Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can almost guarantee that ENY wont get anymore R32's than it already has and they wont pop up on the (M) sorry guys. 1. R32's are terrible at OPTO 2. QBL will need new C/R boards 3. No the C/R wont be in the 4-4 position for half its route then back to the 5-3 position. 4. The rollsigns will be a major issue for obvious reasons.

I can almost guarantee that ENY wont get anymore R32's than it already has and they wont pop up on the (M) sorry guys. 1. R32's are terrible at OPTO 2. QBL will need new C/R boards 3. No the C/R wont be in the 4-4 position for half its route then back to the 5-3 position. 4. The rollsigns will be a major issue for obvious reasons.

Don't jump to conclusions just yet. Anything can happen with the swap at this time.

Trust me you'll be surprised, why would they give M line conductors station cards and you have R160s, the next bacth of R32s will be a greater amount 32-48 more cars when they get swapped, they should do it this we

ekend, for some odd reason they didn't do it last weekend

Edited by R32 3838

Running the R32s in 5x3 formation seems incredibly nonsensical to me. If a train needs to be rerouted for whatever reason, then you have issues with the conductor not lining up with the conductor board.

What are these "station cards" that keep getting mentioned in apparent conjunction with the notion of 32's going to the (M)? (If I remember, I'll have to ask my partner today if he got one of these things).

I was always wondering if they would run on the (M), but it's a matter if Metropolitan is on both signs. Jamaica Center is, but Metropolitan might not be. This likely because it was assumed any service through Chrystie would be running along the (J) —basically the old (K), and while an MM was once planned to Met. it never officially ran and was forgotten about as far as planning.

Then, the M sign being brown and still saying Nassau St, but they may ignore that.

And they're not going to use 5×3; they'll just instruct the C'r to use the 4×4 (32's can be drummed up for either, and they're not going to have him change midroute), and if it's off by a couple of feet, it would still likely be close enough to be OK. (The boards are long enough that they'll perhaps be at the ends of it instead of the middle)

Edited by Eric B

What are these "station cards" that keep getting mentioned in apparent conjunction with the notion of 32's going to the (M)? (If I remember, I'll have to ask my partner today if he got one of these things).

I was always wondering if they would run on the (M), but it's a matter if Metropolitan is on both signs. Jamaica Center is, but Metropolitan might not be. This likely because it was assumed any service through Chrystie would be running along the (J) —basically the old (K), and while an MM was once planned to Met. it never officially ran and was forgotten about as far as planning.

Then, the M sign being brown and still saying Nassau St, but they may ignore that.

And they're not going to use 5×3; they'll just instruct the C'r to use the 4×4 (32's can be drummed up for either, and they're not going to have him change midroute), and if it's off by a couple of feet, it would still likely be close enough to be OK. (The boards are long enough that they'll perhaps be at the ends of it instead of the middle)

They don't have metropolitan on the south rollsign, only the 2003 R38 rollsigns have metropolitan on the south, a few R32s have the R38 rollsigns

No, the rollsigns with the bigger letters are from 1989-1990, the smaller letter ones are from 1987-89, 3380/1,3807,3510/11 has rollsigns from 1985

The south rollsign I was talking about, the R38s had their southern rollsigns changed in 2003 for the passengers going to Howard beach, the reading said Far Rockaway Via JFK

Following changes go in effect all R32s are coming off the (C), they will be displaced by R46s, no word on the R160s or the R32s at ENY, the R32s at ENY are doing great, its not confirmed that the R32s will go to the (A) but it may or may not happen

Following changes go in effect all R32s are coming off the (C), they will be displaced by R46s, no word on the R160s or the R32s at ENY, the R32s at ENY are doing great, its not confirmed that the R32s will go to the (A) but it may or may not happen

What is the source of the extra R46's?!

I think he means all R32s going to the (J) and all R160A-1s from that said line to the (C)....I mean the R46s are on the (A), (R) and (S) Broad Channel-Rockaway Park Shuttle. And the (C) and (J) swap is one for one car. Correct right R32 3838?

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Per some employees on SubChat they're making weekend requirements by pressing all laid up R46's into service, not sure how Monday will be done.

Its obvious this is an emergency order issued singlehandedly by someone high up.

Edited by Amtrak7

Per some employees on SubChat they're making weekend requirements by pressing all laid up R46's into service, not sure how Monday will be done.

Its obvious this is an emergency order issued singlehandedly by someone high up.

They'll probably send more R160s from ENY for an exchange for R32s Sunday night

the 32's on the (J) are not doing great. Last week there were many ABD's because of hot cars

When I was on one the A/Cs were on full blast, that's probably because they ran some of them all night

My buddy told me this, this morning on my way home. He's TWU Union rep for t/o's also my fellow co-worker who works the J told me she took one out of service at Parsons, the took the 160 lay up from the back to replace the bad 32. Train op on the had to be removed to the hospital after suffering from heat exhaustion while the road car inspector was in her position inspecting the A/C trying to make it work, I forgot what line he told me that was on.

Mind you some R-160's are blowing hot also

My buddy told me this, this morning on my way home. He's TWU Union rep for t/o's also my fellow co-worker who works the J told me she took one out of service at Parsons, the took the 160 lay up from the back to replace the bad 32. Train op on the had to be removed to the hospital after suffering from heat exhaustion while the road car inspector was in her position inspecting the A/C trying to make it work, I forgot what line he told me that was on.

Mind you some R-160's are blowing hot also

Damn yeah the heat wave took a toll on the cars, I noticed R160s having A/C issues too, ENY has been running the R32s overnight atleast 1, some stay on the road from 6:30 in the morning until after 12:30 in the morning, once the temps drop they'll be fine again, I give more credit to ENY because they actually worked on the cars

Are the R160's going to stay on the (C) after the R32's on the (C) is displaced?