Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

At first I thought why couldn't they run the (R) local (stopping at 23rd and 14th streets) but I realized that would delay (F) and (M) trains and of course the wheel detectors north of West 4 St. So my guess is that the (R) going south arrives on the express track on 47-50 Streets and does the (B) route until it arrives at DeKalb Ave.

Edited by alejr88

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WATER MAIN BREAK

Service Change  Posted: 02/01/2013 11:26AM 

Due to a water condition at 23 St Station:

There is no n.png and q.png trains in both directions between DeKalb Av Station and 57 St-7Av Station.

There is no r.png trains in both directions between Queens Plaza Station and Whitehall Street Station.

Both directions r.png trains are running on the f.png line between 36 St Station (Qns) and 34 St-Herald Sq Station, then run on the d.png line in both directions between 34 St-Herald Sq Station and DeKalb Av Station.

Allow additional travel time. 

So I was looking at my track book and understand how the agency is turning these trains around at the 57th Street/7th Avenue station.

How are they turning these trains around at DeKalb Avenue in Brooklyn? How come they could not send these trains to Whitehall Street in Manhattan?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="YoungNYCSubwayFan" data-cid="639967" data-time="1359749428"><p>

So I was looking at my track book and understand how the agency is turning these trains around at the 57th Street/7th Avenue station.<br />

How are they turning these trains around at DeKalb Avenue in Brooklyn? How come they could not send these trains to Whitehall Street in Manhattan?</p></blockquote>

Unless they are dumping at Dekalb and switching at Jay or Court St. Probably the power is shut off including Whitehall St. I'm just speculating though.

Updated as of this post:

(B) - via Brighton Local to Coney Island

(N) - split service: Ditmars Blvd to Lexington Av-59 St; Whitehall St to Coney Island

(Q) - suspended

(R) - via 63rd Street, 6th Avenue Express, Manhattan Bridge

Edited by Lance

Just heard on the radio now that they are turning a (Q) from Brooklyn at Canal.Thats at Canal upper or lower?

Edit:Those (Q) 's are going through the tunnel I just heard.

How do you hear the radio again?

By the way another UPDATE:

Service Change Posted: 02/01/2013 3:54PM 

Due to a water condition at 23 St Station:

N.gif trains are operating in 2 sections between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd Station and Lexington Av Station then between Coney Island-Stillwell Av Station and Whitehall St Station.  

Q.gif trains are operating between Canal St Station and Coney Island-Stillwell Av Station. 

R.gif trains are running on the F.gif line in both directions between 36 St Station (Qns) and 47-50 Sts/Rockefeller Ctr, then run on the D.gif line in both directions between and 47-50 Sts/Rockefeller Station and DeKalb Av Station.

Edited by 6 Lexington Ave

UPDATE:

Service Change Posted: 02/01/2013 5:57PM 

Due to a water condition at 23 St Station, N.gif trains are operating in 2 sections:

1. Between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and Lexington Av.
  2. Between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and Whitehall Station.  

Q.gif trains are operating between Canal St and Coney Island-Stillwell Av. 

R.gif trains are running on the F.gif line in both directions between 36 St (Qns) and 47-50 Sts/Rockefeller Ctr, and then on the D.gif line in both directions between 47-50 Sts/Rockefeller Station and DeKalb Av Station.

They could be utilizing the ROW to the Montague St tunnel instead of the bridge to Coney Island since switching past Canal between the middle tracks is not feasible. Unless they are doing a heck of alot of wrong railing on the manny Bridge but I doubt thats possible either. Lucky guess.

How are they crossing at Canal?

Switching at Canal Street requires two reversals. Trains must turn back southbound to an express track, then turn northbound to the local track on the other side before returning to lower Manhattan and/or Brooklyn.

Can I ask a question? WHERE do you see these things posted? On the official MTA website or a random twitter account? OR do you just come up with them yourself? The latter must be the case as they make absolutely no sense. This is not a fantasy thread.
i get them from the mta website. Official mta website.

Not sure if this goes here but I have noticed that every night the downtown (4) has been running local in Brooklyn after 9:30.According to the Barclays schedule there has not been an event every night.Have they decided to run it local event or no event every night now?

Not sure if this goes here but I have noticed that every night the downtown (4) has been running local in Brooklyn after 9:30.According to the Barclays schedule there has not been an event every night.Have they decided to run it local event or no event every night now?

Hmm... I don't think the MTA knows if there is something at Barclays. Strange tho.

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the Grand St Station, southbound 6th Avenue Express trains are running via the Culver Line in Brooklyn. Expect delays.