MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

8 minutes ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

What happened to 4854? Weird to hear an Xcelsior being retired this early.

6697-6698, those Novabus LFS Hybrids are really taking over Manhattanville.

Isn't 2926 going to the museum?

As for those 4300s, soon only the 3000s will remain.

I had just caught 2222 back in March.

6692 a former Manhattanville unit.

6692 is a former Quill unit. It was at Manhattanville before Quill.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

What happened to 4854? Weird to hear an Xcelsior being retired this early.

6697-6698, those Novabus LFS Hybrids are really taking over Manhattanville.

Isn't 2926 going to the museum?

As for those 4300s, soon only the 3000s will remain.

I had just caught 2222 back in March.

6692 a former Manhattanville unit.

4854 is NOT retired. It is having its GPS repaired, it was acting wonky the past few weeks.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

4854 is NOT retired. It is having its GPS repaired, it was acting wonky the past few weeks.

It's at the CMF next door to the depot..  So you are correct. No scrap.

1 hour ago, Transit Enthusiast said:

Oh okay. Because #4854 is only 10 years old, and doesn't need to be retired yet.

Look at the response on top... Bus at ENY CMF next door to the depot

11 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So why exactly was the B23 discontinued and why hasn't it been brought back? I see a lot of NYC folk requesting that it been brought back someway with a slightly different routing.

This should be posted in the Random Thoughts thread. I guess you posted this on the wrong thread by accident.

8 hours ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

3392 from College Point depot is now retired

Are you sure. It appears to be running.

Vehicle 3392 on route QM40-Lefrak City - Midtown Via 3 Av going →Rego Park Lefrak City aprchg 60 Av on 99 St Last seen 6:20

Also 3002 is present and accounted for:

Vehicle 3002 on route QM2-Bay Terrace - Midtown Via 6 Av going →Bay Terrace Bell Bl via Whitestone Exy via Bayside past 23 Av on 211 St Last seen 30:42

11 hours ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

3392 from College Point depot is now retired

2 hours ago, TomaszSBklyn said:

Are you sure. It appears to be running.

Vehicle 3392 on route QM40-Lefrak City - Midtown Via 3 Av going →Rego Park Lefrak City aprchg 60 Av on 99 St Last seen 6:20

Also 3002 is present and accounted for:

Vehicle 3002 on route QM2-Bay Terrace - Midtown Via 6 Av going →Bay Terrace Bell Bl via Whitestone Exy via Bayside past 23 Av on 211 St Last seen 30:42

3392 isn't retired, it ran in service on the QM40 earlier as quoted

1 hour ago, MTABusTransitFanner said:

@DaPr03 @TomaszSBklyn oh sorry, my bad lol! 

Don't worry. And there is no rush to retirement, at least not for buses. Based on complaints about poor quality and reliability of new buses as per this forum and your YouTube posts, the old buses may be here for a long time. Do you think the Orions mentioned in your YouTube post may be pulled out of Eastchester back considering that the many 2021 Nova's are all broken in Kingsbridge?

13 minutes ago, TomaszSBklyn said:

Don't worry. And there is no rush to retirement, at least not for buses. Based on complaints about poor quality and reliability of new buses as per this forum and your YouTube posts, the old buses may be here for a long time. Do you think the Orions mentioned in your YouTube post may be pulled out of Eastchester back considering that the many 2021 Nova's are all broken in Kingsbridge?

There aren’t that many new buses around to even consider bringing buses out of retirement. Kingsbridge only has 8 Nova hybrids but they have more than enough diesel Novas to cover service. Also, service tends to be reduced during the summer so units will freed up for service. People are thinking too deep about the Nova and Prevost issues considering their new fleet is still small compared to the other diesel, hybrids, and coaches that are still around.

2 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Highly doubt it will be retired. Will it take months, maybe a few years to fix? Probably. I've seen buses in way worse condition that came back into service.

The damage is in the frame its self. Either they'll send it back to New Flyer and get a new 7647, or they'll try to fix the original. 

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't 1020 get sent back to New Flyer already?

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

The damage is in the frame its self. Either they'll send it back to New Flyer and get a new 7647, or they'll try to fix the original. 

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't 1020 get sent back to New Flyer already?

Bus is under warranty. They will try to fix first. However, that would be after MTA investigates.. So as of right now no scrap.