Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, something happened at 145/Bway and (1) service was split in two sections. It was around 9:30 and I stood like 20 minutes for a (1) train that didn't show up. Instead a (3) came and went local (to fill in service like you said). That 3 train was the only one to go local, a (2) showed up but ran express.

But this was at 9:30 [in the morning?]. I saw this at 4 PM. 

I should mention, before that (3) train switched to the local track at 96 St, I took a (1) train from 137 St down to 96 St just like normal. That's why I found it weird that the (3) was sent to the local. Like I mentioned earlier, the countdown clock did show that the next (1) train was kind of far away [about 8 mins away or so] but I didn't hear news about any delay in service.

If the incident you're talking about happened yesterday, it's not totally impossible for the same isolated service change to happen twice in one day.

No, 9:30 pm. I was at 66 St coming from the Apple Store and it took long for a local train to show up. I saw my subway app (iTrans NYC) where it said due to a police investigation at 145 St, 1 trains were split in 2 sections: 242-168 and 96-Rector, please expect delays on 1 service.

Lol (2)(3)(4) and (5) riders are gonna be tight because:

MTA Service Info

Service Change Posted: 03/04/2013 4:01PM

Due to a loss of power between President Street and Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound (2) trains are running on the (3) line from Franklin Avenue to New Lots Avenue.

Southbound (5) trains are running on the (4) line from Franklin Avenue to Utica Avenue.

Allow additional travel time.

My tips: Use the (B) or (Q) to the (S) and/ or the B14 if needed.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Delays Posted: 03/06/2013 7:58AM

Due to a train with mechanical problem at Livonia Avenue, expect delays in Rockaway Pkwy bound (L) train service at this time.

If its really a a train with mechanical problems not the best time for it.As its been over an hour during morning rush.

MTA Service Info
Service Change  Posted: 03/06/2013  3:16PM 

Due to signal problems at Court Street, some northbound r.png trains are running on the q.png line from DeKalb Avenue toCanal Street.

I bet it has to do with problems in the tube... That tube has not been fully fixed yet, the hurricane really screwed up that tube.

According to the MTA's site the (1) is out between 137 and 168 due to switch problems at 145. But the M4 I'm on was packed straight from Broadway and 110. At 131 St now and no trains overhead. Odd that the states problem was from the indoor portion, you'd think it'd be the outdoor part from the snow.

MTA Service Info

Service Change Posted: 03/11/2013 9:56AM

Due to a train with mechanical problems adjacent to Prospect Park, southbound (D) and (N)trains are running local from Atlantic Av-Barclay Center to 36 St (Bklyn).

Come on the MTA can do better then that. Simple change of one word.

Delays  Posted: 03/05/2013  6:19AM 

Due signal problem at Beach 90 Sta.png train service running with delays in both directions at this time.

I was LOL at this because since when the (A) is back in the Rockaway

I have my money on that the (MTA) really meant the (H) , but speaking of the Rockways How much more work is needed to restore the (A)(S) Back to the Rockways?

No word on how (D) trains terminated at Atlantic Avenue only to turn back right to Manhattan? (Q) trains were also running local from DeKalb Avenue to Canal Street at around 3:30~4:30pm. Supposedly a switch was malfunctioning at the DeKalb Avenue junction and a fire caused it.

EDIT: I was on that train and quite disappointed. An (N) had previously skipped ahead of the (D) and went on. I had to wait for the next (N) to get to Coney Island. I don't know if the subsequent (D) trains were also turning back to Manhattan.

Edited by CenSin

"Due to a police investigation at 42 St-Bryant Pk:

Southbound f.png trains are via e.png line, 36 St (Qns) to W 4 St.

There is no southbound m.png train service from Forest Hills-71 Av to Chambers St.

Also, southbound b.png and d.png trains are bypassing 42 St-Bryant Pk.

Allow additional travel time."

"Due to a police investigation at 42 St-Bryant Pk:

Southbound f.png trains are via e.png line, 36 St (Qns) to W 4 St.

There is no southbound m.png train service from Forest Hills-71 Av to Chambers St.

Also, southbound b.png and d.png trains are bypassing 42 St-Bryant Pk.

Allow additional travel time."

I was there after the fact happened. 12-9.

I was there after the fact happened. 12-9.

Yup, some man in his twenties decided to end his life by jumping infront of a downtown (M) train.

Got the info from one of my mom's friends, he saw everything happen and was taken in as a witness.

The investigation seems over according to the MTA site. Now:

Due to signal problems at Pelham Bay Pk, southbound (6) trains express from Pelham Bay Pk to Parkchester

It seemed to finish pretty much as soon as I posted it up! Are 12/9s in the subway a frequent occurrence? The rate of one-unders (as we call them in the UK) on the London Underground seems to average at about 1 a week