Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's going on along Queens Blvd this week? 

The website claims the N/B (R) is running express after 9:45, but there's no accompanying service change for the (M), which seems odd. 

Yet, there was a sign at Rockefeller center saying the M ends early this week - but this information isn't reflected on the web at all. 

Was there a cancelled G.O. that only got half-deleted from the advisories and some errant signs remained up? 

It's this sort of conflicting information that gets under my skin. There's nothing worse than working a 12 hour day and wondering which of the contradictory pieces of information actually affects your trip home. 

What's going on along Queens Blvd this week? 

The website claims the N/B (R) is running express after 9:45, but there's no accompanying service change for the (M), which seems odd. 

Yet, there was a sign at Rockefeller center saying the M ends early this week - but this information isn't reflected on the web at all. 

Was there a cancelled G.O. that only got half-deleted from the advisories and some errant signs remained up? 

It's this sort of conflicting information that gets under my skin. There's nothing worse than working a 12 hour day and wondering which of the contradictory pieces of information actually affects your trip home. 

yeah I saw the M sign about ending early. It is ending earlier than 9:45 so it isn't posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that too with the R160s on the (R). They handled that curvy line from City Hall to Whitehall very well. The longer R46s have a toughed time with that route. I gotta admit I really preferred the 160s over the 46s on the (R), but because the (F) has the bigger crowds, it really needs them more.

Well yeah fortunately the R can retain alot of its R160 cars, I guess they see the benefit too and would prefer to let the R stay as a mixed fleet, but the assignments are sporadic. Sometimes you may see only 1 or 2 sets of R160s, other times however most of the fleet for that day is all NTTs. Its clear the MTA had the BMT in mind with the designing of these supurb cars.

Well yeah fortunately the R can retain alot of its R160 cars, I guess they see the benefit too and would prefer to let the R stay as a mixed fleet, but the assignments are sporadic. Sometimes you may see only 1 or 2 sets of R160s, other times however most of the fleet for that day is all NTTs. Its clear the MTA had the BMT in mind with the designing of these supurb cars.

I go to school near Queens Plaza via the E and I personally have seen 2/3 sets of R160s per day.

The cars really moves southbound in the tunnel because they removed the timers, now it books through the tubes. So the line improved overall save for some weekend GO related delays.

I go to school near Queens Plaza via the E and I personally have seen 2/3 sets of R160s per day.

Yeah same, all I have really seen today is R46s, although that can change even by tommorow. I remember Friday the line was almost all R160s.

The cars really moves southbound in the tunnel because they removed the timers, now it books through the tubes. So the line improved overall save for some weekend GO related delays.

Yeah same, all I have really seen today is R46s, although that can change even by tommorow. I remember Friday the line was almost all R160s.

about timers, how many percent of them would you say are unnecessary, I hate the ones after Queens Plaza on the E!

Well, this is new: 

M.png Service is extended to the Chambers St J.png Station 

Weekend, 6:30 AM to 11:30 PM Saturday, Oct 18 
                    8 AM to 11:30 PM Sunday, Oct 19 

Weekend service operates between Metropolitan Av and Delancey St/Essex St
and via the J.png to/from Chambers St

Note: Late Night service is not affected. 
Edited by Lance

Well, this is new: 

Is it going to be 4 car OPTO?

Well, this is new: 

Well if the (M) uses the same tracks as the (J) to terminate.....

Oh, never mind. It's the weekend, so service should be fine.

There's no need or demand for it.

Actually, I have to disagree. Having the weekend (M) extension to Chambers instead of Nassau offers more Midtown options and ease overcrowding/delays on the (F) at Delancey, as I've pointed out previously.

The only issue being is that both the (J) and (M) are terminating there and the (M) is four cars only. But soon, the (J) will operate its entire length (Jamaica to Broad) 24/7, so only then, can the weekend (M) terminate at Chambers.

So what? Have signs telling people where to board The M.

That's fine if the (J) goes to Broad 24/7.

Let me guess, you yourself honestly think its a good idea having each incoming train at Chambers stay for a good 10 minutes or so before pulling out? Not to mention the (M) is four cars on weekends, resulting in trains not swapping at Chambers.

Flatbush does offer the option of pumping trains in and out of there at a face pace, no? That's exactly why the (2)(5) swap occurs throughout rush hours and middays.

• 2 weeks later...

A Rush hour G.O.? And a fairly long-term one at that...

Planned Work 
6_diamond.png Pelham Bay Park-bound trains run local from 3 Av-138 St to Hunts Point Av

Rush Hours, 3:30 PM to 6 PM, Mon to Fri, until Nov 28 (except Nov 27)*

Please allow additional travel time.

*Holiday Schedule Reminder: No 6_diamond.png service on Thanksgiving Day.

Planned Work 
6.png Trains from Pelham Bay Park skip Longwood Av, E 149 St, E 143 St, Cypress Av and Brook Av

Rush Hours, 3:30 PM to 6 PM, Mon to Fri, until Nov 28 (except Nov 27)

For service to these stations, transfer to a Brooklyn Bridge-bound local 6.png at Hunts Point Av.

A Rush hour G.O.? And a fairly long-term one at that...

Planned Work 

6_diamond.png Pelham Bay Park-bound trains run local from 3 Av-138 St to Hunts Point Av

Rush Hours, 3:30 PM to 6 PM, Mon to Fri, until Nov 28 (except Nov 27)*

Please allow additional travel time.

*Holiday Schedule Reminder: No 6_diamond.png service on Thanksgiving Day.

Planned Work 

6.png Trains from Pelham Bay Park skip Longwood Av, E 149 St, E 143 St, Cypress Av and Brook Av

Rush Hours, 3:30 PM to 6 PM, Mon to Fri, until Nov 28 (except Nov 27)

For service to these stations, transfer to a Brooklyn Bridge-bound local 6.png at Hunts Point Av.

This doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe to finish construction at Hunts Point?