Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't sound all that good really, hopefully the numbers will start to decrease soon.

Now, back to what the thread is for!

"Due to FDNY activity at Chambers St, the following service changes are in effect:

Both directions there is no 1.png train service between Rector St and 14 St.

Both directions 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from Nevins St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Both directions there is no 3.png train service between Atlantic Av and 148 St

Allow additional travel time."

"Due to signal problems at Court St, some northbound r.png trains are running on the n.png line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

Edited by superdrive1

And here's another one, busy day today!

"Due to marine traffic affecting the Broadway Bridge, there is no 1.png train service in both directions between 215 St and 242 St.

I was sort of affected. I heard the bridge open, but another announcement said something about an incident at the bridge.

A couple of days ago I saw that Coney Island Bound (N) trains were running express from 59th St to Kings Hwy.Is the express track indeed back in service?

Did I miss something and E4 was out of service for a while recently? Or are you asking about the CI-bound track? 

E3 - what would be the Coney-Island bound express track is still disconnected, I believe.

But E4 (what would be Manhattan-bound Exp. Tk.) has had bidirectional signaling since I think '98? 

If they need to reroute they can send trains from either direction down express. (one direction at a time, mind you)

Traffic works the same way as the three track sections that were built that way. 

http://nycsubway.org/wiki/Subway_FAQ:_Three-Track_Portions_of_the_Subway

Service Change  Posted: 03/20/2013  1:20PM 

Due to FDNY activity at Court Sqe.png & m.png trains are bypassing Court Sq in both directions. 

Service Change  Posted: 03/20/2013  1:09PM 

Due to switch problems at Parkside Av, northbound b.png & q.png trains are running on the d.png line from Stillwell Av-Coney Island to DeKalb Av.

Service Change  Posted: 03/20/2013  7:09PM

Due to switch problems at Prospect Park, Manhattan-bound q.png trains are running express from Kings Highway to Prospect Park.

Allow additional travel time.

EDIT:

Service Change  Posted: 03/20/2013  7:22PM 

Due to switch problems at Prospect Park, northbound b.png trains are running local from Kings Highway to Prospect Park at this time.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Very busy day today!

Service Change  Posted: 03/20/2013  6:55PM 

Due to NYPD activity at 21 Street-Queensbridgef.png train service is bypassing the 21 Street-Queensbridge Station in both directions.

Edited by superdrive1

Service Change  Posted: 03/20/2013  7:09PM

Due to switch problems at Prospect Park, Manhattan-bound q.png trains are running express from Kings Highway to Prospect Park.

EDIT:

Service Change  Posted: 03/20/2013  7:22PM 

Due to switch problems at Prospect Park, northbound b.png trains are running local from Kings Highway to Prospect Park at this time.

That makes no sense. If the (B) can switch from the local track to the express track at Parkside Avenue, then so can the (Q).

EDIT: never mind. It looks like the issues aren't simultaneous.

Edited by CenSin

Did I miss something and E4 was out of service for a while recently? Or are you asking about the CI-bound track? 

E3 - what would be the Coney-Island bound express track is still disconnected, I believe.

But E4 (what would be Manhattan-bound Exp. Tk.) has had bidirectional signaling since I think '98? 

If they need to reroute they can send trains from either direction down express. (one direction at a time, mind you)

Traffic works the same way as the three track sections that were built that way. 

http://nycsubway.org/wiki/Subway_FAQ:_Three-Track_Portions_of_the_Subway

E4 was out of service for a while.Looks like its back.(if that advisory was true)

The R was running a shuttle between 95th and 59th only in Brooklyn.  All Manhattan bound N and D trains were local to DeKalb.  The N I was on was then rerouted via the Montague St tunnel, so I exited and waited for either a Q or D (the Q came first) via the bridge.    Added about 25 minutes to the commute, since the N wouldn't wait for the R shuttle to arrive, and the N was further delayed (1-2 minutes at each stop) with people asking the conductor questions.  The N train conductor should be instructed to answer the questions on board the train so as not to cause massive delays like what happened yesterday.

#ServAdv: n/b #D trains run local from W 4 St to 34 St due to a train with mechanical problems at W 4 St. Allow additional travel time.

Wonder what happened to that D train I saw there. It looked like it was leaving the station and probably went BIE. And the D train I was on did not run local, it went express on the local track. I don't know about the rest of the other trains.

Service Change  Posted: 03/25/2013  8:52PM

Due to track maintenance on the Manhattan Bridge, southbound n.png & q.png trains are running on the r.png line from Canal St to DeKalb Av.
Let hope the tunnel can handle 3 trains without a signal problem.

12-9 on 79th street on the IRT 7th ave so delays on the  (1)  (2)  (3)

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Teenager-Struck-Killed-Subway-Train-West-79-Street-Broadway-Number-2-Train-200139891.html

(2) is running via the  (5) from nevins street to the bronx

EDIT:

Delays  Posted: 03/26/2013  3:38PM 

a.png shuttle bus service running with delays due to NYPD activity at the Belt Pkwy & Lefferts Blvd.

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Service Change  Posted: 03/27/2013  4:11AM 

Due to a police investigation on the Manhattan Bridge:

Northbound d.png train service terminate at Pacific St.

Some southbound d.png train service terminate at W 4 St- Washington Sq.

Some southbound d.png train service terminate at Whitehall St.

q.png train service via r.png train service in both directions between Prince St and DeKalb Av.

does anyone have a police scanner and know what's going on?   and how do southbound D trains terminate at whitehall lol?
Edited by BreeddekalbL

q.png train service via r.png train service in both directions between Prince St and DeKalb Av.

does anyone have a police scanner and know what's going on?   and how do southbound D trains terminate at whitehall lol?

Do what the (W) did for nearly 6 years...

Some moron was running around on the bridge. (D) trains terminate at Whitehall by going through the Tunnel via DeKalb. I was late to work this morning because of this.