R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you Do Not work down here and make a comment such as that anything else is invalid..

Since There is No Lenox  Repair Shops..

Smh.. Railfans...

OK and Trainmaster already corrected me therefore you didn't need to make a comment, smh adults who don't know to use an ellipses mark correctly but have the nerve to insult others...

OK and Trainmaster already corrected me therefore you didn't need to make a comment, smh adults who don't know to use an ellipses mark correctly but have the nerve to insult others...

A child correcting grammar on a message board>Not Much.

Whatever helps you sleep....

Kiddo ill move the trains you can foam over them...

A child correcting grammar on a message board>Not Much.

Whatever helps you sleep....

Kiddo ill move the trains you can foam over them...

And then you couldn't even catch my mistake Ellipsis* lol, but I can't expect much from you when the instructors from your GED program didn't, PS it does help me sleep at night knowing my punctuation and grammar will increase my chances of success in life... Back to the 188 discussion.

And then you couldn't even catch my mistake Ellipsis* lol, but I can't expect much from you when the instructors from your GED program didn't, PS it does help me sleep at night knowing my punctuation and grammar will increase my chances of success in life... Back to the 188 discussion.

Yet yer here on a  Transit message board *acting* like you know what you are talking about...

When you clearly was not and it when told about it, yet you got all huffy about like a kid would when scolded.

By the time you are *successful* (Thats a BIG IF BTW)im  most likely retired and slipping Pina Colada's at the beach..

You aren't impressing anybody son..

Maybe yer self...

Go ride trains now...  

Ill keep moving them and laughing at kids like you who think they know it all. :D

Class is dismissed..

Back to the R188 thread...

Edited by RTOMan

Simmer down now rudie. 

R62As are now running on the weekend on the (6) i saw 2 running in the morning today one at parkchester and the other one at 14st. I can't say if they are running all 3 sets but if you ride the (6) then you can keep track yourself on how many are out.

Two words: dead motors.

This is not the reason for the bucking problem. Dead motors are rare and the bucking problem is not. The problem mainly has to do with the train line command for power. Bombardier designed their cars so that no car can take power until even with the controller in power position until the computer system senses that all brakes have been released train line.

Kawasaki on the other hand didn't go with the same design. The bucking is a result of some cars with released brakes attempting to take power while other cars are still in the process of releasing brakes.

Some of it which Bombardier experiences as well is a result of inconsistencies in the consumption of power from the third rail. I can't begin to tell you whether it's a third rail defect or a train defect but it does happen and a sizable arch can be seen when this occurs.

Two more words: trailer trucks.

Has absolutely nothing to do with it. Believe it or not the R62/62As experience it as well with arching and all of those trucks are motorized.

This is not the reason for the bucking problem. Dead motors are rare and the bucking problem is not. The problem mainly has to do with the train line command for power. Bombardier designed their cars so that no car can take power until even with the controller in power position until the computer system senses that all brakes have been released train line.

Kawasaki on the other hand didn't go with the same design. The bucking is a result of some cars with released brakes attempting to take power while other cars are still in the process of releasing brakes.

Some of it which Bombardier experiences as well is a result of inconsistencies in the consumption of power from the third rail. I can't begin to tell you whether it's a third rail defect or a train defect but it does happen and a sizable arch can be seen when this occurs.

Has absolutely nothing to do with it. Believe it or not the R62/62As experience it as well with arching and all of those trucks are motorized.

lolllll just got schooled, and it feels great XD. thanks for the long overdue correction.

Do we still not know when the R188s are going to be in revenue service on the (7) yet? or do we have a date yet?

R188 7211-7215 are already testing on the (7) its not known why 7216-7220 isnt testing with it as well , Did R62As 1746-1750 go back to Corona because now the other half of R62As 1741-1745 is cars from 240st yard.

Edited by R62AR33

Ohh that buckling...i know what yall talking about...the R32s on the C make that noise when pulling off...it sounds as if all the cars are jammed together...and when it pulls off the cars space apart alittle..sounds cool

Either Westchester Yard did a shit job with maintenance, or the initial build quality was ass. I hated the (6) because of that.

I don't remember the R142As being that bad when those cars were new. I also don't think the ones on the 4 buckle as badly as the ones on the 6. So it could be age and/or westchester. 

Its most likely just westchester maintaining it bad and the being on the local line for over 10 yrs took its toll on the R142As while on the (6) hopefully the R62As will get maintained as well by westchester as they do now by corona and like they did when westchester yard hard them in the late 80s -2002. 

Edited by R62AR33

Its most likely just westchester maintaining it bad and the being on the local line for over 10 yrs took its toll on the R142As while on the (6) hopefully the R62As will get maintained as well by westchester as they do now by corona and like they did when westchester yard hard them in the late 80s -2002. 

You can't blame Westchester for the buckling because the R143 does it too.

You can't blame Westchester for the buckling because the R143 does it too.

No you can't , but you can deffinetly blame them for how horrible and beat up that the R142As look , you can blame them for how beat up they run , and each time i get on an R142A on the (6) there is always an led light or a strip map that doesn't work and the ride isn't the same as like R142As on the (4)

Alright since I keep on hearing this R142As look so bad and beat up on the (6) subject thing in this thread, is it okay if I say that all this in part also has to do with the present (6) headway? I mean its a 24/7 line with very heavy ridership. That's why it runs so frequently at three or six minute headways during most of the weekdays, not to mention those Parkchester turn-arounds. It's quite obvious that the R142As don't get enough rest on that line, like the R143s on the (L) or the R46s on the (A) (the latter of which has one of the older cars in the system).

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Alright since I keep on hearing this R142As look so bad and beat up on the (6) subject thing in this thread, is it okay if I say that all this in part also has to do with the present (6) headway? I mean its a 24/7 line with very heavy ridership. That's why it runs so frequently at three or six minute headways during most of the weekdays, not to mention those Parkchester turn-arounds. It's quite obvious that the R142As don't get enough rest on that line, like the R143s on the (L) or the R46s on the (A) (the latter of which has one of the older cars in the system).

Same thing with the (4) its even worst but their R142As  arent near as bad as the (6) yes the (6) is local and it is more work but it as well has to do with westchester maintaining the R142As , It also has to do that since westchester is loosing the R142As to conversions and are getting their R62As back the crew are probably mad and are beating up the R142As with the mentality that 'another yard will repair the trains anyway why take care of them'.

Edited by R62AR33