"Today Show" skips 9/11 Moment in favor of Karadashian mom interview

Shortline Bus

nbc12f-1-web.jpg

Plane crash, what plane crash?

The “Today” show Tuesday defended its outrageous decision to treat viewers to a interview with Kim Kardashian’s mom, Kris Jenner — while millions everywhere else observed a somber moment of silence to mark the time of day the first plane slammed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center 11 years ago.

“They are well suited for each other, really, really happy,” Jenner said of her bootylicious daughter and her rapper beau Kanye West.

“And everybody who has kids knows when your kids are happy, you're happy,” she said as “Today” competitors “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” took viewers to the heartwrenching 9/11 memorial service where devastated relatives of the dead were holding a moment of silence.

In New York, the local NBC affiliate, WNBC, carried live coverage of the event, but in almost every other U.S. city, viewers were showered with Jenner’s inane jibber-jabber

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz26IqXZdAe

All i can to NBC (at least Ch.4 in NYC showed it live)and Today Show. No wonder you getting your a sses kicked in ratings by "Good Morning America." There were other days to do that interview. Reactions?

wtf.....

It wasn't even a worthwhile interview..

It could've been done on another date, or even TIME, not to mention the interview was an asinine unnecessary filler type interview, not even anything important.

I mean, granted, I come from a family that would rather not watch the memorial service because it's the same every year, it's depressing, and can get a little boring after a few hours. But this is absolute crap. This is not the kind of stuff to be showing instead at all. Kudos to WNBC for not showing that nonsense.

wtf.....

It wasn't even a worthwhile interview..

It could've been done on another date, or even TIME, not to mention the interview was an asinine unnecessary filler type interview, not even anything important.

I mean, granted, I come from a family that would rather not watch the memorial service because it's the same every year, it's depressing, and can get a little boring after a few hours. But this is absolute crap. This is not the kind of stuff to be showing instead at all. Kudos to WNBC for not showing that nonsense.

CDTA did the local NBC station in Albany show the 9/11 moment of silence? Or the crappy formentioned interview? Or were u in school?

theres no rule that every single TV station on september 11 has to show some tribute, some people might wanna watch... you know... something thats not depressing

Not every TV station, but the memorial is more of a national event that impacted the lives of all of us. I think NBC should have been more respectful. Sure it might be depressing, but life is that and so many things. Our lives will change from time to time, and with an event as big as it, it needs to be remember every year.

theres no rule that every single TV station on september 11 has to show some tribute, some people might wanna watch... you know... something thats not depressing

Foxie it called HBO/Showtime, etc. to watch if you dont want to watch 9/11 events. 11 years ago is not that long ago and not saying the cable news channels/national morning news shows(is "today" still one lol)have to devote their entire shows. However at least IMO for near future, it should be shown.

Foxie it called HBO/Showtime, etc. to watch if you dont want to watch 9/11 events. 11 years ago is not that long ago and not saying the cable news channels/national morning news shows(is "today" still one lol)have to devote their entire shows. However at least IMO for near future, it should be shown.

Not everyone has premium cable :P

I can maybe understand the decision to not air the 9/11 memorial as other networks do, but the f'ing Kardashians? Of all the subjects to talk about, who gives a flying shit about them? At least don't make it a total slap in the face. Good for Ann Curry as she no longer has to put up with that shit. ABC should hire her and spite NBC.

I can maybe understand the decision to not air the 9/11 memorial as other networks do, but the f'ing Kardashians? Of all the subjects to talk about, who gives a flying shit about them? At least don't make it a total slap in the face. Good for Ann Curry as she no longer has to put up with that shit. ABC should hire her and spite NBC.

Ann Curry just signed a new contract extension with NBC where be a co-host on Dateline NBC and chief national reporter covering breaking news events around the US and world. Still if i was her i would taken ABC's "Good Morning News" offer as 3 co-host (also Robin Roberts replacement)to spite NBC/Comcast I agree.

Back to topic. Anyone notice how worse has NBC become since Comcast became the new owners couple of years back? The Janner/Karadashian interview shows how clueless the producers/execs are at the "Today" Show.

You know, instead of opening old wounds everyone should move on as a whole... Move on... What's in the past must stay in the past...

Qft. Not a popular stance to have in this city, but it's been 11 years. We need to start to move on, as hard as it may be to do so.

Qft. Not a popular stance to have in this city, but it's been 11 years. We need to start to move on, as hard as it may be to do so.

MHV did you not read the top of thread? Even if the "Today show" tried to be "different" and not show the 9/11 Moment of Silence, it was very tacky to show a Karardashian/Jenner interview. That segment talking about breast implants/sizes while at same moment, people were crying on the most horrible day in modern US History.

It's one thing to not show the 9/11 event(which is a fair debate)but to be a legit newstalk show like "today" it was out of taste to do that interview which could be done the next day or any other thereafter.

MHV did you not read the top of thread? Even if the "Today show" tried to be "different" and not show the 9/11 Moment of Silence, it was very tacky to show a Karardashian/Jenner interview. That segment talking about breast implants/sizes while at same moment, people were crying on the most horrible day in modern US History.

It's one thing to not show the 9/11 event(which is a fair debate)but to be a legit newstalk show like "today" it was out of taste to do that interview which could be done the next day or any other thereafter.

Relax! I read the title, and I agree, it was a tasteless choice to make. But it doesn't surprise me amongst the constant stream of kaka that's current television, and the point I was making is separate from this.

F*ck the Kardashians. Useless airheads who have no talents whatsoever other than be attention whores. Someone should tell them to f**k off and anyone who cares about them should knock themselves in the head and pay attention to someone who has REAL talent.

The Kardashians didn't sweat through hours of practice on the field, the courts, the studios, whatever. They didn't face impossible odds to reach stardom. Instead, they just look good and act as if looking good was a talent you had to work on. How pathetic.

As I said before, I don't like watching the memorial every year. And I have network television. But the Kardashians in it's place? That's disrespectful.

Also Shortline, I was in school, but I my SS teacher and based off of the answer she gave me, they didn't show it.

Archived