Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So no chance of any remaining stored R-42s coming back? If there isn't what a waste and a shame. Are there ten left or are they done?

On the other hand, mtattrain sparked something to me, any remaining r44's on property? Any chance of any action with them? According to the roster thingy on nycsubway.org a few hand fills of them are still left.

Those R42 cars that are retired aren't coming back,same with the R44's.it's not a waste if they had to be replaced,nothing lasts forever.

the (C) still has about 4-5 sets they didn't do the swap for more cars last weekend, its planned for this weekend, but when ENY gets more R32s its possible that 1-2 will pop up on the (M)

I was under the impression that this wasn't going to happen because the R32 rollsign doesn't have an orange (M) bullet.

I mean, I'm sure they could just use printouts like they did on the (1) line when it terminated at Rector, but still. 

It's been a while since I've seen R32s on QBL.

Very True - in revenue service at least... I've seen them pulling garbage trains a few times. 

The (M) is my daily jam. Hope I get to ride one, mostly just to see the looks on peoples faces wondering what the hell this thing is. 

If they are committed to zoning the R32s in a 5-3 pattern, it can't happen. Don't have the C/R boards in place for such.

Well they may have to rezone it, trust me I don't think its a good idea but if they're taking more R160sto the (C) then they'll have no choice, they gave (M) line conductors statation cards.

I remember when they had R40 slants, R40 modifieds and R42s on the (A), (C), (E), (F) and (R) lines in around mid-2008 through mid-2009 while the R160s were being delivered. I know this from seeing the senior moderator Cait Sith's videos in those times.

I wish I started railfanning during those days.  :)

Edited by RollOverMyHead

I know this from seeing the senior moderator Cait Sith's videos in those times.

Good point, Senior Member! ;)

The Slants were something to be reckoned with, by far my favorite fleet of cars we've ever had. R38s in second, but the Slants were quick, good-looking, and had the greatest railfan window (especially from when I was only a little kid and the windows on the Redbirds were too high for me).

I remember when they had R40 slants, R40 modifieds and R42s on the (A), (C), (E), (F) and (R) lines in around mid-2008 through mid-2009 while the R160s were being delivered. I know this from seeing the senior moderator Cait Sith's videos in those times.

I wish I started railfanning during those days.  :)

i don't remember seeing the slants on the E/F during that time. I think those were either at Ci or on the A.