MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, T J Trainman said:

Some minor corrections, 3551, and 3553 are not scrap.  Those are on the ready line. 3579, 3602, and 3737 are scrap.

Not pointing the finger at you TJ at all but to the others SIGH!

I wish those who report scrap would wait to do so at the point when the bus is towed out of the depot. A bus could be planned to be scrapped, but until the fare box is removed and parts are stripped, the bus could be used for service if no other bus is available.   There are too many people who want to be the first to report said scrap and it turns out to be wrong.

4 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

I wish those who report scrap would wait to do so at the point when the bus is towed out of the depot. A bus could be planned to be scrapped, but until the fare box is removed and parts are stripped, the bus could be used for service if no other bus is available.   There are too many people who want to be the first to report said scrap and it turns out to be wrong.

I always wonder where some of the users get the information without seeing the buses physically at the scrap lot. There have been times when buses have been reported to be scrap when it turns out to be that the bus was only out of service for a month or two (And I have been guilty of this as well).

4 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

You definitely have a good point with this @Bill from Maspeth.. (I'm also guilty at this).  I like to ask for verification first before reporting the bus is actually scrapped or has head to the scrap area.

13 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Are all of those accident buses sitting in Eastchester marked for scrap or on hold?

Some are for scrap, some are for hold. It depends on how much damage the unit has taken. 

(Example: 4137, 4619 and 8017)