B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

I've had that happen to me on the conductor list. It turned out that DCAS sent to many names over to the MTA. For three months I was on an outstanding certification and then I was taken off the outstanding certification. So it does happen from time to time.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi my list number is 19# and I receive my letter in March and I went for the drug test and I was told within 3 to 90 days But I called 2 weeks ago and I spoke to Mrs. chestnuts and She told me in August nothing is going on now they up to #34 not #95.

i forgot the number to call, but i called twice in the last couple of weeks. they definitely up to 95. Idk if my understanding is correct but they are looking at 10xx for this year it seems and of that number, they called 95 so far. Terminology is key in all this i believe, they "technically" called somewhere near "200" applicants for drug testing etc etc, because I know someone in the 1xx region that also got a letter. However, I think people that are actually appointed (which i take to mean appointed in the title i.e passing the 10 training and drug test and have actually started working) is at 95.

Again I could be wrong and if so please correct me but this is my understanding of it. Also, that 10xx number is what i got at the recording when u call, goes something like "blah blah exam 4600 blah blah 1035 something something, 95 appointed" I didn't pay attention much after i didnt hear the numbers in my regions,

i forgot the number to call...

(212) 669-1357

NOTE: This phone number is for DCAS (not NYC Transit). So if you want to check on your status for other civil service examinations for other agencies (NYC DOT, Sanitation, etc.), you can use the same number.

so they may have called 200 but only 95 people passed and got hired? wow don't know if i should be excited that is moving or the large failing rate. any idea if they will send out another 200 in aug?

Only 55 out of 200 passed in my class, it's not as easy as some might think.

Quick question, why do people hide their list number? Ive seen people post "my list number is 12xx" any particular reason?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quick question, why do people hide their list number? Ive seen people post "my list number is 12xx" any particular reason?

Yeah, tell me about it. From failing the 10-day training session in February of 2014, I have learned this the hard way. While you folks are waiting, if you want to prepare for this, I posted some "handouts" that my instructor exclusively prepared for his students, which can be found here. Just note that the bus we used can be found

The reason why we "hide" our list number is to protect our identity. Myself, and other people, have the list for this exam (and possibly others) either physically and/or electronically, and if we reveal our entire list number, they can see our name, look up where we live, etc.

Also, this exam has 8,221 candidates. And most of the time, the HR Dept. calls people in groups. Therefore, if your list number is either 9,002 or 9,094 and you reveal your list # as 9,0**, we'll get an idea as far as what list number they are up to.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan
additional information...

I passed on day 7 and in line training now almost done in 2 weeks. For anyone waiting I suggest you get your cdl in advance. If you pass the 10 day training on day 10 you have one shot at Dmv. Would suck to pass 10 day training and fail Dmv. Just listen to your instructor, they will have the tools for you to pass. Use your mirrors. Mirrors mirrors mirrors. 4 ft clearance on right side and don't run Any yellow lights. You will be fine if you follow these rules.

I passed on day 7 and in line training now almost done in 2 weeks. For anyone waiting I suggest you get your cdl in advance. If you pass the 10 day training on day 10 you have one shot at Dmv. Would suck to pass 10 day training and fail Dmv. Just listen to your instructor, they will have the tools for you to pass. Use your mirrors. Mirrors mirrors mirrors. 4 ft clearance on right side and don't run Any yellow lights. You will be fine if you follow these rules.

what depot did you pick?

That was one of my downfalls, not checking my mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds...

Just out of curiosity, when was your class? A class of 200 seems like alot, especially, as I understand it 4-5 candidates are put on a bus and would suggest there were 40-50 training buses on the road during a two-week period.

How do you find the results of the Bus Operator test from 2014 (November 15)?

If it's for Bus Operator Exam 4600, one of two ways:

a) Call 212-669-1357, press 2, enter your 9 digit social security # and follow the prompts.

OR:

b) http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/thechiefleader.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/aa/2aa8cae2-b5bf-11e5-a3ca-cbafaa751299/568f395535f2c.pdf.pdf If you have Google Chrome, press Ctrl & F, type in your last name (since some of us have the same first name), and you should be able to find yourself on the list.

I received my employment letter but I have an issue...I've only had my drivers license for a year and a half now. I know there's a 3 year requirement....what do I do? I don't want to lose this opportunity. Could I put my list number on hold and if so how do I do it?

I received my employment letter but I have an issue...I've only had my drivers license for a year and a half now. I know there's a 3 year requirement....what do I do? I don't want to lose this opportunity. Could I put my list number on hold and if so how do I do it?

License overall or...CDL BP?