B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, hope it goes smooth...anybody out there can tell what final processing is like?

First, the interviewer will go over your 21-page packet and compare it with the forms that you had to initially fill out before you took your first drug test. If there are any discrepancies, they will grill you (trust me). After that, they will go over the remainder of the forms you were asked to fill out @ Livingston Street, including the tax forms. Once that's done, they will enter you into PeopleSoft, for payroll purposes, talk to you for a little, encourage you to take vacation or leave of absence from your current job, give you a date to report to Zerega, if not on 12/26/16 (argument sake), they can give you a report date of two weeks later, you'll be sent for your fingerprints, photo ID picture (the MetroCard pass you'll receive @ Zerega) and that's basically it.

On a side note I strongly advise anyone who is close to getting called to get their cdl before hand. Most people wind up passing the DMV road test after the mta training but there are some that don't and sometimes they make u requalify for mta if u fail the DMV road test. That is not stress you want to deal with. Getting thru the mta training is very stressful, don't add more to it, get your cdl before hand. If you can't afford it ask a family memeber or close friend to burrow their credit card and just pay them back every month and then take them to a nice dinner for helping you out. Trust me get the cdl before hand.

There was a girl on my training bus, she qualified for the mta day 7, the earliest day possible.... she wound up failing both of her DMV road tests and was forced to resign from the mta. Trust me get the cdl ahead of time, I can not stress this enough.

On a side note I strongly advise anyone who is close to getting called to get their cdl before hand. Most people wind up passing the DMV road test after the mta training but there are some that don't and sometimes they make u requalify for mta if u fail the DMV road test. That is not stress you want to deal with. Getting thru the mta training is very stressful, don't add more to it, get your cdl before hand. If you can't afford it ask a family memeber or close friend to burrow their credit card and just pay them back every month and then take them to a nice dinner for helping you out. Trust me get the cdl before hand.

There was a girl on my training bus, she qualified for the mta day 7, the earliest day possible.... she wound up failing both of her DMV road tests and was forced to resign from the mta. Trust me get the cdl ahead of time, I can not stress this enough.

I'm in that situation now. I was called in so quick for Buses, I had to get my permit. I wished I had my CDL license before starting. I passed on day 9 and took my dmv roadtest last Friday and failed with 70 points. Just got caught up with everyone worried about passing and the expectations of what was to come in the roadtest. I felt like I didn't know how to drive. Once one person failed in the beginning it all went down hill from there. When I left 4 failed 3 passed on Friday

NOW i have to do day 10 today and pass and then get another chance for dmv. This is crazy. I've made it this far and put to much into this. I want this job. I've seen people who quit long careers with their old employers and have nothing to go back to after being forced to resign from MTA ,either by not qualifying or not passing the roadtest

sent from my note4

I'm in that situation now. I was called in so quick for Buses, I had to get my permit. I wished I had my CDL license before starting. I passed on day 9 and took my dmv roadtest last Friday and failed with 70 points. Just got caught up with everyone worried about passing and the expectations of what was to come in the roadtest. I felt like I didn't know how to drive. Once one person failed in the beginning it all went down hill from there. When I left 4 failed 3 passed on Friday

NOW i have to do day 10 today and pass and then get another chance for dmv. This is crazy. I've made it this far and put to much into this. I want this job. I've seen people who quit long careers with their old employers and have nothing to go back to after being forced to resign from MTA ,either by not qualifying or not passing the roadtest

sent from my note4

Stay positive. You did qualify for MTA and you should be able to pass the road test. Take couple of deep breaths if you're nervous. You'll succeed. I appreciated your postings from the very beginning and wish you all the very best.

I still have not received a letter about my medical exam. I tried calling Mrs. Chestnut and she is out of the office until December 8th. Any ideas on who i can call? Has anyone received a letter for a medical today?

Thanks

David

I also been waiting for a while and havent heard last i spoke to her she told me they still wasnt callin in the 1900s whats ur list number range if u dont mind me asking ?

I also been waiting for a while and havent heard last i spoke to her she told me they still wasnt callin in the 1900s whats ur list number range if u dont mind me asking ?[/quote

I am list 14xx. My number was passed for the drug test. I did my drug test last week.

I also been waiting for a while and havent heard last i spoke to her she told me they still wasnt callin in the 1900s whats ur list number range if u dont mind me asking ?[/quote

I am list 14xx. My number was passed for the drug test. I did my drug test last week.

