Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...No matter what the (MTA) does, it seems they always end up hitting a brick wall. They really must be kicking themselves right now for sparing only 272 of the old cars. Any chance of them reactivating the 16 R-42s stored at 207th?

not happening, they're toast, in other words scrapped

its funny 2 nights in a row they been running R32/42's overnight I just got off the J and they kept the R32 running so its still out there running

Even if you put the R32s back you still have ac problems so (C) riders are screwed one way or another. No matter what the R32s have to stay on the (J) till september when the R160s sms-cbtc upgrade is complete.

the R160 SMS isn't gonna be over until next year

not happening, they're toast, in other words scrapped

its funny 2 nights in a row they been running R32/42's overnight I just got off the J and they kept the R32 running so its still out there running

the R160 SMS isn't gonna be over until next year

So it's gonna happen again next year?

According to someone on Subchat

The following cars pictured in BLE-NIMX's post should have gone to the scrapper in NJ:

R33WF 9317, 9328, 9338 (one redbird not pictured)

R32 3676-77, 3746-47, 3796-97

R42 4738-39, 4704-05* 

* - not a 100% confirmation

More cars to follow.

0629131959_zps0c1c6a63.jpg

R33WF 9317, 9328, 9338 (one redbird not pictured)

R32 3676-77, 3746-47, 3796-97

R42 4738-39, 4704-05

Nice! You were even able to get the numbers (wonder how doe...)! Guess they weren't kidding when they said other stuff was being scrapped along with the R44s then. As for the Redbird cars, are more off or just those 3 for now?

the cars in back of the R42s are R40 slants from rock pk, the R32s were OOS since 2009, they mainly former Jamaica cars

the R160 SMS is gonna take atleast a year to 2 years, look how long it took to SMS the 222 R32s. a year and a half to complete, you have just about 400 R160A1s to SMS so that's gonna be awhile

Nice! You were even able to get the numbers (wonder how doe...)! Guess they weren't kidding when they said other stuff was being scrapped along with the R44s then. As for the Redbird cars, are more off or just those 3 for now?

Ummm....that wasn't me....it was from subchat like I said, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Edited by Union Tpke

the cars in back of the R42s are R40 slants from rock pk, the R32s were OOS since 2009, they mainly former Jamaica cars

the R160 SMS is gonna take atleast a year to 2 years, look how long it took to SMS the 222 R32s. a year and a half to complete, you have just about 400 R160A1s to SMS so that's gonna be awhile

I thought the R32 SMS went quite fast, but that's prolly just me lol.

Today on the BMT Archer Avenue, Jamaica and Nassau Street lines, I only saw 5-6 sets of R32s - two sets in service, one set layed up east of Jamaica Center, two other sets at the East New York Yard along with six other segments.

So I assume the current car assignment sheet isn't ignored at the moment now.

Today on the BMT Archer Avenue, Jamaica and Nassau Street lines, I only saw 5-6 sets of R32s - two sets in service, one set layed up east of Jamaica Center, two other sets at the East New York Yard along with six other segments.

So I assume the current car assignment sheet isn't ignored at the moment now.

I thought there were 13 8-car sets of R32s on the (J) and (Z)

I thought there were 13 8-car sets of R32s on the (J) and (Z)

Dunno. But like I said in my previous post, I only saw 5-6 trainsets of R32s, including six other segments, while I was on the BMT Archer Avenue/Jamaica/Nassau Street lines today. Based on what I saw from my own two eyes, I can assume that the Joe Korner's June, 30, 2013 IND/BMT B Division car assignment sheet isn't ignored now.

I had fanned the entire (J) route (an R42 northbound and an R32 southbound). Saw 2 R42 sets and 2 R32 sets while the rest were all R160A-1s, while an R32 was layed up east of Jamaica Center, two R32 sets were signed as a (Z) at the East New York Yard and saw six other R32 segments. That's how I know.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Holy damn... how did this happen??? 12-9? (evorppatsumhtimsleinad)

Caught on to something there...

...the sound of the doors opening in the video is from a R160B. The (C) is using the R160A-1...listen to how the doors close on a R160A, then a R160B and you'll see what I mean

...nevertheless, I enjoyed the video

Caught on to something there...

...the sound of the doors opening in the video is from a R160B. The (C) is using the R160A-1...listen to how the doors close on a R160A, then a R160B and you'll see what I mean

...nevertheless, I enjoyed the video

Obviously he had a C/R change the program. He's posted plenty of vids like it, you can tell few if any were really reroutes and not a C/R changing the program.