Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a moving platform problem at 42 St, expect delays in service on the 42 St Shuttle train in both directions at this time.

this is a first!

It's the first time that they've said specifically that it was the gap filler. Usually it's just a generic 'mechanical problem'. Kinda like when there's a gap filler problem at Union Square, it always says that (4)&(5) or (6) train service is bypassing the station due to mechanical problems, though we can imply its the gap fillers.

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

Service Change Posted: 02/24/2013 10:05AM 

Due to a police investigation at 23 St, southbound E.gif trains are running on the M.gif Line from 5 Av-53 St to W 4 St.

Southbound A.gif trains are running on the D.gif line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St.

There is no C.gif train service in both directions at this time

Expect delays on A.gifC.gif and E.gif train service at this time. 

Delays  Posted: 02/27/2013  7:48AM 

Following an earlier incident 2.png and 3.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

Delays  Posted: 02/27/2013  7:47AM 

Following an earlier incident at 149 St-3 Av, southbound 2.png and 5.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

Delays  Posted: 02/27/2013  7:40AM 

Due to signal problems at Jackson Av, southbound 2.png and 5.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time. 

3 different delays that is so close to each other. Never seen this happen(except bad weather role play or Go)

Guest MTA Bus

Due to a signal malfunction at 5th Av, (7) trains are running with delays in both directions. Selected (7) trains are terminating at 61st St/Woodside or Queensboro Plaza. There is no (7) express service at this time.

My (2) terminated at Times Square because of problems at Wall Street.

Delays  Posted: 02/27/2013 12:30PM 

Due to a rail condition at Wall St, some southbound 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Some southbound 3.png trains are terminating at Times Sq-42 St.

2.png and 3.png trains are running with delays in both directions. 

Edited by GojiMet86

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Ditmas Av, northbound f.png trains are running express from Avenue X to Jay St-MetroTech. 

Assuming that's the case then they're running through the lower level at Bergen St correct?

EDIT: Some southbound  (F) trains are turning at Church Avenue as well now

Edited by superdrive1

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Ditmas Av, northbound f.png trains are running express from Avenue X to Jay St-MetroTech. 

Assuming that's the case then they're running through the lower level at Bergen St correct?

EDIT: Some southbound  (F) trains are turning at Church Avenue as well now

Yes. They did the same thing for those weekend GOs.

Yes. They did the same thing for those weekend GOs.

Ah makes sense, knowledge of the subway a bit rusty! Speaking of unplanned service changes...

Due to signal problems at Prince St, northbound n.png trains are running on the r.png line from Canal St to Atlantic Av.

Guessing if it's northbound disruption then Canal St and Atlantic Av should be the other way around!

Edited by superdrive1

Due to track maintenance at Lafayette Av, southbound (A) trains express Hoyt-Schermerhorn to Euclid Av at this time.

Why does the whole Fulton have to be express for that.Cant they switch back at Utica or Broadway Junction?

By the way the MTA really has to get better at their advisories.Im assuming it was southbound that (N) 's were running on the (R).Its not hard to make the advisories make sense.I think,they just copy what's heard at RCC.

Edited by Abba

The MTA really do have to get better with advisories. Last night, there was a "Planned Service Change" of Brooklyn-Bound (A) trains running on the (F) from W4 to Jay St. I got down at Spring St, and there is one single sign, placed inconspicuously to the side of the turnstile. I looked up and down the platform and that was the only sign that was posted. The T/O of the downtown (E) that came by did nothing to alert us of the situation. Not to mention, this "Planned" service change is nowhere to be found on the weekly board. In short, I got smart and grabbed an (E) up to W4, while 10+ people didn't listen to me and were stuck waiting for an (A) that wasn't going to come. 

Edited by TeeCoZee

Due to switch problems at Essex St, [ M] train is suspended from 2 Av to Myrtle Av in both directions,  j.png train is suspended from Marcy to Broad St in both directions

I'm assuming the (M) is terminating at 2nd Ave for now.

I guess this can fit here, something interesting happened on the way home from school. 4 PM. A (3) train coming into 96 St downtown switched to the local track. It was the only train to do so, the next two express trains behind it both ran express like normal. I asked the T/O of the (2) train right behind the train that went local, he said it was probably to fill in a gap in local service [supported by the fact that the Countdown Clock showed steep waiting times for the next (1), 8 minutes or something.]

Oddly enough, that (3) train that went local switched back to the express track after 72 St,

I guess this can fit here, something interesting happened on the way home from school. 4 PM. A (3) train coming into 96 St downtown switched to the local track. It was the only train to do so, the next two express trains behind it both ran express like normal. I asked the T/O of the (2) train right behind the train that went local, he said it was probably to fill in a gap in local service [supported by the fact that the Countdown Clock showed steep waiting times for the next (1), 8 minutes or something.]

Oddly enough, that (3) train that went local switched back to the express track after 72 St,

Actually, something happened at 145/Bway and (1) service was split in two sections. It was around 9:30 and I stood like 20 minutes for a (1) train that didn't show up. Instead a (3) came and went local (to fill in service like you said). That 3 train was the only one to go local, a (2) showed up but ran express. Edited by alejr88