhone by the way.

It's about time the Aqueduct Racetrack station get some service. I know it's only for racing fans and all, but I passed it on my travels to Howard Beach and it looks a fabulous stop, but the (A) skipped it. My only question is how will the (A) terminate normally there when 1. there's only a one-sided platform and 2. for the (A) to turn around it needs to switch tracks, but there's an issue with the Conduit(where it would need to turn around)?