M60 +SelectBusService+

BM5 via Woodhaven

I thought it would be a good idea to keep all M60 SBS discussion on one thread (if there is a thread for that already, then I'm sorry).

Anyways, since it's been confirmed that the projected date of the M60 SBS is to be sometime in the spring 

(According to http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/140224_1030_transit-bus.pdf pages 137-142), what are your opinions.

I found the alternatives to be of a kinda interesting nature. The three alternatives are:\

1. Implement Limited Stop Service instead of SBS service.

2. Implement only an SBS shuttle to/from LaGuardia Airport to the Astoria Blvd (N)(Q) station. 

3. Extend the M60 SBS route to the 96 St (1)(2)(3) station. 

And one more thing:

The total number of  bus trips operating on the M60 will increase by 10% on weekdays, 14% on Saturdays and 13% 
on Sundays over current scheduled service. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Here's the thread about this topic. Can a mod merge these topics?

Apparently there's been some changes with stops, now there won't be a stop at 110 St and there'll be a stop on both ends on 120 St (which is good; getting rid of the 120/Bway stop was a bad idea).

M60SBSNewstops_zpsb2d2e858.png

Well, this sucks! They're not gonna let the M60 +SBS stop at Broadway/110th, cause it's being replaced by Amsterdam/120th? By the way, just to give you the heads up; I went over to the 125th/Saint Nicholas stop heading east and there was a message saying that the M60 +SBS will begin next month on May 25th. I'm hoping that the MTA decides to change its mind and keep the Broadway/110th stop for the M60 riders that live in the vicinity of Broadway/110th who are heading to LaGuardia Airport.

Yeah, I saw the machines there the other day. About that 110 St stop, if riders in the vicinity of 110th St (and by proxy political representatives) rally hard enough, the MTA will probably add a stop there. 

thx mods for merging these threads ;__;

that stop was deleted

and supposedly poster JR on the mta photo fb group said it will start on may 25th 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mtabus/permalink/641040882632454/?stream_ref=1

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I was responding to ACEVE14's post about hoping the MTA will eventually re-add the 110 St stop. Once SBS stops, if enough people get furious enough that that 110 St stop is gone, the MTA will probably add it back. Only if enough people get mad enough, of course.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I was responding to ACEVE14's post about hoping the MTA will eventually re-add the 110 St stop. Once SBS stops, if enough people get furious enough that that 110 St stop is gone, the MTA will probably add it back. Only if enough people get mad enough, of course.

Furious? They're four short blocks from the terminal, and six blocks from the next stop in the other direction.

What still bothers me about this is the lack of a stop between Steinway and 77th Street.

The bypassed stops are at 43/Sound, and at 49 Street. The latter serves primarily those who work at Rikers' Island who do not use the Q100.

As for the Q19, I expect that service will be added on the line.

Well most riders would be pleased. Bus routes cater to the masses supposedly

How can they be pleased by something that doesn't exist or hasn't happened yet? Most riders are either apathetic or negative; you don't get positive remarks for something you're supposed to do.

Here's a possibility of what the bus destination signs might look like when the M60 +selectbusservice runs in service in less than 3 1/2 weeks from now, and hoping that our good friend Lance might give us a little artist rendition of those signs:

M60 +SELECT BUS SERVICE+ | LAGUARDIA AIRPORT | VIA 125 ST VIA ASTORIA BLVD

M60 +SELECT BUS SERVICE+ | WEST SIDE BWAY-106 ST | VIA ASTORIA BLVD VIA 125 ST

Here's a possibility of what the bus destination signs might look like when the M60 +selectbusservice runs in service in less than 3 1/2 weeks from now, and hoping that our good friend Lance might give us a little artist rendition of those signs:

M60 +SELECT BUS SERVICE+ | LAGUARDIA AIRPORT | VIA 125 ST VIA ASTORIA BLVD

M60 +SELECT BUS SERVICE+ | WEST SIDE BWAY-106 ST | VIA ASTORIA BLVD VIA 125 ST

any short turn codes?

Archived