Brooklyn Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

B36 Via Ave U

17 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

4. B91/B92 extension: The B91 and B92 would also be extended to serve the Williamsburg Ferry Terminal.

They should also make it permanent as well,  have it run weekdays in addition to evenings and weekends, and waive the fare as well, if there is one. They seem viable as a free neighborhood circular.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Am I really? Please stop putting words in my mouth. When did I say that someone at Utica/ Empire would have to take my B49 to reach Kings County Hospital? I am not proposing to reroute the B12 along Empire Blvd. They would continue to use the B12 along the same streets to get to Kings County Hospital as they do now. I am proposing other changes to the B12 but that portion of the route would be unaffected. 

As I said I lived there for 25 years and used the buses for that long and I can tell you this is one area where the grid needs to be completed. 

Here we go with the playing stupid act again.... You pull this shit whenever you're backed into a corner....

Don't sit here & act like you've never planned to have the B12 along Empire.

It doesn't make sense to be talking all of this about how the B12 is so slow & indirect & this & that, for you to now come on here & claim that the B12 would continue to use the same streets to get to the hospital as they do now.

Edited by B35 via Church

6 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

They should also make it permanent as well,  have it run weekdays in addition to evenings and weekends, and waive the fare as well, if there is one. They seem viable as a free neighborhood circular.

I believe the B91/92 buses are free and they area good way to get to the Subway if you don't want to walk so far. After the (L) work it can run every 5-15 minutes during the day and every 20 minutes at night.

Also when OMNY is fully completed, NYC ferry could accept OMNY allowing free transfers from the ferry to the bus/subway and vice versa.

Edited by Lil 57

9 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I believe the B91/92 buses are free and they area good way to get to the Subway if you don't want to walk so far. After the (L) work it can run every 5-15 minutes during the day and every 20 minutes at night.

I agree. It should also serve more destinations near where people want to go, aside from the subway. What other big destinations should these two routes serve that lots of people want to go to?

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Here we go with the playing stupid act again.... You pull this shit whenever you're backed into a corner....

Don't sit here & act like you've never planned to have the B12 along Empire.

It doesn't make sense to be talking all of this about how the B12 is so slow & indirect & this & that, for you to now come on here & claim that the B12 would continue to use the same streets to get to the hospital as they do now.

Okay, that proposal would have had you go one block out of your way, but you act as if none of the entrances are near New York Avenue which is by the outpatient entrance. You would have had to walk one block to Brooklyn for the other entrance. Still much better than what the MTA did by moving the B44 SBS northbound to Rogers forcing an extra transfer (and possibly extra dare) or a slower ride on the local than you had with the Limited.  But I changed the proposal anyway so you no longer have to walk from NY. 

15 minutes ago, BrooklynBus said:

Still much better than what the MTA did by moving the B44 SBS northbound to Rogers forcing an extra transfer (and possibly extra dare) or a slower ride on the local than you had with the Limited.

Still bitter about that...

The only reason for that move is because using New York Avenue is far less efficient for its purpose. Had it not been for that, those buses would've stayed over there.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Still bitter about that...

The only reason for that move is because using New York Avenue is far less efficient for its purpose. Had it not been for that, those buses would've stayed over there.

I agree that the SBS should be where it is. But they need to add a new service on New York Avenue. 

8 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

That's if people actually use them...

I was the only person on my bus on both the B91 and B92 for the majority of both routes at 5 PM on Saturday...

4 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

That's if people actually use them...

I was the only person on my bus on both the B91 and B92 for the majority of both routes at 5 PM on Saturday...

From what I've seen thus far, they will probably last for a very short time (if the MTA insists on operating them, they'll likely be cut to 20-minute intervals apiece). It doesn't help that they don't go anywhere.

11 hours ago, BrooklynBus said:

Okay, that proposal would have had you go one block out of your way, but you act as if none of the entrances are near New York Avenue which is by the outpatient entrance. You would have had to walk one block to Brooklyn for the other entrance. Still much better than what the MTA did by moving the B44 SBS northbound to Rogers forcing an extra transfer (and possibly extra dare) or a slower ride on the local than you had with the Limited.  But I changed the proposal anyway so you no longer have to walk from NY. 

I'm "acting" as if that (prior) proposal of yours would've had people doing more walking than they would have to do, compared to leaving the thing right where it is along Clarkson av. in front of the hospital.... There is no reason to inconvenience people like that, for whatever reason{s} you had.... I mean, you say "...walk one block to Brooklyn for the other entrance" (there is no Clarkson/Brooklyn, but alright... lol), like that long block along Clarkson between NY av & E. 37th is some negligible distance.....

As far as the NB B44 SBS on Rogers, well listen, I've never concurred with, or defended the MTA on that, so I'm not sure why you're bringing that up as some sort of retort, as if you never proposed having B12's taking Empire to Nostrand, having to backtrack to get to KCH..... So nobody was putting words in your mouth there - you simply had no plausible, justifiable answer for having to bastardize the route like that - so much so that you later stated that you'd have the route taking the same streets to get to Kings County Hospital as they do now.....

side note: There's no need to be cryptic about it.... Just what changes WOULD you make with the B12 anyway?

