It's official: South Ferry Loop Platform reopening - No timeline yet, however.

itmaybeokay

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (J) is just going past broad street,idk what the (M) has to do with this.

LMFAOOOO :lol:

Same yard. Not enough rolling stock at ENY yard to fill the gaps to serve a longer line. That and, as has been pointed out numerous times, the (J) / (Z) are essentially one line. A (J) may be a (Z) (and vice versa) on its next run after finishing the first. You can't extend only the (J).

Same yard. Not enough rolling stock at ENY yard to fill the gaps to serve a longer line. That and, as has been pointed out numerous times, the (J) / (Z) are essentially one line. A (J) may be a (Z) (and vice versa) on its next run after finishing the first. You can't extend only the (J).

i see...so a (Z) to broad becomes a (J) to JC-Parsons/Archer,and vise versa?

Again, there are no trains available for such an extension. So you can forget about any J extensions as long as the M still runs on QB.

Let's make an online appeal to Albany, Harrisburg and Washington DC to have a transfer of rolling stock of 200 Kawasaki 75 ft 7000-series from WMATA, and 50 SEPTA Adtranz M-4's then modify them for NYC transit service, and put them on the (J) to 95th Street and reactivate the ( NX ) service on rush hours via Sea Beach, reactivate the (W) and start express service on the West End Line. Wadda u think?  :)

Edit: I'm in big trouble now. 

Well they're adding another exit so that makes it tolerable at least, but I still think that 2 million could be spent on beefing up service on the (1) where possible or beefing up service on another line like the (R).  For the record, Rector St. is a block and a half roughly away from Bowling Green and I've walked from Bowling Green to the Ferry plenty of times.  Let's not exaggerate now...  <_<

I just used Google maps... 10 minute walk tops...

RectorSt_zps3f74143d.png

Hold up… is that RollerCoasterTycoon 3 panda in the lower right hand corner?

Still, it will take years for the new South Ferry to reopen. The (MTA) is making the desicion to help riders and the many who live on Staten Island.

Hold up… is that RollerCoasterTycoon 3 panda in the lower right hand corner?

Still, it will take years for the new South Ferry to reopen. The (MTA) is making the desicion to help riders and the many who live on Staten Island.

Well at least they have another exit, so that concern was addressed... As for the Panda, that's my antivirus...  :lol:

Let's make an online appeal to Albany, Harrisburg and Washington DC to have a transfer of rolling stock of 200 Kawasaki 75 ft 7000-series from WMATA, and 50 SEPTA Adtranz M-4's then modify them for NYC transit service, and put them on the (J) to 95th Street and reactivate the ( NX ) service on rush hours via Sea Beach, reactivate the (W)and start express service on the West End Line. Wadda u think?  :)

Edit: I'm in big trouble now. 

BIG TROUBLE!

btw i had an idea for a QBL skip stop with the  (R) , Broadway Local, West End Local (W)

QBL would have the (E)(F)(G)(R)(V)(W) !

Now im in big trouble now!

Oh please... You obviously don't use the (1) on a regular basis.... The (1) is crushloaded from 116th street down... A 10 minute walk never killed anybody and with all of the obese folks walking around here they could use the exercise.  Tons of people walk from Bowling Green which is pretty much the same exact walk that it would be from the (1) minus the block and a half or so from Rector.

5424d4db-5276-4a4d-9bfd-2a128a539d88.jpg

That is all.

P.S.: Is it too bad for the old people as well?

That is all.

lol... I'm just shocked that you actually make the boat using that damn (1) train... I rarely used the (1) to the Ferry because I would always just miss it with that stupid stop at Chambers and sitting there and waiting for everyone to move to the first five cars, then again at Rector and then the wait at South Ferry for the gaps to come out, just to run out of the doors, haul @ss up those stairs then run up the elevator at the ferry terminal just to see the doors nicely shut and you looking like the biggest jack@ss ever...  <_<

lol... I'm just shocked that you actually make the boat using that damn (1) train... I rarely used the (1) to the Ferry because I would always just miss it with that stupid stop at Chambers and sitting there and waiting for everyone to move to the first five cars, then again at Rector and then the wait at South Ferry for the gaps to come out, just to run out of the doors, haul @ss up those stairs then run up the elevator at the ferry terminal just to see the doors nicely shut and you looking like the biggest jack@ss ever...  <_<

I've only missed it a few times because of the train. Most of the time it would just be arriving.

That is all.

+1 for the solid pic. Excellent shot.  Reminiscing from the days it was actually open for revenue service. 

Guess while we are on the subject: See these chains? Those are the platform gates. When the old SF loop closed they were dismantled. I believe (reciting from memory) that storage areas were set up. (Corrugated steel frames I believe but don't quote me, a transit worker or someone railfanning the loop on the (1) or (5) or the (2) during GO's over the Lex may know, its been a long time since I did it). Fare collection booth should be where the pic was shot.

The second track: What looks like a wall, that's actually a platform that used to be in revenue service for 5 car Lo-V's. (Later the Bowling green ( SS ) shuttle. Tracks iself had a innovative lubrication system used to reduce wear and tear on the tracks and wheels. Again for it's time an engineering marvel.

Saying for the record for the ones lurking on this site, all us veterans here all know this already.

+1 for the solid pic. Excellent shot. Reminiscing from the days it was actually open for revenue service.

Guess while we are on the subject: See these chains? Those are the platform gates. When the old SF loop closed they were dismantled. I believe (reciting from memory) that storage areas were set up. (Corrugated steel frames I believe but don't quote me, a transit worker or someone railfanning the loop on the (1) or (5) or the (2) during GO's over the Lex may know, its been a long time since I did it). Fare collection booth should be where the pic was shot.

The second track: What looks like a wall, that's actually a platform that used to be in revenue service for 5 car Lo-V's. (Later the Bowling green ( SS ) shuttle. Tracks iself had a innovative lubrication system used to reduce wear and tear on the tracks and wheels. Again for it's time an engineering marvel.

Saying for the record for the ones lurking on this site, all us veterans here all know this already.

To add on to this...

When the Low-Vs kicked the bucket, they used modified R12s on the BG-SF shuttle. There was the normal door controls, and a second set of controls that just opened the middle set of doors

They said April. Nothing was stated about an opening on the 1st.

The MTA website says "first week of April". Also see this post:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/40019-its-official-south-ferry-loop-platform-reopening-no-timeline-yet-however/?p=654900

And the GO list seems to support this, with the entry removed on April 1.

So they're building a hot dog and pizza stand in the old mezzanine. Now when the old station reopens, where will the entrance be?

Outside.

SouthFerry_zps2f95ddf3.png

Coming out of the ferry terminal, turn to the left, but stay to your left and stay parallel to the ferry terminal building. If you are coming from the M15 layover area, you can't miss it, just head straight towards the blue wall. I would have gotten a better pic but there were too many eyes and some suits there.

And yes, those are turnstiles (about 4 or 5 in all) behind those two gentlemen. There's also a service gate to the right.

Archived