Is NYCT doing away with Front-End Ad's?

Lennyj17

I'm seeing a whole lot of Naked fronts in the NYCT fleet.... the V.I.M ad's have to be the longest running Front-End Ad's in history, seems like they've been in place for well over 6 months. NYCT used to change ad's what was every 3 months at the longest. 

I'm wondering if the MTA will be doing away with selling Front-End Ad's all together. We already know they don't sell the space on MTAB, Express Buses, the LFS/A's, the majority of XD's and half the C40's don't have them.  

Doubt it. A lot of ads stay on for a while, then they eventually get cycled out. 4-5 months isn't too crazy. Never know, though.

As for the XD40s, I can't figure that out. It's clearly possible (the XD60s have them), just seems NYCT hasn't gotten around to installing them.

For some reason I can't stand the ads. The (MTA) paint scheme is pretty neat, and the ads kinda ruin it. Well, not kinda, more like completely. They do seem to be taking a while to put the ads on the XD-40s, though.

The side ads look good on the MCI's but I get irritated at all of the morons gawking at them like they've never seen an ad before or a bus for that matter.  <_<

That's the point of the ads dude. To capture attention for whatever crap they're promoting.

Just admit that you hate it when people seem to be looking through the windows, because I hate it as well.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a lot of QV LFSAs with side ads or front ads. I guess it could be because the windows go a lot lower than they did on the older buses like the RTS?

I forget - has the MTA ever tried testing out full-wrap ads on a bus? I know they've done it on the Shuttle.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a lot of QV LFSAs with side ads or front ads. I guess it could be because the windows go a lot lower than they did on the older buses like the RTS?

I forget - has the MTA ever tried testing out full-wrap ads on a bus? I know they've done it on the Shuttle.

LFSAs can't fit front ads--Quill tried it, it doesn't work. Side ads they can fit, however...that's just Stengel being slow.

Not since the PBL days. 

LFSAs can't fit front ads--Quill tried it, it doesn't work. Side ads they can fit, however...that's just Stengel being slow.

Not since the PBL days.

I'm sure if they can figure out ways to slap side ads on the new C40LFs plus also front ads on the 200s (license plate completely in the way), they can figure a way for the LFSAs lol

I've noticed that the V.I.M. ads are still on the front of the buses after more than 3 months and it's tired already.  I need something new.  I wish NY1 would do front bus ads again.  And I've seen a lot of LFSA's naked or half naked even recently.  I find it funny that the SBS LFSA's out of 126 have ads but the other SBS LFSA's are naked, including the ones from Quill.  I also wonder about the XD60's.  The 2nd door on the "passenger" side is in the spot where an ad would be.  I'd love for the (MTA) to put an ad over the the doors like they do with the buses in L.A.  I think that would be hot.

I'm sure if they can figure out ways to slap side ads on the new C40LFs plus also front ads on the 200s (license plate completely in the way), they can figure a way for the LFSAs lol

242 and 245 have front ads. However, the way in which front ads are sold to me needs to change---with front ads being sold as back ads are, but not as for every bus that can support it package (and placing them on the front of the CTs as well).

I've noticed that the V.I.M. ads are still on the front of the buses after more than 3 months and it's tired already.  I need something new.  I wish NY1 would do front bus ads again.  And I've seen a lot of LFSA's naked or half naked even recently.  I find it funny that the SBS LFSA's out of 126 have ads but the other SBS LFSA's are naked, including the ones from Quill.  I also wonder about the XD60's.  The 2nd door on the "passenger" side is in the spot where an ad would be.  I'd love for the (MTA) to put an ad over the the doors like they do with the buses in L.A.  I think that would be hot.

The XD60s can support as many as 5 ads as space is currently sold---a headlight, two kings (driver's side), a tail light or full wrap, and a queen (door side).

By the way, I did not make up the names...these are the terms that CBS Outdoor uses. See here: https://www.cbsoutdoor.com/Tools/mediakits/Documents/NewYork2012_ALL.pdf

The XD60s can support as many as 5 ads as space is currently sold---a headlight, two kings (driver's side), a tail light or full wrap, and a queen (door side).

By the way, I did not make up the names...these are the terms that CBS Outdoor uses. See here: https://www.cbsoutdoor.com/Tools/mediakits/Documents/NewYork2012_ALL.pdf

The (MTA) needs to take advantage of all of that right there.  For an agency that loves to cry "poverty", they got solutions right there in front of them that they don't use.  Plus, it would make the bus look even better IMO

The (MTA) needs to take advantage of all of that right there.  For an agency that loves to cry "poverty", they got solutions right there in front of them that they don't use.  Plus, it would make the bus look even better IMO

Much of that is done primarily on Manhattan Division buses and on the Prevosts...although the Prevosts can't support headliners. I also would not be against the idea of a queen and a king on the door side of an MCI or Prevost, especially the Prevosts since they cannot support rear ads.

I would like to see the L-sides expand to outer-borough local buses.

Just starting to see the 30x215 and super king ads on FB, UP, ENY and FP buses. Primarly RTS.

Spotted 9663 and 5101 (UP),

5173, 5177, 9681, 4946 (FB),

4851, 5010, 5025 (ENY) with the 30x215/super king ads.

Rooftop/rear wrap ads do need to comeback in the Brooklyn Division

Archived