Edited by B35 via Church

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

I'm "acting" as if that (prior) proposal of yours would've had people doing more walking than they would have to do, compared to leaving the thing right where it is along Clarkson av. in front of the hospital.... There is no reason to inconvenience people like that, for whatever reason{s} you had.... I mean, you say "...walk one block to Brooklyn for the other entrance" (there is no Clarkson/Brooklyn, but alright... lol), like that long block along Clarkson between NY av & E. 37th is some negligible distance.....

As far as the NB B44 SBS on Rogers, well listen, I've never concurred with, or defended the MTA on that, so I'm not sure why you're bringing that up as some sort of retort, as if you never proposed having B12's taking Empire to Nostrand, having to backtrack to get to KCH..... So nobody was putting words in your mouth there - you simply had no plausible, justifiable answer for having to bastardize the route like that - so much so that you later stated that you'd have the route taking the same streets to get to Kings County Hospital as they do now.....

side note: There's no need to be cryptic about it.... Just what changes WOULD you make with the B12 anyway?

What I would do is greatly lengthen the route by extending it south on New York Avenue, then have it shift over to Brooklyn Avenue (at Church) and then to Albany (at Avenue D) to Avenue K, East on K to Kings Highway, KH to Flatbush to Avenue U to Gerritsen to Knapp to Shore Parkway. The western portion would be replaced by a B16 extension. I would cut the eastern end at Saratoga, replacing that end without a B65 extension to Alabama. Base service would be every 20 minutes with service every ten minutes between New York and Saratoga. I would have a separate night time network where alternate routes operate at 30 minute intervals instead of 60 minute intervals. Since there would be no B65 service late night, the B12 at night would operate from New York Avenue to Alabama. 

3 hours ago, BrooklynBus said:

What I would do is greatly lengthen the route by extending it south on New York Avenue, then have it shift over to Brooklyn Avenue (at Church) and then to Albany (at Avenue D) to Avenue K, East on K to Kings Highway, KH to Flatbush to Avenue U to Gerritsen to Knapp to Shore Parkway. The western portion would be replaced by a B16 extension. I would cut the eastern end at Saratoga, replacing that end without a B65 extension to Alabama. Base service would be every 20 minutes with service every ten minutes between New York and Saratoga. I would have a separate night time network where alternate routes operate at 30 minute intervals instead of 60 minute intervals. Since there would be no B65 service late night, the B12 at night would operate from New York Avenue to Alabama. 

Because that somehow makes sense...🤷‍♀️

26 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Changing topics, how would a summer only express route between Penn station/PABT and Coney Island work out? For now dubbed as X47.

Running via 8/7 Av, 23 St, West side highway Battery Park tunnel, Cropsey Av, Surf Av, and Brighton Beach Av and terminate around Corbin Pl.

I think there should be summer only express route like that as well. I also am for having Summer weekend service on the QM16 as well to the rockaways. An (MTA) express route to Six Flags would also be good since NJT 308 is expensive and has a limited span.

5 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I think there should be summer only express route like that as well. I also am for having Summer weekend service on the QM16 as well to the rockaways. An (MTA) express route to Six Flags would also be good since NJT 308 is expensive and has a limited span.

32 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Changing topics, how would a summer only express route between Penn station/PABT and Coney Island work out? For now dubbed as X47.

Running via 8/7 Av, 23 St, West side highway Battery Park tunnel, Cropsey Av, Surf Av, and Brighton Beach Av and terminate around Corbin Pl.

That's what the X28 is for.... It runs right to and from Sea Gate right near to the boardwalk and the baseball stadium down there along Surf Avenue. In fact ALL trips on weekends serve Coney Island and Sea Gate.

34 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I'm no express bus rider, but I really can't see that working out.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

I'm no express bus rider, but I really can't see that working out.

The X28 doesn't see that much usage in Coney Island, though the people in Sea Gate do use it. It comes down to the (MTA) not advertising it down there and they should, so no point in running yet another express bus down Cropsey Avenue when the X28 already runs there and picks up people.  

48 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

"Astroland Park" :) >>>>>>>> "Luna Park" anim_59.gif

An express bus is not going to entice out-of-towners to want to come to Coney Island.... The word has been out on Luna Park & it's not a good one.... Sites like Yelp help spread the word.... Coney Island isn't that "it" place; that place where you just have to go there (by word of mouth) for the experience anymore; you have to want to go on your own volition....

Edited by B35 via Church

12 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

"Astroland Park" :) >>>>>>>> "Luna Park" anim_59.gif

An express bus is not going to entice out-of-towners to want to come to Coney Island.... The word has been out on Luna Park & it's not a good one.... Sites like Yelp help spread the word.... Coney Island isn't that "it" place; that place where you just have to go there (by word of mouth) for the experience anymore; you have to want to go on your own volition....

Aside from that most people that go there use the subway anyway...

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

The same way there’s no express bus service to Orchard Beach direct. No need for a useless resource like this. I wouldn’t want to pay almost 14 dollars round trip to Coney Island. (Not that dirty area of Brooklyn). No thanks! 

9 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Aside from that most people that go there use the subway anyway...

Yeah, that much is obvious.... Regardless, there's no point in creating a seasonal service to Coney Island... IDRC what mode it is.

5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I wouldn’t want to pay almost 14 dollars round trip to Coney Island.

LOL..... Good point.

This isn't exactly Six Flags & NJT's route #308 we're talking about here....