The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone get a train with a moaning from around the brakes/trucks/axle/wheels area? I'm thinking it's worn bearings when that happens. Any takers?

SMEE train or NTT? It happens. Just means your friction brakes are worn and may slide more than you'd expect right at the end. Adjust your operation accordingly.

Another joyride, from 207 to Lefferts and back.

Metropolitan Av tomorrow, then Road Posting for 3 weeks.

More road posting?? Didn't you guys just get back from posting?

Was on the 4 for 2 weeks...one thing I learned is while that express run in Manhattan is awesome, it absolutely SUCKS during rush hour when you're following other trains!!

And also learned why its so important to get your rest. Its very easy to nod off underground...very scary!!!

SMEE train or NTT? It happens. Just means your friction brakes are worn and may slide more than you'd expect right at the end. Adjust your operation accordingly.

Copy that. SMEE. R-62. One side of the train moaned and came with a 1.5 sec delay in braking. The other side was so responsive we could come into the stations at close to 40 and still make smooth, accurate stops.

Was on the 4 for 2 weeks...one thing I learned is while that express run in Manhattan is awesome, it absolutely SUCKS during rush hour when you're following other trains!!

And also learned why its so important to get your rest. Its very easy to nod off underground...very scary!!!

Looks like the crew office is keeping me on the (4) as well. It's not a bad line. Just sucks that this evening I start at Utica and clear at New Lots. I have a long treck back home tonight.

Looks like the crew office is keeping me on the (4) as well. It's not a bad line. Just sucks that this evening I start at Utica and clear at New Lots. I have a long treck back home tonight.

Yea they are gonna keep you on the same line you posted on for about a week. So next week they will start moving you guys around. You won't stay on the 4 forever so don't worry. I've been out on my own going on 4 weeks and I have touched every line except for the 1 and GCS.

HA SO I WAS RIGHT!  so know now i know that thing i thought when i was little a little thick wooden stick is a shoe paddle..

*cues nbc's the more you know*

Yep now of coruse i shall use the "official RTO" term for it..

Contact Shoe Slipper.... B-)

Anyone get a train with a moaning from around the brakes/trucks/axle/wheels area? I'm thinking it's worn bearings when that happens. Any takers?

Car inspector changing fittings on truck. Trapped. Cry for help ??? Sorry,  it was too tempting to leave alone. Carry on.

The West Side express is a lot better.

And yes, getting proper rest is one of the most important parts of working for Transit...along with actually coming to work (you'd be surprised how many have issues with these two things!)

Yea they are gonna keep you on the same line you posted on for about a week. So next week they will start moving you guys around. You won't stay on the 4 forever so don't worry. I've been out on my own going on 4 weeks and I have touched every line except for the 1 and GCS.

For GC shuttle, T/O's need to be OPTO qualified.

looking at the schedule, it's not that we have 3 months in the yard after 6 months of training, the 3 months in the yard are smack in the middle of training (July 1st-Sept 20th), then we go back to schoolcar. so i guess i wont be going to the mega-concert of Matchbox Twenty and Goo Goo Dolls on Aug. 17th after all :( . i will be in the yards with rotating shifts and days off. i thought i'd at least be OK for the summer

looking at the schedule, it's not that we have 3 months in the yard after 6 months of training, the 3 months in the yard are smack in the middle of training (July 1st-Sept 20th), then we go back to schoolcar. so i guess i wont be going to the mega-concert of Matchbox Twenty and Goo Goo Dolls on Aug. 17th after all :( . i will be in the yards with rotating shifts and days off. i thought i'd at least be OK for the summer

give your ticket to a friend who likes matchbox 20 and goo goo dolls.

Edited by BreeddekalbL