Oh that explains why u should be hearing from them soon i know last they were callin the 1800s for medical but u dont have to wait u should b in the next group good kuck

Oh that explains why u should be hearing from them soon i know last they were callin the 1800s for medical but u dont have to wait u should b in the next group good kuck

thanks, Mrs. chestnut is out until the 8th, i am goinng to call the main HR number to see if they can help. 

It's was 3 to 4 business days with me...if you did it Friday, expect either tomorrow or Thursday.

It's was 3 to 4 business days with me...if you did it Friday, expect either tomorrow or Thursday.

I did mines on the 10th of last month and still havent heard nothin ms chestnut just tells me they still not callin my list number range jn for medicals so thats not always the case u got lucky .

Got into Livingston early today 7:00 for Final Processing; the gent up front gave me my ticket and told me to go straight to window #3. She said I was early, then gave me a ton of forms to fill out. I thought this was going to be Day 1 work at Zerega, benefits, direct deposit, beneficiaries, etc. Anyway, 8:40 now, waiting for call.

Got into Livingston early today 7:00 for Final Processing; the gent up front gave me my ticket and told me to go straight to window #3. She said I was early, then gave me a ton of forms to fill out. I thought this was going to be Day 1 work at Zerega, benefits, direct deposit, beneficiaries, etc. Anyway, 8:40 now, waiting for call.

180 livingston is medical and HR paperwork. Zerega is training location and yes you fill out paperwork both locations. After qualification you're sent to TWC 100 for other paperwork. All of which your paid.

sent from my note4

Yesterday was a great day learning from Supt Soto. Feeling very confident for my upcoming roadtest Fri. Everyday behind the wheel I get more comfortable.

sent from my note4

180 livingston is medical and HR paperwork. Zerega is training location and yes you fill out paperwork both locations. After qualification you're sent to TWC 100 for other paperwork. All of which your paid.

sent from my note4

Yesterday was a great day learning from Supt Soto. Feeling very confident for my upcoming roadtest Fri. Everyday behind the wheel I get more comfortable.

sent from my note4

Oh wow, you had Soto?.......lol how was he? He's one of the Supt that acts real tough and tries to intimidate the students. 

Oh wow, you had Soto?.......lol how was he? He's one of the Supt that acts real tough and tries to intimidate the students.

I have nothing but respect for Supt. SOTO. His teaching and techniques are great. I learned with him, and his personality might come off harsh, but means well. It's all how well of a sponge you are. You want to learn from your mistakes and he'll make sure to tell you what to do.

From what I've experienced with all the superintendents, each one has their own teaching methods. Take all the info and make it work for you. I've see what I've done wrong and I'm working on it. I'm just grateful for having 2 chances to take the dmv roadtest.

There is no MTA way VS DMV way. Just do as MTA trained you and follow the rules of the road, follow the examiner and everything will be ok. I've got a bad habit of over analyzing things and putting crap in my head. These few days behind the wheel has really opened my eyes.

MTA has very strict requirements for operating a 22 ton 40 foot vehicle. 10 days training and qualified 2 times. All hours paid training. How much more can they give you. SUP work with you and the only one you can blame is yourself.

Everyone who comes in from day one at livingston is given equal opportunity. Albeit it all stems from being qualified.

Good luck to those 11/14 class and future classes to come.

sent from my note4

I have nothing but respect for Supt. SOTO. His teaching and techniques are great. I learned with him, and his personality might come off harsh, but means well. It's all how well of a sponge you are. You want to learn from your mistakes and he'll make sure to tell you what to do.

From what I've experienced with all the superintendents, each one has their own teaching methods. Take all the info and make it work for you. I've see what I've done wrong and I'm working on it. I'm just grateful for having 2 chances to take the dmv roadtest.

There is no MTA way VS DMV way. Just do as MTA trained you and follow the rules of the road, follow the examiner and everything will be ok. I've got a bad habit of over analyzing things and putting crap in my head. These few days behind the wheel has really opened my eyes.

MTA has very strict requirements for operating a 22 ton 40 foot vehicle. 10 days training and qualified 2 times. All hours paid training. How much more can they give you. SUP work with you and the only one you can blame is yourself.

Everyone who comes in from day one at livingston is given equal opportunity. Albeit it all stems from being qualified.

Good luck to those 11/14 class and future classes to come.

sent from my note4

Question so while u doin the ten day trainin they also pay u for that although u still dont know if ur in or not?