MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

21 hours ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

Turns out, it's a negative for #2910 being retired. It's still alive somehow. It's tracker is acting up.

6 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I swear, the universe is trying to play games with me LOL

Perhaps it is not the universe. While I have no doubt that the announcements of equipment scrapping posted in this forum are based on good sources, such announcements are often called off, with the 2910 perhaps being a poster example of that. Back in April there were posts, and an entire thread was opened about the retirement of all Flipdots, including 2910 and here we are more than four months later not knowing what is going on. It feels as if the MTA or someone on its behalf played a low budget reality show: "Which bus is retiring next?" While the audience is made of humans, the actors, perhaps due to budget restrains are not, they are buses: 2910 being a leading actor at the CP, while other units mostly D4500CL MCIs and various generation Orions have been cast as leading actors at other depos. No Prevost actor has, to my knowledge been cast so far.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol at posters refusing to be convinced 4331 is scrap. If FLA started cannibalizing the bus for parts its most likely scrap. They already started scrapping NGs from other depots so why is it so hard to believe 4331 is done? Especially if it got in an major accident.

Also keep in mind FLA recently got some NGs from MTV, one of those is most likely an replacement for 4331.

45 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

lol at posters refusing to be convinced 4331 is scrap. If FLA started cannibalizing the bus for parts its most likely scrap. They already started scrapping NGs from other depots so why is it so hard to believe 4331 is done? Especially if it got in an major accident.

Also keep in mind FLA recently got some NGs from MTV, one of those is most likely an replacement for 4331.

I am not believing it until it is off the roster, someone spots it being towed out of the depot or sees it in EC. If I could look at a source or some pictures, maybe it would be a different story.

5 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I am not believing it until it is off the roster, someone spots it being towed out of the depot or sees it in EC. If I could look at a source or some pictures, maybe it would be a different story.

I agree with you on this. Because a bus gets towed to a maintenance shop or to EC if a bus gets involved in an accident or fire. 

56 minutes ago, Autocar said:

What happened to 7047? 

Flood damage

53 minutes ago, C40LF said:

I believe its there for inspections since it got flooded during Ida.

7 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

7047? Seriously? I hope it is just getting repaired from the flood.

Nah. Maintenance already went through it and put it for scrap.